Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: First US case of Ebola

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yes, I have.
    You flew 10 days ago? You think you should go get tested just to rule it out? I boost my immune system and rarely get sick, last time was almost 2 years ago (with exception of allergy stuff). But, if you've been doing that and are still really sick, then go get checked, AF.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    APNewsBreak: Official being monitored for Ebola
    http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...onitored-ebola

Dallas County's top public health epidemiologist confirmed Thursday that she spent time at Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan's beside and that she is among those potentially exposed to the virus.

Dr. Wendy Chung has remained on the front lines of the government's response to the outbreak since Duncan's diagnosis, working alongside federal, state and local health authorities as she undergoes monitoring for any signs of the potentially deadly disease.

"Yes, I have been alongside other physicians and nurses in addressing this patient," said Chung in an email. "I am under the same monitoring protocols which are currently recommended for my clinical colleagues who are in the same exposure category as mine."

Some of the health care workers being monitored are being furloughed, but others have continued to work, depending on the level of their exposure. None are allowed to use public transit.

Until now, public statements have indicated that the only people potentially exposed were Presbyterian hospital workers, nurses and doctors, not public health officials.
    (cont)

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    I used to use Zicam at the start of a cold. I used the medicated Qtips that you swab your nose with. Can't find them anymore.
    I use the chewable things..I've seen it in nose drops. Stuff always helps me..you're right though it needs to be taken in the beginning stages.

I just love how there are two schools of thoughts here...

OMFG we gonna die!

No big deal. Overreacting.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post

OMFG we gonna die!

I'd rather err on the side of caution but I sure don't want martial law.

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    APNewsBreak: Official being monitored for Ebola
    http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...onitored-ebola

Dallas County's top public health epidemiologist confirmed Thursday that she spent time at Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan's beside and that she is among those potentially exposed to the virus.

Dr. Wendy Chung has remained on the front lines of the government's response to the outbreak since Duncan's diagnosis, working alongside federal, state and local health authorities as she undergoes monitoring for any signs of the potentially deadly disease.

"Yes, I have been alongside other physicians and nurses in addressing this patient," said Chung in an email. "I am under the same monitoring protocols which are currently recommended for my clinical colleagues who are in the same exposure category as mine."

Some of the health care workers being monitored are being furloughed, but others have continued to work, depending on the level of their exposure. None are allowed to use public transit.

Until now, public statements have indicated that the only people potentially exposed were Presbyterian hospital workers, nurses and doctors, not public health officials.
    (cont)
    Could be a case of Darwin's revenge, soon...
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

OMFG we gonna die!

My goofy sister emails or texts me 10 times a day about this $#@!. The only response I've sent, and I've sent it at least 4 times already is, "turn off your TV".

'Mystery Man' At Ebola Transfer Identified as Protocol Officer

The mystery has been solved concerning the identity of a man wearing street clothes, and not a hazmat suit, while Dallas Ebola patient Amber Vinson was being boarded onto an airplane headed for the Emory University Hospital in Atlanta Wednesday.

The man, wearing slacks, a button-down shirt and sunglasses on the airport tarmac and holding a yellow envelope is a team medical safety coordinator for Phoenix Air, which transported Vinson, reports NBC News.

"His role is to oversee the process of transport including on the tarmac," said Randy Davis, a vice-president for medical transport service Phoenix Air, declining to give the man's name. "Part of our protocol is to have one person not in a bio-hazard suit."
    What do they do,cut cards?
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You flew 10 days ago? You think you should go get tested just to rule it out? I boost my immune system and rarely get sick, last time was almost 2 years ago (with exception of allergy stuff). But, if you've been doing that and are still really sick, then go get checked, AF.
    Tested for what?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post
    It's not, though. It's not a matter of semantics at all. Airborne and "droplet-borne" are entirely different things.
    Yes, I realize that there is a technical difference. Please reread the part of my post in which I clearly state that I don't give a damn. Honestly, I think it's poor judgment to not refer to Ebola as "airborne" in a non-scientific setting since most people (potential victims) aren't going to differentiate between viruses that are truly airborne or that are spread through aerosols (through the air...sometimes). Therefore, to reinforce that it isn't airborne may give people some problematic misconceptions about how the virus is spread, which is why some people have tried to downplay it like it's the next AIDS, when it clearly is not. The best English is that which is best understood by the target audience.
    Last edited by Philhelm; 10-16-2014 at 04:18 PM.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

It's not helping my mood that I flew ten ago and now am sick as hell...(with a common cold...?)
    Have ebola chicken noodle soup and man up.
    Last edited by Philhelm; 10-16-2014 at 04:35 PM.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Hrmmm, all this takes is one ebola infested drug addict prostitute, and it could wipe out half of our elected officials in an area.

Actually, Seriously (now actually thought about), I bet it would spread rapidly if a drug addict prostitute got it, the drugs would probably keep her going well into the contagious period, and obviously sex, would lead to a very high transmission rate, and well drug addict prostitutes tend to have a lot of customers. 1 drug addict prostitute=100 cases?

Anyway, just thinking of ways this could go exponential.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Tested for what?
    Ebola. He's apparently worried about it. If I were worried, I'd go get tested to rule it out.

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    Hrmmm, all this takes is one ebola infested drug addict prostitute, and it could wipe out half of our elected officials in an area.

Actually, Seriously (now actually thought about), I bet it would spread rapidly if a drug addict prostitute got it, the drugs would probably keep her going well into the contagious period, and obviously sex, would lead to a very high transmission rate, and well drug addict prostitutes tend to have a lot of customers. 1 drug addict prostitute=100 cases?

Anyway, just thinking of ways this could go exponential.
    An infected patient running around a large hospital would probably be just as effective.
    -Stannis Baratheon

OMFG we gonna die!

I think some people like to condemn those who have justifiable concern as "overreacting". I personally am a realist. Not a pessimist, not an optimist - but a realist.
    We don't need to sugar coat. We don't need to fear monger. We just need to get friggin real about it.
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    An infected patient running around a large hospital would probably be just as effective.
    Or throwing up on a plane....

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ebola. He's apparently worried about it. If I were worried, I'd go get tested to rule it out.
    No, not really worried, it's just a head cold, no fever, I just feel lousy.

But you can't help but have it in the back of your mind...

on C-SPAN NOW - us mil response in western Africa

No, not really worried, it's just a head cold, no fever, I just feel lousy.

But you can't help but have it in the back of your mind...
    I'm just teasing you AF. Get well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    on C-SPAN NOW - us mil response in western Africa
    Napalm? Flamethrowers?
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I'm just teasing you AF. Get well soon.

Ecola: a mutated version of E. coli in which the victim hemorrhages diarrhea rather than blood.
    -Stannis Baratheon

Get Dan and Johnny to put AF on the sled and drop him off out in the woods.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Or throwing up on a plane....
    TSA will be the first to catch it...

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Ecola: a mutated version of E. coli in which the victim hemorrhages diarrhea rather than blood.
    My Dad had a 10 day hospital stay and almost died from ecoli back during the scare with Jack in the Box, in the 90s. Almost lost him.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, no need for that unless he was sitting next to that nurse that was flying around with Ebola. They wouldn't do the test for no reason.

Enterovirus D-68 (EV-D68) is more of a concern. But he says he has a cold, so no worries there.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Yeah, no need for that unless he was sitting next to that nurse that was flying around with Ebola. They wouldn't do the test for no reason.

Enterovirus D-68 (EV-D68) is more of a concern. But he says he has a cold, so no worries there.
    I've had no contact with anybody even close to having been to West Africa.

If it was ebola, and it jumped that easily from person to person in an airplane, we're all dead men walking then.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

I agree that the Enterovirus is a bigger concern. I mentioned that very thing somewhere in here. I have 5 grandkids with 3 on the way, so it's on my mind since it's hitting children and killing some, while paralyzing others.

I thought it was mostly kids getting enterovirus

I've had no contact with anybody even close to having been to West Africa.

If it was ebola, and it jumped that easily from person to person in an airplane, we're all dead men walking then.

If it was Ebola you would be bleeding out by now

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    If it was Ebola you would be bleeding out by now
    After 10 days since he was on a plane??

Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast