Thread: Poll: 72% Believe U.S. Will Use American Combat Troops Against ISIS

Poll: 72% Believe U.S. Will Use American Combat Troops Against ISIS

BY MARK MURRAY
    More than seven in 10 Americans say the United States will end up using its own combat troops against ISIS militants in Iraq and Syria, despite President Barack Obama’s assertion that U.S. combat troops won’t be on the ground there.

This finding comes from a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Annenberg poll, which also shows that Americans are divided over the merits of using U.S. combat troops – 45 percent are in favor of using them if military commanders think they’re the best way to defeat the ISIS army, while 37 percent are opposed.

Continued….http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isi...troops-n212791
    It just make you swell with pride for the intelligence of Boobus Americanus, doesn’t it?

The fact that they are smart enough to know he’s lying but stupid enough to want to send troops into that $#@!hole again speaks to very limited comprehension abilities.

Nation of Idiots, Fat, Drunk and Stupid

------------------------------------------------------------

And then we have THIS;

Poll: 70% of troops say no more boots on the ground in Iraq

As the tide of war rises again in the Middle East, the military’s rank and file are mostly opposed to expanding the new mission in Iraq and Syria to include sending a large number of U.S. ground troops into combat, according to a Military Times survey of active-duty members.

On the surface, troops appear to support President Obama’s repeated vows not to let the U.S. military get “dragged into another ground war” in Iraq. Yet at the same time, the views of many service members are shaped by a deep ambivalence about this commander in chief and questions about his ability to lead the nation through a major war, according to the survey and interviews.

The reader survey asked more than 2,200 active-duty troops this question: “In your opinion, do you think the U.S. military should send a substantial number of combat troops to Iraq to support the Iraqi security forces?” Slightly more than 70 percent responded: “No.”

“It’s their country, it’s their business. I don’t think major ‘boots on the ground’ is the right answer,” said one Army infantry officer and prior-enlisted soldier who deployed to Iraq three times. He responded to the survey and an interview request but, like several other service members in this story, asked not to be named because he is not authorized to discuss high-level military policy.

The Military Times survey was conducted online this summer and concluded in August just as President Obama was ramping up the air campaign against the Islamic State group.

As the U.S. expands that air war into Syria and increases the number of U.S. boots on the ground in Iraq — topping more than 1,700 total — service members say their feelings about the crisis and the U.S. response to it haveintensified.

http://www.militarytimes.com/interac…q?sf31707060=1

Support the troops! Don't send them.
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This means they're expecting it and will not protest.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    This means they're expecting it and will not protest.
    More support it than oppose it. I know I shouldn't be, but I'm surprised at the glaring stupidity of it.
    "The Patriarch"

It kinda sucks that only America is badass enough to get the job done. If you want something done right, gotta do it yourself. :/
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    It kinda sucks that only America is badass enough to get the job done. If you want something done right, gotta do it yourself. :/
    And by done right, you mean go in there, waste money and lives and leave the place worse than when you came in....

bxm042 video monologues. I want them and I want them now.

bxm042 please PM satchelmcqueen. I think he is our resident video comedian.

CIA/ISIS will gladly oblige.

and here it is...

http://news.yahoo.com/boehner-says-d...201000498.html

“At some point somebody’s boots have to be on the ground,” Boehner said. He added that instead of training Syrian rebels and relying on other countries, those boots would likely have to be Americans’.

F**K THIS !!

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Obama will send troops and nobody will care, it's football season and there is apparently a new Iphone.