Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Playoffs 2014

Baseball Playoffs 2014

Wow this is quite a start to the 2014 playoffs. Will this game ever end?

So I hear that the A's had filed a complaint against tonight's Umpire very recently. That would explain his multiple bad pitch calls...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The A's are having some fun playing Keystone Cops tonight.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

And the Keystone Cops finally give the game away...

I am a medium-rare baseball fan.I watch about 10 regular season games a year and always watch the all-star game.

I used to watch as much of the playoffs as I could TIVO plus the World Series,of course.I don't have cable.All of the playoff games are on cable.

I watch every NASCAR race on Fox from the Daytona 500 until they put the last half of the season on cable,then I don't even follow it enough to know who won the points championship or any particular race until months later if then.

I watch college football,in particular Va Tech,but all of the bowl games are now on cable and I often don't know or care if the Hokies won or lost their bowl game until the next season.They have now put Monday Night Football on cable.

Millions of people are doing away with cable all of the time.More and more sports broadcasts are going to cable all of the time.
    They might end up losing a lot of us medium-rare sports fans.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Wow this is quite a start to the 2014 playoffs. Will this game ever end?
    Looks like it was probably a great game. This was the first game I watched this year. With infinite time I'd watch a lot more. But I'm so cynical that in the 6th inning when a dominating pitcher was pulled *maybe* to preserve his stock in free agency, my long-time-coming decision to boycott my boyhood Royals (Dye, Beltran and others would retire in KC if they were worth supporting) was cemented, and I turned the game off. I wonder how many more NFL games I can stomach.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by nayjevin View Post
    Looks like it was probably a great game. This was the first game I watched this year. With infinite time I'd watch a lot more. But I'm so cynical that in the 6th inning when a dominating pitcher was pulled *maybe* to preserve his stock in free agency, my long-time-coming decision to boycott my boyhood Royals (Dye, Beltran and others would retire in KC if they were worth supporting) was cemented, and I turned the game off. I wonder how many more NFL games I can stomach.
    I should have turned it off after the sixth!

At least you have more games to watch now...

Well, the Yankees fell short this year, so I am going to cheer for the Orioles. Wouldn't mind if the Royals or the Pirates won either. Those 3 teams finally had a good season
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Well, the Yankees fell short this year, so I am going to cheer for the Orioles.
    I'm rooting for the O's too. Actually, I always have.

I'm a Cubs fan. What is this thing called "Baseball Playoffs"??

Just kidding. I also like the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post

I also like the Yankees.
    Booooo...

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Booooo...
    You can boo the Yankees, but you can't boo the Captain
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Go Giants!
    After last night's fiasco, I'm afraid to celebrate yet at 8-0 in the 8th...

Two errors in a row by the Giants, ugh! Madbum's shut-out is in danger.

Wew, that was close. Madbum pulled it out in the 8th. Can he close out the 9th?

And Madison Bumgarner throws a complete game shutout for the Giants!

It is great to be able to be a Royals fan again. The team was really something special when Kauffmans were alive. The subsequent owners have seemed to have other priorities.

The early Royals were really cool.

The coolest Royal of all time.

The late Dan Quisenberry.

The late Darrell Porter putting Lou Pinniella in his place.

Fightin' George.
    Last edited by sparebulb; 10-01-2014 at 10:35 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    And Madison Bumgarner throws a complete game shutout for the Giants!
    Hell yeah

How about them O's today. Heh....

A little off topic, but a good memory is Kirk Gibson's home run off Oakland in the '88 series. Gibson ran an 0-2 count full before hitting the game winner. Off Eckersley, no less.

And a great call from the great Vic Scully. (Jack Buck also had a good radio call.)

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

How bout them Giants? up 2-0 on the Nats after winning 2-1 in 18 innings

O's win the Division.

Musta been some magic or something.

Last edited by Natural Citizen; 10-05-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Mmmmm, Boog's BBQ is movin' on...

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Mmmmm, Boog's BBQ is movin' on...
    That food is awsome. MMMM indeed. My kid practically grew up there at the stadium and lived off it.

NC,

Did you visit Memorial Stadium much? I missed that, but got to Camden Yards once. Seems like some interesting stuff to see in Baltimore, with Babe Ruth, Poe, and probably other stuff.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Go St. Louis, the class of the MLB since before any of us were born and certainly true today.

I'd like to see a KC v STL rematch of 85. With the Cards winning this time. Imagine the network thrashing without a east or west coast major market series.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    How bout them Giants? up 2-0 on the Nats after winning 2-1 in 18 innings
    Wildcard vs. the NL top seed.

Kinda' surprised that in 100+ years of major league playoffs that no game ever went more than 18.

Yeah, St Louis is a great baseball town. A city that size having two teams for a long while was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    I'd like to see a KC v STL rematch of 85. With the Cards winning this time.
    That was the first bet I ever made and lost. Lost the price of a can of soda on that one, I thought the Cards had it in the bag.

KC-St Louis would be an entertaining series. The Denkinger call would get a lot of airplay. I still think he missed the call because he saw Morganna out the corner of his eye.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 10-06-2014 at 12:03 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast