Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Baseball Playoffs 2014

GODDAMN MADBUM IS A $#@!ING BEAST!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    He's credited with a win, since he pitched the 5th inning.
    So 3 wins in similar fashion as Randy Johnson in 2001.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Awesome game. Way to go, Giants!
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

ok, back to football...

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Turns out the scorekeeper used their discretion and awarded him with the save, and gave Affeldt the win. It's rare for scorekeepers to give a win to a pitcher other than the one who pitched the 5th inning while his team had the lead, but tonight was one of those instances.

Short version: you were right, Bumgarner with the save.
    Hmmm. Combining that with the pro-Royals bias exhibited during the playoffs make one wonder about that decision...

Affeldt did great too though.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

So many of Bumgarner pitches were predictably high, but they kept swinging at them. A rematch would be interesting, since so many Royals are young.

You can't underestimate the management and coaching of the Giants. They keep the team positive, and Bochy is a master of putting the right people in at the right time. It's truly a team effort.

They overcame a lot of negatives. They lost Scutaro, Pagan and Cain to injury. The HR hitters (Sandoval, Posey, Belt) were all in a terrible slump. Lincecum ended the season in a slump. They didn't have a real closer (Romo is far better as a mid-reliever in the 7th or 8th). On the positive side, you had MadBum and Pence, and an assortment of hitters who could step up for base hits and RBIs. It was not your typical World Series team.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 10-30-2014 at 12:09 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by robert68 View Post
    So many of Bumgarner pitches were predictably high, but they kept swinging at them. A rematch would be interesting, since so many Royals are young.
    They would probably play a 7 game series down to the last pitch of the 7th game.

Notch a another win for pure baseball, aka the National League!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Hmmm. Combining that with the pro-Royals bias exhibited during the playoffs make one wonder about that decision...

Affeldt did great too though.
    In 20 years of watching baseball I'be never seen a starter get the win without completing 5 innings.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Notch a another win for pure baseball, aka the National League!
    Yep.I found the games played in SanFran more interesting and fun to watch than those played in KC for just that reason.
    And all three Fox announcers said the same thing many times.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Unfortunately I was working and missed the game. After no close games in the first six of the series it must have been great to see the last one go down to possibly the last out. Sounds like it was a great game to watch! (Been a Bruce Bochy fan since he coached the Padres- he gets a lot from his players).

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Unfortunately I was working and missed the game. After no close games in the first six of the series it must have been great to see the last one go down to possibly the last out. Sounds like it was a great game to watch! (Been a Bruce Bochy fan since he coached the Padres- he gets a lot from his players).
    I was working too. Bochy is a great manager. Him and the players have won these 3 World Series in spite of how shifty our GM is. You can count on Saban to either still keep Pagan or find someone worse and still not go out and get a real closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Mad-Bum is legend.
    And at a bargain basement price for the Giants.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2...son-bumgarner/

Scratch that thought. Was a little too personal.

But, yeah. Tampa Bay Rays just drafted a good player.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-10-2016 at 09:19 PM.

My team just lost six in a row .

We need a new baseball thread.

I'm going to a Braves game next Thursday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I'm going to a Braves game next Thursday.
    Hey, get drunk and cuss at the Braves. Wear the visitor's jersey, too.

I'm going to Wrigley Field first week of July.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Hey, get drunk and cuss at the Braves. Wear the visitor's jersey, too.
    Of course, why else would I go to a game?
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Baseball is fun to watch live. A lot of women don't like baseball. Glad to see you two do, though.

Of course, why else would I go to a game?
    I was going to say scratch that idea. They have jails in the baseball stadium now. So, that's no fun to do anymore.

Baseball is fun to watch live. A lot of women don't like baseball. Glad to see you two do, though.
    I don't care about it, actually. I'm only going because I scored free tickets, free parking, and I have nothing better to do next Thursday.

I love it, but we only have a minor league team here. Have to travel to see the majors.

I don't care about it, actually. I'm only going because I scored free tickets, free parking, and I have nothing better to do next Thursday.
    Boooooo....

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I love it, but we only have a minor league team here. Have to travel to see the majors.
    Seems like the environment is more fun with the minors and semi-pro, though. It's a different atmosphere. Speaking for myself, I've traveled all over the place watching my own son play in different stadiums. And I've found it to be a much more enjoyable experience. Granted, I'm there watching my kid play and that likely plays into it but even still, it just feels better watching baseball played at that level. More comfortable. And more fun to watch the game itself played. Maybe because it's less commercial. Not sure. I prefer it over going to a MLB game, though.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-10-2016 at 10:11 PM.

Seems like the environment is more fun with the minors and semi-pro, though. It's a different atmosphere. Speaking for myself, I've traveled all over the place watching my own son play in different stadiums. And I've found it to be a much more enjoyable experience. Granted, I'm there watching my kid play and that likely plays into it but even still, it just feels better watching baseball played at that level. More comfortable. And more fun to watch the game itself played. Maybe because it's less commercial. Not sure. I prefer it over going to a MLB game, though.
    It is a lot of fun. They do a lot of stuff they don't do at MLB games...dizzy bat races, contests and things. You get closer to the game (literally) too. My son and I are Cubs fans, and their triple-A team comes to town a couple of times each year to play the NOLA team, we always go for the whole series each time. We got to meet Kris Bryant and Javy Baez 2 years ago when they were both still in the minors.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456