Thread: Rand: Block Next Att General Pick If Nominee Supports Executive Amnesty

Rand: Block Next Att General Pick If Nominee Supports Executive Amnesty

9/30/14
    COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) says that he will and other senators should oppose President Barack Obama’s nominee to replace outgoing Attorney General Eric Holder if that candidate supports the president’s planned executive amnesty or other executive overreaches as president.

“I think it’s even bigger and broader than that,” Paul said when asked if he’d back a plan put forward by Senate Budget Committee ranking member Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) to block the Holder replacement nominee if they support executive amnesty. “I think the attorney general should, whoever the nominee is, acknowledge that they will operate independent of politics, independent of the president and under the direction of the Constitution. The Constitution really doesn’t allow the president to legislate. It’s a host of issues-I wouldn’t limit it to just immigration. Whether it’s immigration, healthcare or war, those are congressional powers. But really with the whole separation of powers, he’s had a whole host of executive orders that appear to be legislating and appear to be illegal. So yeah I think those are important questions to ask the next attorney general. The question I think is whether it comes up in lame duck session where they have the majority, or whether it comes up in January when hopefully the Republicans have the majority.”

Paul backing this strategy comes right after Sessions rolled it out last week and then Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) backed him the next day.

"We need someone at the Department of Justice who will restore fidelity to our national laws and boundaries," Sessions said. "No Senator should vote to confirm anyone to this position who does not firmly reject the President’s planned executive amnesty-or any other scheme to circumvent our nation’s immigration laws-and who does not pledge to serve the laws and people of the United States.”

“I’ll give you three answers to that, yes, yes, and absolutely yes,” Cruz said when asked if he backs that strategy during an interview with Breitbart News at the Value Voters Summit hosted by the Family Research Council last week.

Paul’s comments on this came in an interview with Breitbart News backstage after he had just spoken for half an hour to University of South Carolina students here in the Harper College building. Paul honed in on civil liberties, expanding the size and reach of the Republican Party without abandoning conservative principles, the president’s executive overreach, and a variety of other issues before taking questions from the more than 100 students in the audience via Twitter using the hashtag #USCAskRand.

Paul’s been very active in presidential states early on ahead of the 2016 cycle, and is conducting a series of stops here in South Carolina on Tuesday before heading to North Carolina on Wednesday to endorse GOP U.S. Senate nominee Thom Tillis there.
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...bama-Overreach
    Last edited by Valli6; 09-30-2014 at 11:39 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hopefully this will shut up some of those Cruz supporters who say Rand is for amnesty.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

What if they are only pretending to be for Executive Amnesty to get elected?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Hopefully this will shut up some of those Cruz supporters who say Rand is for amnesty.
    It won't. That meme has sailed among those retards. None of them can point to a single pro-amnesty vote Rand Paul has made in the U.S. Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    It won't. That meme has sailed among those retards. None of them can point to a single pro-amnesty vote Rand Paul has made in the U.S. Senate.
    Also, I've determined that "amnesty" no longer means what I thought it did -- it now means wanting to make any change to US immigration law whatsoever. Indeed, for some it apparently means simply means thinking immigration can be a good thing in principle. Seeing what some of these people write, one rather gets the impression they're dripping foam onto their keyboards.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Been working to set the record straight, but willfull ignorance is one stubborn affliction! Good Lord! As already mentioned, none of them even try to provide factual info to support their claims.

Gotta wonder - just who's directing these people?

Rand and Cruz are the same on immigration. In terms of increased legal immigration and and legal status. Laura Ingraham corrected one of her guests for touting Cruz as being good on immigration when he is agrees with Zuckerberg on many issues. Ingraham is probably more pro-Rand than Cruz. Only really supporting Cruz on specific votes if it is a Boehner bill that he is trying to stop.

Only Santorum has made a few speeches on lower levels of legal immigration.

In fact messiah Cruz will probably be worse with congress rolling over and doing whatever he wants on immigraation.. At least with Rand the congressional neocons and police state Republicans won't trust Rand and will push back on amnesty legislation.

Rand should actually point out that Congress won't just roll over for all his ideas. Bush pushed amnesty and pandered to Hispanics and congress opposed him. That could happen again to a GOP president. In fact I wonder if Adelson will moonlight as an anti amnesty warrior trying to oust Rand in 2020 on immigration.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.