Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: First US case of Ebola

I'm a member of the (Dallas) CowboyZone message board....someone is reporting that

A person that interacted with Duncan is now showing symptoms of Ebola. This is not public knowledge at the moment.

This person spent time working at a day care after interacting with Duncan. My girlfriend is close friends with a women who also spent time helping at the day care. Needless to say, they are very concerned at the moment.
    I'm quoting it but I don't want to provide the link or any other details (other than to say that was posted late last night), but that's pretty damned scary.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Now apparently one Doctor David Sanders, who has been studying Ebola pretty much exclusively since 2001, says that Ebola is "primed to go airborne." That while it is not currently airborne, nor is it currently a threat to the US, the more people it infects the higher the chances are that it will go airborne and thus become a threat to the US. He says that because it can be transmitted in through the lungs when it is aerosolized, whereas apparently most airborne viruses cannot be transmitted in through the lungs even when aerosolized, that this demonstrates a potential for a mutation to airborne status.

Seems I've heard something like that before...

Hard to parse the fearmongering from the facts

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/l...to-go-airborne

Purdue professor says Ebola 'primed' to go airborne

While the virus has thus far only been shown to be transferred via bodily fluids, Sanders argues that it could become airborne.

"It can enter the lung from the airway side," Sanders said. "So this argues that Ebola is primed to have respiratory transmission.
    The articles say he's been studying it since 2003, but he himself said in a video that 2003 was just when his first paper was published on Ebola, that he's been studying Ebola since before 9/11.

Apparently this Doctor Sanders had been trying to warn people about this for over a month.

http://www.healthcanal.com/infection...ssibility.html

They got this all covered, contained...

Protocols still are sounding just fine on paper, and so wise.

IT'S NOT SPREADING and with more pay, it all just turns into gravy!

Maybe keynesian powered hazard pay for all* medical workers could save us
    if necessary... Of course that would have to be carefully regulated to prevent any
    quantitative easing abuse.

Maybe they should sell lottery/raffle tickets for the country's <30 isolation rooms!
    Buy your ticket right away, before the hospitals close their doors to any new victims.

Hey, you might even become the first on your block to be the last one on your block!
    So you don't forget, order you ticket before midnight tomorrow...

Better yet, how about an auction? Only a little over 20 isolations rooms remain,
    and they are going fast! These are nicer rooms than those bubble tents the army is
    building as fast as they can. Who wants to hear scream and moans through thin walls?

I'm sure there's a guberplan where to pile up all the bodies and soiled sheets,
    IF NECESSARY. Don't forget about recycling: "Reduce, Reuse, and think green!"

No worries mate, gud dye.

+++

*Don't forget hazard pay for all the clean up people too. Jobs, jobs, JOBS for
    anyone with a pressure washer (bring your own boots and gloves).
    Last edited by FindLiberty; 10-15-2014 at 08:29 AM.

Now the WHO is saying the incubation period is 2 to 42 days.

Startling Report: WHO – 1 In 20 Ebola Infections Are Contagious For 42 Days (Just Released Video)

By Liberty Balance

Startling Ebola news out this morning 1 in 20 people are infectious for up to 42 days. A 42-day observation period with no new outbreaks is required before declaring the outbreak is under control. In WHO’s own words: WHO is therefore confident that detection of no new cases, with active surveillance in place, throughout this 42-day period means that an Ebola outbreak is indeed over.

Why hasn’t anyone reported this until now? How is this not one of the single most important pieces of information in the world at this moment when all human life on our planet is now legitimately threatened by an uncontrolled viral outbreak with a 70 percent fatality rate and no recognized treatments or cures?

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ittable-by-Air

Medical Research Org CIDRAP:
    Ebola Transmittable by Air

by Chriss W. Street 14 Oct 2014 1128 post a comment
    The highly respected Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) at the University of Minnesota just advised the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) that “there is scientific and epidemiologic evidence that Ebola virus has the potential to be transmitted via infectious aerosol particles,” including exhaled breath.
    CIDRAP warns in regards to N95 respirators, “Healthcare workers have experienced very high rates of morbidity and mortality in the past and current Ebola virus outbreaks. A facemask, or surgical mask, offers no or very minimal protection from infectious aerosol particles.”

CIDRAP is now advising the CDC and WHO that proper “personal protective equipment (PPE) ensures that healthcare workers remain healthy throughout an outbreak.” Based on scientific research, CIDRAP recommends the minimum protection for healthcare professionals in high-risk settings is a “powered air-purifying respirator (PAPR) with a hood or helmet” that will filter 99.97% of all particles down to 0.3 microns in diameter.

But the minimum Internet-advertised price for a “qualified” 3M Veraflo respirator is $427.13, compared to about $.65 for an N95 facemask. With Liberia’s per capita GDP only $454 last year and the economy in shambles, there is no way the country’s healthcare professionals can afford to acquire the appropriate protective respirators.

USELESS:

PROPER:

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    MY INITIAL REACTION TO HEADLINE PHOTO: I hate those PhotoShop'd depth of focus "blur" effects - so lame.

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Second health care worker in TX just diagnosed with Ebola.

Didn't someone mention a NC one too - like yesterday? Suspected or confirmed?

This one sounds confirmed.

-t
    Yep. It's confirmed.

Second health care worker tests positive for Ebola at Dallas hospital

(CNN) -- A second health care worker who cared for an Ebola patient at a Dallas hospital has contracted the virus herself.

The worker, a woman who lives alone, was quickly moved into isolation at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, authorities said Wednesday.

The news cast further doubt on the hospital's ability to handle Ebola and protect employees. It's the same hospital that initially sent Thomas Eric Duncan home, even though he had a fever and had traveled from West Africa. By the time he returned to the hospital, his symptoms had worsened. He died while being treated by medical staff, including the two women who have now contracted the disease.

"I don't think we have a systematic institutional problem," Dr. Daniel Varga, chief clinical officer of Texas Health Resources, told reporters Wednesday, facing questions about the hospital's actions.

Medical staff "may have done some things differently with the benefit of what we know today," he said, adding, "no one wants to get this right more than our hospital."
    Seventy-five health care workers in Dallas are being monitored for any Ebola symptoms, Varga said.
    The second worker reported a fever Tuesday and was immediately isolated, health department spokeswoman Carrie Williams said. The virus is not contagious before there are symptoms [Are we supposed to take that at face value? - B4L].
    The second time

The latest infection marks the second-ever transmission of Ebola in the United States. Both stemmed from Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital.
    Also Tuesday, National Nurses United made troubling allegations about the hospital, claiming "guidelines were constantly changing" and "there were no protocols" about how to deal with the deadly virus."

"The protocols that should have been in place in Dallas were not in place, and that those protocols are not in place anywhere in the United States as far as we can tell," NNU Executive Director RoseAnn DeMoro said. "We're deeply alarmed."

Nurses were told to wrap their necks with medical tape when equipment left their necks exposed; they felt unsupported and unprepared, and they received no hands-on training, union co-president Deborah Burger said.
    U.S. President Barack Obama says he'll reach out directly to heads of state to encourage other countries to do more to fight back.

"There are a number of countries that have capacity that have not yet stepped up," he said. "Those that have stepped up, all of us, are going to have to do more."
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/15/health...bola-outbreak/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Why hasn’t anyone reported this until now? How is this not one of the single most important pieces of information in the world at this moment when all human life on our planet is now legitimately threatened by an uncontrolled viral outbreak with a 70 percent fatality rate and no recognized treatments or cures?
    Look on the bright side. A 70% reduction in population will result in zero unemployment, plenty of housing and elbow room, and more liberty than mankind has seen in a long time.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

World Health Organization reported that new cases could reach

10,000 a week

by December — 10 times the current rate.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/15/wo...rica.html?_r=0

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Look on the bright side. A 70% reduction in population will result in zero unemployment, plenty of housing and elbow room, and more liberty than mankind has seen in a long time.
    Only temporarily since our elected globalists would probably campaign and institute policy to repopulate the country, opening the borders more and promoting mass immigration.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    http://www.theindychannel.com/news/l...to-go-airborne

The articles say he's been studying it since 2003, but he himself said in a video that 2003 was just when his first paper was published on Ebola, that he's been studying Ebola since before 9/11.
    Look people, do you want to take your chances of getting "Ebola" or do you want to take your chances of losing your liberty (what we have left)?? Your chances of getting "Ebola" will always be low even if we have 100,000 cases in a year. Your chances of losing (what's left of) your liberty are pretty close to 100%.

Ebola is looking better and better every day...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

COME ON!

Do any of those protocols need to be updated a bit? (...just in time, 'cause it can't happen here.)

A 42-day observation period! -CHECK- (Play L4D2 or watch some DVDs: 28 Days/28 Weeks, WWZ, etc.)

Surgical Mask not enough? -CHECK- (and silly me, I used to just flip my masks inside out to use 'em for a second time).

What me Worry? No need to panic (yet).

+++

More pay for medical staff, DOUBLE UP standard surgical masks and more bandage tape for their exposed necks...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Look people, do you want to take your chances of getting "Ebola" or do you want to take your chances of losing your liberty (what we have left)?? Your chances of getting "Ebola" will always be low even if we have 100,000 cases in a year. Your chances of losing (what's left of) your liberty are pretty close to 100%.

I would rather be rational than irrational every day of the week. And twice on Sundays.

Mindless panic is just as irrational as mindless denial.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...la-safely.html
    How Hospital Workers Are
    Supposed to Treat Ebola Safely

Hands should be sanitized if they are contaminated in the glove-removal process.

I'm sorry but if I was in charge of protocol... everyone taking off protective equipment would then strip bare and bathe before re entering the community.

Considering what hospitals spend on a daily basis... http://www.amazon.com/Tychem-BR-Chem.../dp/B0032JOF70 These can be considered as dirt cheap. I'd say build some quick and dirty isolation rooms in shipping containers, then you have enough room to make a small decontamination room and the actual isolation room. Not pretty but it's mobile and a shipping container is easy to clean out. Hose it down with bleach in a high-UV room (the worker/suit). Then after it has been fully removed (carefully) soak the whole thing in more bleach and it should be ready to be re-used. Not reusing them would give a much bigger problem of a giant pile of biohazard material.

Breaking: Second Ebola patient was just on a plane a day ago!

Awaiting confirmation.

Seems to be confirmed.

So we have healthcare workers breaking Ebola quarantine. Yeah, we are so advanced in the US...
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 10-15-2014 at 09:40 AM.

Awaiting confirmation.
    Crap, here we go. While Africa has poor communication and low standards for hygiene, the West has lots of transportation and an economy that relies on it. In Africa things go wrong and people more or less continue to live their lives as normal, here the economy would probably implode.

Awaiting confirmation.

Seems to be confirmed.

So we have healthcare workers breaking Ebola quarantine. Yeah, we are so advanced in the US...
    Wait, if they were on a plane, wouldn't they have to make a return trip and thus be on two separate planes?

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Considering what hospitals spend on a daily basis... http://www.amazon.com/Tychem-BR-Chem.../dp/B0032JOF70 These can be considered as dirt cheap. I'd say build some quick and dirty isolation rooms in shipping containers, then you have enough room to make a small decontamination room and the actual isolation room. Not pretty but it's mobile and a shipping container is easy to clean out. Hose it down with bleach in a high-UV room (the worker/suit). Then after it has been fully removed (carefully) soak the whole thing in more bleach and it should be ready to be re-used. Not reusing them would give a much bigger problem of a giant pile of biohazard material.
    I was thinking about something like this myself with shipping containers. You'd still have to work out sealing it for neg-pressure and do something with all the output air.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post

why take chances on either? Knowledge helps us to be prepared. That's what we're sharing here.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Wait, if they were on a plane, wouldn't they have to make a return trip and thus be on two separate planes?
    Flew to Cleveland, then flew back.

Flew to Cleveland, then flew back.
    So that would be two separate planes, right?

If 2 fully hazmat suited healthcare workers got ebola under quarintine protocols... it's only a matter of time before pockets of ebola start popping up all over the world.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    So that would be two separate planes, right?
    Yep. Second flight would be at much greater risk.

This nurse should never have been flying at all during the "honor system" quarantine period.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    If 2 fully hazmat suited healthcare workers got ebola under quarintine protocols... it's only a matter of time before pockets of ebola start popping up all over the world.
    Well, they were never fully hazmat suited. They were just using best practices of the hospital and CDC. The same people that spread MRSA on a regular basis.

Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast