Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: First US case of Ebola

I feel like I am living in an episode of the Twilight Zone

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seriously,,
    Who did not see this coming?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Seriously,,
    Who did not see this coming?
    Yup, as soon as they brought that first guy to Atlanta. Seems like someone almost wanted, invited it to happen. Now, follow the money as the story unfolds, and see who benefits.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    By whom how?
    The Federal government, this is one of the few legitimate powers they have.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Political correctness has stopped any ideas of quarantine. We'll see what that will bring.
    Political correctness? I'm aware of political correctness when it comes to religion, sex, politics, gender/orientation/race, but I've never heard of political correctness when it comes to quarantining sick individuals.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Political correctness? I'm aware of political correctness when it comes to religion, sex, politics, gender/orientation/race, but I've never heard of political correctness when it comes to quarantining sick individuals.
    You are a mean, terrible person if you in any way suggest that a person should not be able to come into the US after exposure to Ebola. You are twice as mean if that person is a non-citizen (the CDC doctor today refused to answer a question about the citizenship of the Ebola patient). You are triple mean if that person is coming from an impoverished nation. You are quadruple mean (and a racist) if that nation has a majority of people who are ordained as a minority in the United States.

Now if that person were coming from, say, Russia or Iran, then a quarantine on that entire nation would be in order, along with sanctions and a possible dropping of fire bombs for sterilization and decontamination.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES TO THE RESCUE!!!!

Next we will see a vaccine being recommended by the CDC for all school aged children as a preventative approach to a disease that has no real need for such drastic measures. Endorsed by our government in the interest of the lobbyists who are hell bent on pushing their unneeded drugs on the consumer.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I feel like I am living in an episode of the Twilight Zone
    Whatever do you mean?.... lol.

I remember you saying this would occur (you might have even used Dallas as an example[?]) but regardless, slippery slope is slippery.

ETA: FFS, me too.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 10-01-2014 at 12:56 AM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutional Paulicy View Post

Next we will see a vaccine being recommended by the CDC for all school aged children as a preventative approach to a disease that has no real need for such drastic measures. Endorsed by our government in the interest of the lobbyists who are hell bent on pushing their unneeded drugs on the consumer.
    Don't want an Ebola vaccine,don't get an Ebola vaccine
    If somebody comes up with a successful Ebola vaccine,I will stand in line to get one.
    And I won't stand in line for free beer.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

wake me when somebody has actually caught it outside of west Africa

dont believe the hype
    Last edited by jkob; 10-01-2014 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    Don't want an Ebola vaccine,don't get an Ebola vaccine
    If somebody comes up with a successful Ebola vaccine,I will stand in line to get one.
    And I won't stand in line for free beer.
    The danger of this disease becoming wide spread is being over hyped. Rushing a vaccine to market has the potential to be very harmful. If there were people in contact with victims of the disease then of course. However, the pharmaceutical companies don't invest millions of dollars into development of a vaccine for it to only be administered to hundreds or thousand, but on the scale of hundreds of thousands if not millions. Otherwise they see no profit from their efforts. I wouldn't be surprised if they dont dedicate enough expenditures to the development until they deem it financially beneficial and have the support of the government behind widespread distribution to those who have no risk of contracting the disease.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

Rushing a vaccine to market has the potential to be very harmful.
    How so?I am talking about a successful vaccine here.The sooner the better.
    If there were people in contact with victims of the disease then of course
    I would pay $100 dollars tomorrow for a successful vaccine which would inoculate me from people who met people who flew on the same airline or ate in the same restaurant or stayed in the same hotel or rode the same bus as people who were in any kind of close contact with victims of this disease.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Personally I'd recommend a 24 day quarantine on entry, only for persons who have been inside the plague zone in the last month. It would seem that it takes 21 days for symptoms to manifest, so this would bullet-proof guarantee that it never made to the wild in the US. Just add the disclosure to flights/boats and such into the US, that if they have been inside an Ebola zone in the last month, then they will be quarantined for 24 days on entry.
    28 days. 28 days later I think is how the movie went.

But seriously, I do think it's laughable that in the ER I work in, we have a personal protection kit for Ebola. A kit. As in, one. 'Guess it's gonna be a mad dash for the kit if someone comes in with the symptoms while the rest of us are just, well, screwed, to put it politely.

This gonna be me when the outbreak gets bad:

Last edited by nobody's_hero; 10-01-2014 at 01:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

It's happened with mercury in flu formulas in the past. And many vaccines have not seen long term clinical trials to know the full outcome of the effect. I happen to believe that we are highly complicated biological creatures who can easily be negatively effected by environmental contaminants as well as well intended drugs. It's much to difficult for "modern" science to detect the adverse effects of such things. Neurological disorders are often chalked up to all sorts of guesswork. How much more intelligent might we have been if you could remove all the contaminants we have been exposed to in your lifetime. When you think of it that way you have to way the risk with the side effects.

I would pay $100 dollars tomorrow for a successful vaccine which would inoculate me from people who met people who flew on the same airline or ate in the same restaurant or stayed in the same hotel or rode the same bus as people who were in any kind of close contact with victims of this disease.
    And you would be wise to in this circumstance. My wife works as a nurse for the CDC here in our city in Taiwan. She monitored potential SARS patients who merely had flu like symptoms. Anyone with a flu was quarantined to their homes. Yet there was never a vaccine nor was it as contagious as billed. The Ebola virus is spread in the same way as SARS. Through bodily fluids.

When the H1N1 and bird flu scares were in full force, the H1N1 vaccine was being administered through my wife's office and many of the doctors and nurses opted out of having their children receive inoculations at the local schools because they believed it to be an over reaction as did me and my wife. So our daughter never received the injection.

I teach at a medial university where my wife graduated from and many realize the money making aspects of the pharmaceutical industry when it came to H1N1.
    - Josef Stalin

I happen to believe that we are highly complicated biological creatures who can easily be negatively effected by environmental contaminants as well as well intended drugs.
    And I happen to believe that we are highly complicated biological creatures who can easily be negatively effected by the Ebola virus.
    I will take my chances with the mercury.

Welp, I gotta admit this:

The idea of a pandemic outbreak of a disease that holds the high probability of death by bleeding out through your $#@! and eyeballs as your internal organs turn to mush, would probably have me standing in line for a vaccine as well.

Which is, if there are any nefarious actors in this unfolding drama outside of naturally occurring disease vectors, just what Theye want.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Welp, I gotta admit this:

The idea of a pandemic outbreak of a disease that holds the high probability of death by bleeding out through your $#@! and eyeballs as your internal organs turn to mush, would probably have me standing in line for a vaccine as well.
    Wut?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Just a thought, but maybe this was the doing of ISIS??
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post

hey, fractional reserve lending... of course the people are stuck with the loans/debt, Big Pharma is stuck with the profits, and Big Government is stuck with the campaign contributions/lobbying. Whata racket.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutional Paulicy View Post

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Droplet spread.

think about it this way: Technically there is a difference. Airborne is your sick and breathe out. viri in your lungs floats around, gets sucked up into a ventilation duct and some pour sucker 4 doors downs gets sick. droplet is more like it had the dispersal characteristics of a spit wad shooter. if flies and lands somewhere. if that's someones eye or they touch where it landed and their hand ends up at their mouth, they get sick.

-t
    The Glorious Leader assures me that there are no body fluids being spread here.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Moral hazards make a disease far worse than it needs to be (public fear panic / ignorance, power mad "authorities", greed / profit motive, medical / media BS errors such as antibiotics or un-proven long term effects of anti-viral or vaccinations).

If this was a insane population reduction scheme, they'd be keeping entire flights of passengers huddled close together in the hallways of the airports for 20 days whenever a single arriving passenger was suspected of being infected. After removing the obviously sick person after a week of horrid living conditions at the airport, they'd let all the other passengers scurry home or to their connecting flights so they could spread the infection geometrically.

Possible second case being reported in Dallas...family member of the infected man. Not confirmed...just read some radio station announced it.
    Last edited by Carlybee; 10-01-2014 at 07:03 AM.

Possible second case being reported in Dallas...family member of the infected man. Not confirmed...just read some radio station announced it.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-1...second-us-case

Thanks. I'm sure they will be checking anyone they know he was in contact with.

Thanks. I'm sure they will be checking anyone they know he was in contact with.
    right...like all the people on the plane, the airport personnel, the people stateside, the people who first saw him and then discharged him with a perscription for anitbiotics, the people who were in line with him waiting to fill the perscription, all the door knobs he touched, etc., etc.

it doesn't have to be airborne to be a serious threat. the BS with which our dear leaders are responding to this makes you almost think it's intentional.

http://www.thestar.com/life/health_w...in_europe.html
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?s...id=newsarchive

The contamination incident, which is being investigated by the four European countries, came to light when the subcontractor in the Czech Republic inoculated ferrets with the product and they died. Ferrets shouldn't die from exposure to human H3N2 flu viruses.

Public health authorities concerned about what has been described as a "serious error" on Baxter's part have assumed the death of the ferrets meant the H5N1 virus in the product was live. But the company, Baxter International Inc., has been parsimonious about the amount of information it has released about the event.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/baxter-admits-...#ixzz3Eu2gonXw
    Be careful who you trust.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I hate to rain on a good panic parade, but, contrary to the thread title, this is NOT the first US case of ebola. This is just another case of someone contracting ebola in Africa. It may lead to the first US case of ebola, but this ain't it.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    wake me up when its announced members of Congress are ill with Ebola.....

till then, continue with the D3 vitamin, and 3 shots of tequila every 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Yes. Definitely.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast