Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: First US case of Ebola

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Dog and pony show?
    Liar and scumbag politician show.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It appears that they came up with their official excuse for allowing the second nurse to fly. They are claiming that protocol states that Ebola healthcare providers are under no travel restrictions if they wear "appropriate personal protective equipment". These guys are shameless in their CYA.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

that worked sooo well for the 260+ PPE clad healthcare workers that died in africa....

Our CDC director doesn't know too much, eh?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Our CDC director doesn't know too much, eh?
    Me thinks he will be the fall guy. They try to make government officials look like imbeciles. It is doing exactly what they want it to do, I afraid. A Medical Tyranny knocks on our door.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Didn't the CDC get guns or something a while back and everyone was wondering why the CDC needed guns? Or am I dreaming?
    Pretty much every government agency now has military grade equipment for their own private SWAT teams.

I think it was ridiculous amounts of ammunition purchases for Homeland Security...but I wouldn't swear to it.
    Yes, they practically attempted to corner the market and purchase all the ammo being produced.

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    that worked sooo well for the 260+ PPE clad healthcare workers that died in africa....
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    Waxman closes with, "...With these irrational budget cuts"
    Waxman is scum of the worst order. A liar and a charlatan.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Vote Dem or Ebola will eat you
    Maybe they hope they can have martial law and stop people from voting entirely.

EPA and DoT regulations F things again! whoo hooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Waxman is scum of the worst order. A liar and a charlatan.
    And scary looking.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Odds are that wouldn't be Ebola. There are hundreds of reasons someone might throw up on the plane. The airlines do need to have better policies on how to contain contagious and vomiting persons on their airlines. No one should be forced to sit next to a vomiting passenger whether they are contagious or not.
    If you take into account the details of what transpired, it's clear this wasn't just a case of air sickness or your typical flu. The guy was a foreigner "of African decent", couldn't speak English, sweating profusely, and so warm that the passenger next to him could "almost"(whatever that means) feel heat radiating from him. AND, he was uncooperative. Which we're gonna see a lot more of, in the coming weeks. Especially if they ban flights from that region of Africa. Desperate people are already trying to get here. They're gonna take ibuprofen, commute to another country first, then fly in - all while trying to mask their symptoms.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Me thinks he will be the fall guy. They try to make government officials look like imbeciles. It is doing exactly what they want it to do, I afraid. A Medical Tyranny knocks on our door.
    The fact that you think these people are pretending to be imbeciles suggests to me you've not had substantial dealings with federal bureaucrats.

Trust me, it's not an act.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

And scary looking.

Ewww, every time I see his face, I think of the pigs in Animal Farm. "Some animals are more equal than others."

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

Well, they certainly don't want a crisis to go to waste, now do they? Where IS Rahm Emanuel when you need him?

Much like Flu, Airborne Ebola transmissions need Winter type conditions to maximize Aerosol infection

Read more at http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/09/us...KjR2S9b5tKO.99
    There is not much that can be done about this, but it is a concern. When Ebola moves to a cold, dry environment, there is the possibility that it will become far more contagious. Flip a coin.

The only thing that can be done is travel restrictions from hot-zones to prevent Ebola from migrating (any more).

a little comic relief...

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    The fact that you think these people are pretending to be imbeciles suggests to me you've not had substantial dealings with federal bureaucrats.

Trust me, it's not an act.

Yes, low level minions that are compartmentalized and clueless. But the heads of agencies, especially the CDC--this is an act. Anyone with a lick of common sense could figure out stopping flights from countries that have these outbreaks and securing our boards would stop any further spread of disease.

A friend of mine lives in England and this is the hoops they have to go through to get a visa:

Look What You HAVE to go for a GREEN CARD
    Form I-693
    http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/f...form/i-693.pdf

Tests for Tuberculosis, Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, Leprosy, etc ...
    Oh and VACCINATION RECORDS !!! Your records must be up-to-date.

H/T: EG

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    If you take into account the details of what transpired, it's clear this wasn't just a case of air sickness or your typical flu. The guy was a foreigner "of African decent", couldn't speak English, sweating profusely, and so warm that the passenger next to him could "almost"(whatever that means) feel heat radiating from him. AND, he was uncooperative.
    That would add concern. But that story is unconfirmed at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Which we're gonna see a lot more of, in the coming weeks. Especially if they ban flights from that region of Africa. Desperate people are already trying to get here. They're gonna take ibuprofen, commute to another country first, then fly in - all while trying to mask their symptoms.
    Yep, fever checks are not foolproof, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Remember Duncans apartment? They pulled 5 barrels of stuff out of there and are sending it to be buried at a toxic waste dump in another state.
    The hospital he was treated in has a pile of infected PPE that they can't get rid of. Why? regulations!
    Yeah, what a crock all of that is. Get a steel barrel and some gasoline. Burn on site. Problem solved.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That would add concern. But that story is unconfirmed at this point.

Yep, fever checks are not foolproof, at all.
    The only way to confirm that story is to demand to know what happened to that passenger, and find out if that plane was ever cleaned properly, and apparently, Delta is not forthcoming with the information. So you have to ask yourself, why are they being tight lipped about it?

'This is not a situation like the flu where the risks of a rapid spread of the disease are imminent.' - Obama

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3GKe8hjyk

aerosol transmission is thought to be possible and may occur in conditions of lower temperature and humidity which may not have been factors in outbreaks in warmer climates [13]. At the very least, the potential exists for aerosol transmission, given that virus is detected in bodily secretions, the pulmonary alveolar interstitial cells, and within lung spaces [14].

[]

Filoviruses cause severe hemorrhagic fever in humans and non-human primates (NHP),
    causing epidemics at times involving hundreds of people. Filoviruses, which are classified as Category
    A Bioterrorism Agents by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Atlanta, GA), have stability
    in aerosol form comparable to other lipid containing viruses
    such as influenza A

Viruses 2012, 4, 2115-2136; doi:10.3390/v4102115
    ISSN 1999-4915
    www.mdpi.com/journal/viruses

The potential of aerogenic infection by Ebola virus was established by using a head-only exposure aerosol system. Virus-containing droplets of 0.8-1.2 microns were generated and administered into the respiratory tract of rhesus monkeys via inhalation. Inhalation of viral doses as low as 400 plaque-forming units of virus caused a rapidly fatal disease in 4-5 days.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1997182/

In summary, the pathogenesis we propose for aerosol EBOV infection in rhesus, based on the results of the current study, is as follows: initial infection occurs in the respiratory lymphoid tissues
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1997182/

Last edited by presence; 10-16-2014 at 01:28 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    'This is not a situation like the flu where the risks of a rapid spread of the disease are imminent.' - Obama
    None of that contradicts what Obama stated. Ebola isn't airborne.

pretty good hour 2 and 3.

C-SPAN is going to re-broadcast in a few minutes and again at 9pm EST tonight.

-t

Rand Paul: Ebola is "not like AIDS"
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/16/politi...ids/index.html

"[The Obama administration] has downplayed how transmissible it is," Paul said in an interview with CNN on Thursday morning. "They say it's the exchange of bodily of fluids. Which makes people think, 'Oh, it's like AIDS. It's very difficult to catch.'"

"If someone has Ebola at a cocktail party they're contagious and you can catch it from them," Paul continued. "[The administration] should be honest about that."

"They say all it takes is direct contact to get this," he said. "If you listen carefully, they say being three feet from someone is direct contact. That's not what most Americans think is direct contact.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post
    None of that contradicts what Obama stated. Ebola isn't airborne.
    It may not be airborne, yet, but - for a disease to be spread through sweat and body fluids displaced through sneezes and coughs - that's enough to cause serious concern. Given the mortality rate, the level of contagion, methods of transmission, and how long the virus can live on hard surfaces, I don't think anyone can be considered overreacting!
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post
    Ebola isn't airborne.
    It is when infected people fly.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The CDC is understating the threat of Ebola because of trade and travel concerns. Well, to put it bluntly, if they don't start implementing some common sense precautions there is going to be no economy whatsoever. So they have a choice. A damaged economy or no economy in the long run.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Annie View Post
    It may not be airborne, yet, but - for a disease to be spread through sweat and body fluids displaced through sneezes and coughs - that's enough to cause serious concern. Given the mortality rate, the level of contagion, methods of transmission, and how long the virus can live on hard surfaces, I don't think anyone can be considered overreacting!
    Ebola's transmission methods are much worse than the authorities have let on. See this.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-h...-ebola-2014-10

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Maybe they hope they can have martial law and stop people from voting entirely.

I wouldn't put it past them. Is this the October surprise?

Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast