Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: First US case of Ebola

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    If the government was trying to cause an ebola outbreak, you would already have it. Don't think for a second they don't have weaponized ebola on hand. But they are not using it. What they ARE trying to do is create a controlled panic for purposes of manipulating public thought.
    One more time....I don't expect an outbreak that necessarily takes down half the population of the country. That's what you seem to imply I'm suggesting. That's not necessary to accomplish their ultimate goal.

That at doesn't mean, however, that they wouldn't welcome a few Ebola-infected people running around the country spreading the disease around to who knows where. In fact, they're not doing common sense things to prevent that from happening....leading me (and a handful of other conspiracy theorists) to think that's what they want!

Why would they want that, and why should I care?

1) because we're all going to lose more civil liberties when this happens, and (2) one of the people who become an unwilling infected pawn in their game could be me or you, or someone we love....just like the people in the 9/11 WTC buildings who died, or the anthrax letter mail carrier who became infected.
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 10-08-2014 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Shorland View Post
    Duncan's dead
    I can't believe Drudge hasn't reported it yet.

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

First person diagnosed with Ebola in U.S. dies in Texas hospital

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0HX1OK20141008

(Reuters) - The first person diagnosed with Ebola in the United States, Liberian national Thomas Eric Duncan, died on Wednesday morning at a Dallas hospital, a hospital spokesman said.

"It is with profound sadness and heartfelt disappointment that we must inform you of the death of Thomas Eric Duncan this morning at 7:51 am," hospital spokesman Wendell Watson said in an emailed statement.

RIP Mr. Duncan
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Duncan's dead
    Guess he won't have to worry about prosecution in Liberia for lying on his travel questions...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Of 7 treated here that we know of, 2 now dead.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    If they were in Africa, there would have likely been four dead.

And a couple of those that survived were recovering before they came here. The impression has been made that "modern" medical care is somehow going to overcome the fact that this is a fatal disease with no known cure, other than an individual's immune system.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    RIP Mr. Duncan
    time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    And a couple of those that survived were recovering before they came here. The impression has been made that "modern" medical care is somehow going to overcome the fact that this is a fatal disease with no known cure, other than an individual's immune system.
    Several were treated with experimental drugs or transfusions. I don't know if Duncan was or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yes, this, but certainly better palliative care than a filthy mattress and some cholera infested water does help.

Great news! Dogs, horses and pigs don't die from Ebola...only primates need to worry.

Can Dogs (And Other Animals) Get Ebola?

The Ebola virus can be found across the animal kingdom, from bats and birds to pigs and porcupines. But there is a difference between having a disease and transmitting it to another animal—or another species. That’s at the heart of a controversial move by Spanish health authorities, who have obtained a court order to euthanize the dog belonging to a nurse who contracted the Ebola virus in Madrid, saying that available scientific knowledge suggests dogs can transmit the virus to humans. But how much do we know about which animals can catch and transmit the deadly virus?

Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), said in a news conference on Tuesday that “we know in rural areas of Africa, Ebola can infect mammals. In fact, that’s how it spreads, from probably bats to animals living in the forest, people hunting the animals.” Ebola has to date been found in many bush animals, including bush pigs, rodents, porcupines and forest-dwelling antelope. Any infected carcasses could spread the virus to hunters or to anyone who eats bush meat.

Dogs

To date, there is no documented case of Ebola spreading to people from dogs or dogs to people, and only one study, carried out by the CDC, looks at whether dogs can get Ebola at all. This research into the prevalence of Ebola-virus antibodies in dogs from regions of Gabon affected by the 2001–2002 outbreak showed that “dogs can be infected by Ebola virus” but exhibit no symptoms and the infection eventually clears.

The researchers concluded that “dogs could be a potential source of human Ebola outbreaks and of virus spread during human outbreaks,” but they did not test their hypothesis that human infection could occur through licking, biting or grooming. Instead, the study assumed dogs would transmit the infection in the same way as other animals observed in experiments; those animals excreted viral particles (in saliva, urine, feces) for a short period before the virus was cleared. David Moore, an expert in infectious diseases from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, said that since no dogs showed symptoms of the Ebola virus “there is absolutely no evidence to support a role for dogs in transmission.”

The study also suggests that differences in behavior and diet of pet dogs may alter risks in Ebola transmission. Whereas most dogs in Western Europe are fed dog food, many of the dogs studied in Gabon scavenged for their food, eating small dead animals that could have exposed them to the virus.

Bats

Both the World Health Organization and recent reports have suggested that the 2014 outbreak of Ebola can be traced to fruit bats in the West Africa region. Guinea, where bat soup is a local delicacy, has reportedly banned the sale and consumption of bat meat since the start of the outbreak.

Primates

Non-human primates, like monkeys, are also suspected carriers of the disease and, as in humans, the Ebola virus can kill them. Research has shown gorillas and chimpanzees suffer massive population declines during Ebola outbreaks, with the virus killing an estimated 5,000 gorillas in Gabon and the Republic of the Congo from 2002—2003.

Birds

There is limited data about the prevalence of Ebola in birds but a 2002 study from Purdue University found that the Ebola virus closely resembles the structure of several bird viruses. This means birds may be able to spread the virus to humans. Head researcher David Sanders said “while bird transmission of Ebola is by no means certain, the resemblance among all these viruses should encourage health officials to be on guard for it.”

Pigs

Until 2009 no one knew that pigs could carry Ebola, because they show no symptoms of the disease. Three years after a case in the Philippines showed Ebola transmission between pigs and farmers, Canadian scientists found that apparently healthy pigs could pass on the most deadly strain of Ebola (the Zaire-Ebola virus) to monkeys without direct contact. In pigs, the virus mainly affects the lungs and airways, which means they can spread the virus through the air via small droplets (this does not mean Ebola is suddenly an airborne virus like SARS). However, Gary Kobinger who led the study said “we still don’t know if pigs are playing any role in the natural transmission or ecology of Ebola virus in Africa.”

Other domestic animals

Various studies carried out in the 1990s found that some animals (including guinea pigs, goats and horses) showed no or mild symptoms when infected with Ebola during experiments. The virus has never been observed in these species in the wild, but like pigs and dogs, these animals do not appear to get ill or die from Ebola.
    http://time.com/3480961/ebola-animals-transmission/

W.H.O. contradicts CDC, admits Ebola can spread via coughing, sneezing and by touching contaminated surfaces

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/047177_Eb...#ixzz3Fa1IATRP

W.H.O. contradicts CDC, admits Ebola can spread via coughing, sneezing and by touching contaminated surfaces

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/047177_Eb...#ixzz3Fa1IATRP
    That's the kind of thing that makes me angry.In this case,wearing face masks when out and about if it actually does take hold,God forbid,could make or break an epidemic.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    The stand?
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

A Washington, D.C. Ebola outbreak would be well worth the cost of admission.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Suddenly, telecommuting doesn't just look like an excuse to get paid for staying home.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    One more time....I don't expect an outbreak that necessarily takes down half the population of the country. That's what you seem to imply I'm suggesting. .
    I'm not implying anything. You SAID the government is trying hard to cause an ebola outbreak. I responded to what you said.

The one thing that is necessary for the government to use this as an opportunity for another round of tightening the choke hold is FEAR. I am trying to counteract fear.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Ebola scare in Texas: Frisco patient to be transported

FRISCO — Crews are preparing to transport a patient exhibiting "signs and symptoms of Ebola" from a Frisco CareNow.

The CareNow is located in the 300 block of Main Street. Patients are currently being held inside the clinic as crews at the scene examine staff and others inside the building.

"The patient claims to have had contact with the Dallas 'patient zero,'" according to a statement from Dana Baird-Hanks, a spokeswoman with the city of Frisco.

Police and fire units have surrounded the facility, taped off a gray SUV and isolated other patients at the facility.

Outside the building, people in hazardous material suits readied an ambulance for transport of the patient.

Officials say a conference will be held at 3:30 p.m.
    http://www.11alive.com/story/news/na...pect/16924603/

I'm not implying anything. You SAID the government is trying hard to cause an ebola outbreak. I responded to what you said.

The one thing that is necessary for the government to use this as an opportunity for another round of tightening the choke hold is FEAR. I am trying to counteract fear.
    That's nice, but unfortunately, until we know the extent of possible lies and misinformation, there's a lot to be frightened about.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    That's nice, but unfortunately, until we know the extent of possible lies and misinformation, there's a lot to be frightened about.
    We will never know the extent of lies and misinformation about anything. Better get used to it. Fear will ruin your life.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

Ebola scare

2:53 p.m. CDT October 8, 2014

"The patient claims to have had contact with the Dallas 'patient zero,'"

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/healt...pect/16922477/

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Duncan's dead
    He died w/ $500,000 tab

$1,000 an Hour

The care provided Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan may have cost as much as half a million dollars, a bill Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is unlikely to ever collect.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...0-an-hour.html

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Fear will ruin your life.

And Ebola will kill you. Or anyone in your family with a compromised immune system or anyone who doesn't get diagnosed properly and in time. It's not chicken pox. Regardless of the Fearmongering..it doesn't change what Ebola is.

Fact sheet

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs103/en/
    Last edited by Carlybee; 10-08-2014 at 02:15 PM.

Might I suggest:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plague mask.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	3194

Might I suggest:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plague mask.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	3194

Might I suggest you resign as the Anti propaganda bureau and allow a discussion on this topic given that the disease is on our soil now?

And Ebola will kill you. Or anyone in your family with a compromised immune system or anyone who doesn't get diagnosed properly and in time. It's not chicken pox. Regardless of the Fearmongering..it doesn't change what Ebola is.
    Ebola is a serious disease that has yet to claim a single victim who caught it in the USA (although that may change soon). Hepatitis is also a serious disease, has a similar level of contagiousness to ebola, and has killed many people in the USA. Do you worry about it? I don't. HIV is also a serious disease, has a level of contagiousness similar to ebola, and has killed many people in the USA. Do you worry about it? I don't.

I will know an epidemic when I see one. Until then, fear is not just useless, it is counter-productive. In fact, chronic stress associated with fear impairs your immune system.

Ebola is a serious disease that has yet to claim a single victim who caught it in the USA (although that may change soon). Hepatitis is also a serious disease, has a similar level of contagiousness to ebola, and has killed many people in the USA. Do you worry about it? I don't. HIV is also a serious disease, has a level of contagiousness similar to ebola, and has killed many people in the USA. Do you worry about it? I don't.

I will know an epidemic when I see one. Until then, fear is not just useless, it is counter-productive. In fact, chronic stress associated with fear impairs your immune system.

Getting hit by a bus hurts too. It's not your job to dictate what's counter productive or to tell people how they should feel about the topic. The incubation period for HIV from exposure to death is not comparable. Nor is it a hemorrhagic fever. HIV is manageable. Hepatitis is manageable. You are comparing diseases that may take years to be fatal to one that takes weeks.
    Last edited by Carlybee; 10-08-2014 at 02:24 PM.

Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast