Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Playoffs 2014

Looking at your username, you should be watching tonight. The Giants have an awesome pitcher named Madison Bumgarner (MadBum) who is flawless through eight innings.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bumgarner goes full 9 innings in 5-0 shutout. 4 hits allowed. Giants take game 5.

After games 2 and 3, I thought the Royals were the slightly better team. But now I can't tell. Baseball experts chime in here with opinions, please.
    Last edited by anaconda; 10-26-2014 at 11:21 PM.

Getting sick of the sports media being so biased for the Royals.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Bumgarner goes full 9 innings in 5-0 shutout. 4 hits allowed. Giants take game 5.
    Mad-Bum does it again!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Getting sick of the sports media being so biased for the Royals.
    Seems like the FOX announcers are friendly towards both teams - near as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I used to be a die hard baseball fan but I quit watching after they introduced the wildcard. A pennant race gave me a reason to watch during the regular season. I used to always know how many games out my team was.
    Giants made the World Series BECAUSE of the Wild Card.
    I am the spoon.

Mad-Bum does it again!
    MadBum is a $#@!ing BEAST!
    I am the spoon.

Seems like the FOX announcers are friendly towards both teams - near as I can tell.
    You haven't watched enough. One of the pre-game guys was waving a Royal's towel. All any of them do is praise the Royals, and talk about the negatives of the Giants. It's pretty blatant.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I used to be a die hard baseball fan but I quit watching after they introduced the wildcard. A pennant race gave me a reason to watch during the regular season. I used to always know how many games out my team was.
    I kinda agree. 162 games should mean something.

Oooooooh KC

Bring on game 7!

Please somebody make it stop. Down 8-0
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Please somebody make it stop. Down 8-0
    It's 9-0 now.

Defense choked this game. And the Giants big hitters (Sandoval, Posey, Belt) have continued with their 3 month HR drought.

10-0 now. Can't wait for game 7, go Royals!
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

You haven't watched enough. One of the pre-game guys was waving a Royal's towel. All any of them do is praise the Royals, and talk about the negatives of the Giants. It's pretty blatant.
    Go Royals!

It was the same in the ALCS. The announcers must have mentioned about 20 times that this would be the Royals' first World Series appearance since 1985....no mention of the fact that the Orioles haven't made an appearance since 1983. No, that wouldn't be interesting for anyone to know.

Woo hoo! Game 7!

The Royals' Game 6 rout of the Giants on Tuesday set up the 36th winner-take-all Game 7 in World Series history...

The home team has won each of the last nine World Series Game 7s, dating to 1982. Prior to the recent Game 7 success of home teams, however, the road team had won 13 of the last 16 do-or-die World Series contests. Overall, the home team is 18-17 in deciding Game 7s.

More numbers:

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/999116...tory-in-game-7
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mad-Bum is a machine, no matter how this game comes out.

This is it, bottom of the 9th, one run advantage.

Talk about taking it right down to the wire...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Holy $#@!!!!!!

(That was in reaction to the errors by Blanco and Perez in the Giants outfield)
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 10-29-2014 at 11:29 PM.

Almost an in-thE-park homE run...

Perez came to play. Looks like he's trying to play tennis with those high pitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Damn that was close!

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Almost an in-thE-park homE run...

Perez came to play. Looks like he's trying to play tennis with those high pitches.
    Those last two at-bats were crazy.

Mad-Bum is legend.

History made. The two-win starter comes in and throws the last five innings in relief for the save. Wow..

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    History made. The two-win starter comes in and throws the last five innings in relief for the save. Wow..
    He's credited with a win, since he pitched the 5th inning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    He's credited with a win, since he pitched the 5th inning.
    Thanks for the correction. I don't watch much baseball.
    Last edited by anaconda; 10-29-2014 at 10:10 PM.

With the way the Giants were mishandling the ball on that one play in the 9th, it might have been worth the risk to wave the runner home and force a throw for a play at the plate. If it had been a faster runner they probably would have tied it. Anyway, Bumgarner was wicked the whole series, definitely deserved that MVP award.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Wow, what a great and enjoyable series. I was rooting for the Royals, but glad to see the National League notch one. Now they're only about 15 behind the Americans in World Series play. Damn Yankees.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Thanks for the correction. I don't watch much baseball.
    Turns out the scorekeeper used their discretion and awarded him with the save, and gave Affeldt the win. It's rare for scorekeepers to give a win to a pitcher other than the one who pitched the 5th inning while his team had the lead, but tonight was one of those instances.

Short version: you were right, Bumgarner with the save.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Turns out the scorekeeper used their discretion and awarded him with the save, and gave Affeldt the win. It's rare for scorekeepers to give a win to a pitcher other than the one who pitched the 5th inning while his team had the lead, but tonight was one of those instances.

Short version: you were right, Bumgarner with the save.
    I learned something from you. I didn't know about the minimum innings requirement. And I didn't know scorekeepers have "discretion."
    Last edited by anaconda; 10-30-2014 at 01:58 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast