Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: First US case of Ebola

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I'm going to repeat what I said early on in this thread. I predict it will be something like the anthrax "scare" of 2001. We're in the fear-mongering phase right now where no one knows what to expect. In the end, we have long-forgotten the anthrax scare (except for conspiracy loons like me) but we haven't forgotten the civil liberties that whole mess took away...and some people did lose their lives over being exposed to anthrax.

This will be similar. Enough people will die to cause Boobus to say "take my rights, please. I don't need 'em."
    I totally agree.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to cajuncocoa again."
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    OFFICIAL: 5 KIDS HAD CONTACT WITH EBOLA PATIENT
    Authorities say five students who had contact with a man diagnosed with Ebola in Dallas are being monitored but are showing no symptoms of the disease.
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...10-01-13-20-13
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Yes! She finally started taking some probiotics (One Billion Organisms - Acidophius and Bifidum) last week. I had been on her even when she was in the hospital to get someone to get her some probiotics. The doctor and nurses kept on telling her that probiotics would cancel-out the antibiotics. It was extremely frustrating! She is also taking D3 (10,000 IU) now, too.

ETA:

Just got off the phone with her and she has a scheduled procedure Monday at this hospital. I asked her if there was any way she could change the venue. She said no, and was assured by the officials she has nothing to worry about they have the Ebola patient contained.
    Ugh. Call me a germophobe. When my son had brain surgery I was so worried about MRSA, I sanitized the
    ICU, his IV lines, his bed railings, the door knobs....daily. I asked everyone to wash their hands. He didn't get it lol.

I'm going to repeat what I said early on in this thread. I predict it will be something like the anthrax "scare" of 2001. We're in the fear-mongering phase right now where no one knows what to expect. In the end, we have long-forgotten the anthrax scare (except for conspiracy loons like me) but we haven't forgotten the civil liberties that whole mess took away...and some people did lose their lives over being exposed to anthrax.

This will be similar. Enough people will die to cause Boobus to say "take my rights, please. I don't need 'em."
    And let's never forget that the source of said anthrax was the US Government's USAMRIID lab at Ft. Detrick.

They've isolated the ambulance drivers and one of his associates. Not sure if that means imprisoned..but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    Thank goodness! Otherwise medical professionals would be saying health workers need optimal respiratory protection for Ebola.

XNN
    From one of the sources that was used in the paper you linked to:

This transmission occurs via close family contact or in health-care settings, particularly when placing orotracheal intubation or when caring for a patient who is vomiting or bleeding. Ebola is rarely transmitted via an airborne route.2 Although these routes of transmission are well known,3, 4 most agencies, including governmental agencies responsible for repatriating western patients, apply infection-control measures appropriate for airborne diseases.
    Likewise, the same source states that the most risk involves medical professionals who intubate patients - this isn't about a cough or a sneeze.

We contend that the systematic application of precautionary measures that protect health-care personnel and others from direct contact (ie, gloves and waterproof smocks, goggles, masks, and individual rooms or wards in the hospital) are sufficient to manage most patients (who do not experience haemorrhage or vomiting). In fact, goggles and masks might not even be necessary to speak with conscious patients, as long as a distance of 1—2 metres is maintained (the maximum distance that infectious droplets might reach). Exceptional precautions, such as pressurised suits with oxygen tanks, should be reserved for interventions that generate aerosols (invasive explorations or intubations), specific situations (eg, massive haemorrhage), or in laboratories where the virus is cultivated. They are unnecessary in the settings where the virus is most rampant.
    And from a source that source linked to:

The results support the concept that Ebola virus infection is self-contained in NHPs infected intramuscularly, at least in the present experimental conditions, and is not transmitted to naïve NHPs via an airborne route.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    Likewise, the same source states that the most risk involves medical professionals who intubate patients - this isn't about a cough or a sneeze.
    Could it be in a mutation process?

From one of the sources that was used in the paper you linked to:

And from a source that source linked to:

Maybe not a cough or a sneeze but the infected guy in Dallas was supposedly exposed when he helped carry an Ebola patient, so how did he get her bodily fluids? Open sore?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/01/us...ola-countries/

Visas to visit here held by 13,500 people from 3 Ebola countries

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    At the press conference they are holding right now (in Dallas) the spokesmen for the Texas Health Institute said they have been training for Ebola for a long time. Yet this man came in and they sent him home with antibiotics.

Yeah I know I feel safe. SMDH.
    "We've done a lot of training. We have practiced every scenario. We have brought in the best people available. We will win." - Says every NFL team before the season starts.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Kind of makes you wonder if other people here have died from it but were diagnosed as something else if they died before the bleeding out started. I would've thought it would have hit NY before Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Kind of makes you wonder if other people here have died from it but were diagnosed as something else if they died before the bleeding out started. I would've thought it would have hit NY before Dallas.
    The metro area of NYC hasn't been free of "scares," let me tell you.

A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen

Outside the Apartment of 1st Person Diagnosed With Ebola in US

Family of sickened man is not allowed to leave building even to go to work or school.

get some fake blood and walk around a mall with it running out your nose.....fun times.

just kidding.
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 10-01-2014 at 04:46 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am hopeful that the EMTs were extremely cautious... now if they didn't follow proper PPE protocols, that would be bad... especially if they are still working (and potentially getting close to other patient's bodily fluids).

-----

And SMFH, I hope someone gets fired for thinking he had a "low-grade viral infection," and giving him antibiotics.
    Last edited by Nirvikalpa; 10-01-2014 at 05:12 PM.

निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen

I am hopeful that the EMTs were extremely cautious... now if they didn't follow proper PPE protocols, that would be bad... especially if they are still working (and potentially getting close to other patient's bodily fluids).

-----

And SMFH, I hope someone gets fired for thinking he had a "low-grade viral infection," and giving him antibiotics.
    What about the people who treated him when he went in on 9/26? By that time he'd already shown symptoms for two days.

What about the people who treated him when he went in on 9/26? By that time he'd already shown symptoms for two days.
    And they obviously didn't think it was Ebola so what protocols did they follow?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    And they obviously didn't think it was Ebola so what protocols did they follow?
    Probably the same thing they do when they have a patient present 'flu-like" symptoms; Make physical contact (check glands, lymph nodes, breathing, abdomen, etc), take temperature (hopefully infared?!), then write him a 'scrip. Maybe wash hands before leaving the room? I'd guess that's about it!

The EMTs are off and staying home, apparently. "At least" 3 EMTs. What squads have more than 3 to an ambulance? 2 is standard. 3 is including a probationary member...

निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen

"Frieden did state with emphasis that Ebola DOES NOT spread from someone who is not infectious. “It does not spread from someone who doesn’t have fever and other symptoms,” he said. “So, it’s only someone who is sick with Ebola who can spread the disease.”"

I lost track of how many places blood was sent to test and retest in this article alone. I suspect it may travel faster here than in the backwoods of Africa.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/10/01/c...s-ebola-virus/

The article was from Fark.com the other day. Here is a link to the comment section there;

http://www.fark.com/comments/8434433

So when the government and media tells us all to worry about global pandemics such as bird flu, it's a conspiracy and there is nothing to worry about. However, when they say the ebola risk is low and not to worry, it's also a conpsiracy and we all will die from ebola shortly. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    So when the government and media tells us all to worry about global pandemics such as bird flu, it's a conspiracy and there is nothing to worry about. However, when they say the ebola risk is low and not to worry, it's also a conpsiracy and we all will die from ebola shortly. Got it.
    Correct. I don't know about you, but I'm in panic mode until Obama himself makes a news conference telling us there's no reason to panic.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am waiting for someone to do an Ebola prank on youtube......

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Look, it's really very simple:

Whatever government says: do, and think and respond, in the exact opposite manner.

Government tells you that an Ebola pandemic is nothing to worry about and not plausible?

Start prepping for the zombie apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    You are a mean, terrible person if you in any way suggest that a person should not be able to come into the US after exposure to Ebola. You are twice as mean if that person is a non-citizen (the CDC doctor today refused to answer a question about the citizenship of the Ebola patient). You are triple mean if that person is coming from an impoverished nation. You are quadruple mean (and a racist) if that nation has a majority of people who are ordained as a minority in the United States.

Now if that person were coming from, say, Russia or Iran, then a quarantine on that entire nation would be in order, along with sanctions and a possible dropping of fire bombs for sterilization and decontamination.
    This is news to me. I've never witnessed this kind of attitude toward quarantining those afflicted with Ebola. Having earned my degree in political science, it seems a bit strange to me that I don't know what you're talking about.
    Last edited by PaulConventionWV; 10-01-2014 at 08:49 PM.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

United Airlines scrambles to alert HUNDREDS of passengers who came in contract with Ebola patient as it is revealed he entered U.S. at Washington Dulles before flying to Dallas

By Michael Zennie

1 October 2014

Thomas Eric Duncan flew from Liberia to Brussels, then boarded United Airlines Flight 951 to Washington Dulles International Airport
    From Dulles, he flew on United Flight 822 to Dallas/Fort Worth
    U.S. officials had refused to release Duncan's flight details, but United Airlines chose to make his itinerary public
    Health officials claim there is no risk to Duncan's fellow passengers

United Airlines is scrambling to alert the hundreds of passengers who shared twi planes with the first Ebola patient on U.S. soil.

Thomas Eric Duncan, a Liberian national, arrived in the U.S. at Washington Dulles International Airport on United Flight 951 on September 20, the airline revealed today.

He then boarded United Flight 822 to Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.

U.S. officials had previously refused to provide details of his itinerary, claiming none of his fellow passengers were at risk because he was not showing symptoms at that time.

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

80 people being monitored.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...t-schools.html

Ebola victim left Africa after direct contact with the virus

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metro...-the-virus.ece

Dallas Ebola patient 'throwing up all over the place' on way to hospital
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifest...ry.html#page=1
    Last edited by pcosmar; 10-02-2014 at 07:34 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    Thank goodness! Otherwise medical professionals would be saying health workers need optimal respiratory protection for Ebola.

XNN
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...to-the-US.html
    The longer it moves around in human hosts in the virulent melting pot that is West Africa, the more chances increase that it could mutate,” he told the Telegraph. “It is a nightmare scenario [that it could become airborne], and unlikely, but it can’t be ruled out.”

He admitted that the international community had been “a bit late” to respond to the epidemic, but that it was “not too late” and that aid workers needed to “hit [Ebola] hard” to rein in the deadly disease.
    Not all that unlikely. I am sure folks have been working on creating just this sort of weapon.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/12/health/ebola-airborne/
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/t...ight-question/
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast