Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: First US case of Ebola

Seeing that they sent the guy home on the 26th even though he showed symptoms makes me think they wanted more people infected. But I'm a conspiracy nut so .....

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    wake me when somebody has actually caught it outside of west Africa

dont believe the hype
    You awake yet? Apparently someone just caught it outside of West Africa behind this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Seriously,,
    Who did not see this coming?
    Everyone should have saw this coming, considering top scientists have said it, and it's been plotted that there was a 1 in 5 chance of it being spread to America by the end of September.

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Yup, as soon as they brought that first guy to Atlanta. Seems like someone almost wanted, invited it to happen. Now, follow the money as the story unfolds, and see who benefits.
    "That first guy" was an American doctor who recovered 100%, didn't infect anyone else, and was in strict isolation. It's amazing what IV fluids will do with ebola patients - we have them, most third-world countries have them, but in extremely limited supplies. If you can keep an ebola patient's fluid levels steady, their chance of surviving is high.

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    right...like all the people on the plane, the airport personnel, the people stateside, the people who first saw him and then discharged him with a perscription for anitbiotics, the people who were in line with him waiting to fill the perscription, all the door knobs he touched, etc., etc.

it doesn't have to be airborne to be a serious threat. the BS with which our dear leaders are responding to this makes you almost think it's intentional.
    Unless the doorknob was vomited on, ejaculated on, or bled on, and a person touched it with a untreated and unbandaged laceration, it won't spread. Ebola can not spread during it's incubation period.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    I hate to rain on a good panic parade, but, contrary to the thread title, this is NOT the first US case of ebola. This is just another case of someone contracting ebola in Africa. It may lead to the first US case of ebola, but this ain't it.
    Yep.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Seeing that they sent the guy home on the 26th even though he showed symptoms makes me think they wanted more people infected. But I'm a conspiracy nut so .....
    It's unfortunately the American/Allopathic "way" to diagnose and treat most medical ailments. 10 minute sit down with a doctor, and a prescription given at the end. Even for viral infections, of which antibiotics are of no use... which contributes heavily to the issue of antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    Unless the doorknob was vomited on, ejaculated on, or bled on, and a person touched it with a untreated and unbandaged laceration, it won't spread. Ebola can not spread during it's incubation period.
    Thank goodness! Otherwise medical professionals would be saying health workers need optimal respiratory protection for Ebola.

XNN
    Last edited by XNavyNuke; 10-01-2014 at 10:51 AM.
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

No need to worry -- Obama says we are all safe. We are supposed to be afraid of libertarians and Russians.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward777 View Post
    No need to worry -- Obama says we are all safe. We are supposed to be afraid of libertarians and Russians.
    You forgot about ISIS. Never forget about ISIS.

I hate to rain on a good panic parade, but, contrary to the thread title, this is NOT the first US case of ebola. This is just another case of someone contracting ebola in Africa. It may lead to the first US case of ebola, but this ain't it.
    It is the first WILD case of Ebola. The others were brought in under controlled conditions.

-t

Ambulance 37 which transported him to the hospital has been cordoned off. There are concerns after it was used to move patients for two days after the Ebola patient but hospital officials have reassured citizens that it was properly sterilized.
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/10/n...did-he-infect/

then why "cordon it off" now? And what is "proper sterilization" for Ebola contamination?

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    Thank goodness! Otherwise medical professionals would be saying health workers need optimal respiratory protection for Ebola.

XNN

My husband is an expediter for a major hospital here and he just got an order for "extra" masks.

right...like all the people on the plane, the airport personnel, the people stateside, the people who first saw him and then discharged him with a perscription for anitbiotics, the people who were in line with him waiting to fill the perscription, all the door knobs he touched, etc., etc.

it doesn't have to be airborne to be a serious threat. the BS with which our dear leaders are responding to this makes you almost think it's intentional.
    I'm sure it was intentional. I guess bird flu didn't freak everyone out well enough.

It doesn't take a scientist to determine that we are at risk for an Ebola infection in the US, when the US hangs a neon sign on the front door soliciting Ebola victims to come to the US and run around for a while.

At the press conference they are holding right now (in Dallas) the spokesmen for the Texas Health Institute said they have been training for Ebola for a long time. Yet this man came in and they sent him home with antibiotics.

Yeah I know I feel safe. SMDH.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

DALLAS (AP) -- Texas Gov. Rick Perry says a handful of school-aged children who had contact with a man diagnosed with Ebola are being monitored.
    More:http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...10-01-13-20-13

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm glad I'm more than 1,500 miles away from Dallas!
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    I'm sure people are regularly flying in and out of the airport, so it's not like Ebola can't spread all over the country. Ebola has wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I'm sure people are regularly flying in and out of the airport, so it's not like Ebola can't spread all over the country. Ebola has wings.
    I wonder how many people from my area attended the Saints/Cowboys game in Dallas Sunday night? Probably no more than maybe 10,000 or 20,000 right?

I've got nothing to worry about.

so, this is how it all ends....damn....anti-climatic if you ask me. I was almost positive a large CME or GRB would take us out...but a silly virus?...

oh well..

GO SEAHAWKS.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post

There are no direct flights into Dallas from Liberia.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    There are no direct flights into Dallas from Liberia.
    I believe there were two to three stops (Heathrow, Brussels, ??). Another guy that came from Brussels is under observation, suspicion. plus, 5 children in four schools under observation.

just $#@!ing great. i've got a colleague coming home from Mexico via....Dallas! this should be good....

I believe there were two to three stops (Heathrow, Brussels, ??). Another guy that came from Brussels is under observation, suspicion. plus, 5 children in four schools under observation.

just $#@!ing great. i've got a colleague coming home from Mexico via....Dallas! this should be good....
    My sister was in this hospital two weeks ago. She has to see doctors at Presby. Dallas every two weeks since released from hospital. I told her she needs to stay away. Her immune system has been compromised due to a month long use of antibiotics. I hope and pray she takes heed.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    My sister was in this hospital two weeks ago. She has to see doctors at Presby. Dallas every two weeks since released from hospital. I told her she needs to stay away. Her immune system has been compromised due to a month long use of antibiotics. I hope and pray she takes heed.

Get her on some probiotics. I ordered some Del Immune V.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    so, this is how it all ends....damn....anti-climatic if you ask me. I was almost positive a large CME or GRB would take us out...but a silly virus?...

oh well..

GO SEAHAWKS.
    Be positive. Everyone won't die. Only about... well, maybe 70 or 80% of us. Maybe you'll be lucky.

Go Cowboys!

Be positive. Everyone won't die. Only about... well, maybe 70 or 80% of us. Maybe you'll be lucky.

Go Cowboys!
    hmmm...i'm thinking about canceling my trip to Mexico in December....my daughter is getting married in Cancun.....my anxiety levels are going through the roof today.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Get her on some probiotics. I ordered some Del Immune V.
    Yes! She finally started taking some probiotics (One Billion Organisms - Acidophius and Bifidum) last week. I had been on her even when she was in the hospital to get someone to get her some probiotics. The doctor and nurses kept on telling her that probiotics would cancel-out the antibiotics. It was extremely frustrating! She is also taking D3 (10,000 IU) now, too.

ETA:

Just got off the phone with her and she has a scheduled procedure Monday at this hospital. I asked her if there was any way she could change the venue. She said no, and was assured by the officials she has nothing to worry about they have the Ebola patient contained.
    Last edited by donnay; 10-01-2014 at 12:32 PM.

Go Cowboys!
    Yeah, but the few who are left are going to be gathered into a "good" and a "bad" group, and the "good" group will be forced to go and confront the "bad" group, whereupon some crazy pyro who was with the "bad" group (but still unclear whether the pyro is really 'good' or 'bad' himself) will roll up with a nuclear bomb that will subsequently detonate and wipe out the "bad" group.

Being the 20% who survive the superfever is only the beginning of the struggle...

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Yeah, but the few who are left are going to be gathered into a "good" and a "bad" group, and the "good" group will be forced to go and confront the "bad" group, whereupon some crazy pyro who was with the "bad" group (but still unclear whether the pyro is really 'good' or 'bad' himself) will roll up with a nuclear bomb that will subsequently detonate and wipe out the "bad" group.

Being the 20% who survive the superfever is only the beginning of the struggle...
    Baby, can you dig your man...?

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    hmmm...i'm thinking about canceling my trip to Mexico in December....my daughter is getting married in Cancun.....my anxiety levels are going through the roof today.
    Practice some anxiety relieving meditations (I'm not joking). I hope you won't have to cancel your trip. Wait and see what happens in a few weeks.

Going to go out on a limb here, and maybe some of you will be able to say "I told you so", but a year from now this will be long forgotten.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Going to go out on a limb here, and maybe some of you will be able to say "I told you so", but a year from now this will be long forgotten.
    I'm going to repeat what I said early on in this thread. I predict it will be something like the anthrax "scare" of 2001. We're in the fear-mongering phase right now where no one knows what to expect. In the end, we have long-forgotten the anthrax scare (except for conspiracy loons like me) but we haven't forgotten the civil liberties that whole mess took away...and some people did lose their lives over being exposed to anthrax.

This will be similar. Enough people will die to cause Boobus to say "take my rights, please. I don't need 'em."

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast