Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: First US case of Ebola

The UK is offering to provide 700 new beds but these won't be ready for weeks.Concrete Canvas can provide the buildings,however: http://www.concretecanvas.com/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    I think the guy in the Vice Video (video journalist) is the same guy that worked with NBC that contracted Ebola and is being flown to US for treatment.

https://news.vice.com/article/he-wan...sed-with-ebola
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    This says he has NOT been cleared as ebola-free, according to port authority.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...oms-Ebola.html

We better pray he doesn't have it. 260 people on that plane.
    He was cleared at the hospital, which is when they allowed the passengers on board the flight to leave; that is what has been communicated to me, at least.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    He was cleared at the hospital, which is when they allowed the passengers on board the flight to leave; that is what has been communicated to me, at least.
    That's what I read.

United issued this statement: "Upon arrival at Newark Airport from Brussels, medical professionals instructed that customers and crew of United flight 998 remain on board until they could assist an ill customer. We are working with authorities and will accommodate our customers as quickly as we can."

Friends and relatives of the passengers told Fox 5 News that the passengers were taken off of the plane and taken to an isolated area at the airport.

Passengers complained of disorganization and chaos when they were put into isolation for four hours. They say they were given notices about possible exposure to Ebola but told not to worry because the passenger had tested negative to the illness.
    http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/26...newark-airport
    And the inmate in Ga tested negative too.

Two tests confirm Cobb inmate does not have Ebola

The Cobb County Sheriff's Office tells the public how they dealt with an Ebola virus scare within the jail's walls.

A state lab test and a CDC lab test both confirmed that Harry Randall Withers does not have the Ebola virus.
    http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/26...il-ebola-scare

Just thinking "out loud" here but I'm starting to wonder if this Ebola stuff is basically the same as 'ISIS'. An excuse to instill fear in order to provide a cover story for more military intervention overseas. Thousands of troops and nearly a billion dollars already promised to help "combat" ISIS....errrr Ebola.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Sending the Army to go fight ebola....
    Last edited by GunnyFreedom; 10-05-2014 at 12:51 AM.

When the UK says it is providing 700 beds but it will take weeks,I assume they mean the physical beds.If you have Ebola and are situated with other victims,what difference does it make if you lay on a blanket on the floor? What is the requirement for a bed? If there is some efficacy for treatment provided by raising the patient off the floor,why not hammocks?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Shorland View Post
    3,000? have died and with a 90% mortality rate in Africa,there are 300 or so survivors? Pay them 5x (or 50x) the average wage to distribute food,bedding and to burn waste for those who quarantine at home?
    Your mortality rate is way high. Anyway, I was thinking of something very similar. People go out so they can earn money so they can eat, though also for school, socialization, etc. The average pay in Liberia is $2 a day, however, in the slums where the biggest problem is, it's 2 cents a day. so lets say 3 cents a day pay (with no expenses) and 3 cents a day food. That means you could pay a person to stay home for a month and feed them for $2 a person - for the whole month! The worst hit slum in Liberia is West Point with a population of 75,000 so it would cost $150,000 to hire the entire slum to stay home for a month. Lets hire them! Even paying them $2 a day would be cheap, considering the current budget to deal with this is 1.3 Billion and it has a 14 month predicted run. Yes, hire the survivors to deliver food boxes once or twice a week and donate blood regularly as that's the most effective medicine (anti-bodies) we have right now. That's what ZMAPP is, except ZMAPP isn't going to be available till Mid-December.

More expensive, but also more effective would be buying a ton of OLPC laptops ($100-200ea) and adding a temperature sensor. That opens up distance learning so the kids could go to school. It opens up reporting and response the day anyone gets a fever. It forms a MeSH net so would be like putting a VoIP video phone in every house (lets say 7.5 people per household to make the math easy) and tied into a internet pipe opens up telemedicine with medical volunteers located anywhere in the world. It also opens up entertainment cuz staying in for a month is going to get boring quick (though it's only a 7" screen)

thoughts?

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 10-05-2014 at 06:20 AM.

When the UK says it is providing 700 beds but it will take weeks,I assume they mean the physical beds.If you have Ebola and are situated with other victims,what difference does it make if you lay on a blanket on the floor? What is the requirement for a bed? If there is some efficacy for treatment provided by raising the patient off the floor,why not hammocks?
    I'm assuming it creates separation - as I'd imagine some of these patients would be "assumed to have" ebola and in the testing phase for it, and they'd be around those who already have confirmed ebola. If someone is just laying on a blanket on the floor, next to another person who's on another blanket on the floor with the more advanced state of disease, soiled linens (from sweat, diarrhea, blood) can come in contact with open wounds, the eyes, nose, mouth, etc and transfer.

Medical beds can quickly (but thoroughly) wiped with bleach.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Ebola hates us for our freedoms.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    I'm assuming it creates separation - as I'd imagine some of these patients would be "assumed to have" ebola and in the testing phase for it, and they'd be around those who already have confirmed ebola. If someone is just laying on a blanket on the floor, next to another person who's on another blanket on the floor with the more advanced state of disease, soiled linens (from sweat, diarrhea, blood) can come in contact with open wounds, the eyes, nose, mouth, etc and transfer.

Medical beds can quickly (but thoroughly) wiped with bleach.
    You know those inflatable swimming pool things... kinda bunk bed sized but smaller... It's fall and Walmart, CVS, etc is going to be ditching them at cost just to free up shelf space.. easily sterilized.. Now bleach... Have you priced HTH recently - OUCH!

-t

If someone is just laying on a blanket on the floor, next to another person who's on another blanket on the floor with the more advanced state of disease
    Separate pt's symptomatically? or by time in ward? They are not doing this in a fine grain way. Better isolation via plastic sheets on frames?

-t

There will be a CDC briefing about Ebola on C-SPAN at noon EST today.

-t

I assume they mean the physical beds.If you have Ebola and are situated with other victims,what difference does it make if you lay on a blanket on the floor? What is the requirement for a bed?
    "Bed" in this sense does not just mean a place to sleep off the ground; its an isolated room with basic triage and sanitation provisions.

Kind of like when you stay at a "bed and breakfast"... you get a toilet and shower too.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    There will be a CDC briefing about Ebola on C-SPAN at noon EST today.-t
    Only this Administration could send out someone to relate this information and not have the fecal matter hit the fan.

Texas Ebola patient not receiving experimental medication

So the black guy doesn't get the medicine because it could possibly make his Ebola worse but the white medical professionals get it because they had nothing to lose?

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dude, if we got so many sick we are stacking them on the floor, then it's time to head to Colorado with Mother Abagail.

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-16-2016 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Last night over dinner the wife told me she thought she was coming down with a cold. Fearing ebola, I slipped a couple Xanax into her wine. After she passed out I dragged her downstairs and chained her to the support beam. I gave her an air mattress, 3 weeks of rations and 2 buckets. She's been down their screaming something all morning -- I can't make it out though but probably death cries, so I guess I assumed right and she's got ebola. Sucks to have to quarantine her like that; but gotta save the rest of the family, ya know?
    I think I saw the group of men who gave it to her, if you are interested...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I think I saw the group of men who gave it to her, if you are interested...
    First things first, I saw the cat barfing this morning... Can cats get ebola? Maybe I should toss it down the stairs and shut the door as well.

Obama’s “War on Ebola” or War for Oil? Sending 3000 Troops to African “Ebola” Areas that Happen to Export Oil to China
    http://www.wendymcelroy.com/news.php?extend.6119

What an amazing coincidence.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Obama’s “War on Ebola” or War for Oil? Sending 3000 Troops to African “Ebola” Areas that Happen to Export Oil to China
    http://www.wendymcelroy.com/news.php?extend.6119

What an amazing coincidence.
    How convenient...

walk those suspected of exposure to Ebola into the nearest natural active volcano autoclave for at least 30 minutes.

My brother is in the 101st, spoke with him yesterday he's saying around 1k troops from Campbell are headed to Africa at the end of the month, that includes members of his unit. This is in addition to 3k troops from other installations around the country that are heading out to Africa as well, there is a good chance these numbers will increase.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dude, if we got so many sick we are stacking them on the floor, then it's time to head to Colorado with Mother Abagail.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Sierra Leone records 121 Ebola deaths in a single day

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0HU0ZT20141005

5 October 2014

(Reuters) - Sierra Leone recorded 121 deaths from Ebola and scores of new infections in one of the single deadliest days since the disease appeared in the West African country more than four months ago, government health statistics showed on Sunday.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-05-2014 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

(Reuters) - Sierra Leone recorded 121 deaths from Ebola and scores of new infections in one of the single deadliest days since the disease appeared in the West African country more than four months ago, government health statistics showed on Sunday.
    Time to stop your R & R at that port.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Why there needs to be border security and a ban on travel from affected regions of sickness. A handful of cases should be able to be contained, while hundreds or thousands of cases mean an epidemic here as well.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Spent an hour searching for the scene where Nadine said something about "going to hell" as the elevator door closed. Couldn't find it though...

Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    I think the guy in the Vice Video (video journalist) is the same guy that worked with NBC that contracted Ebola and is being flown to US for treatment.

https://news.vice.com/article/he-wan...sed-with-ebola
    That would be very interesting. Could mean he actually did catch it while filming at close range or that he's not just filming the propaganda but also 'living' it.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast