Thread: If you have nothing to hide…

If you have nothing to hide…

I thought this was so good it needed to be shared.

Posted on September 28, 2014 by Battlefield USA

Every liberty loving man, woman, and child who lived in Soviet Russia, Communist China, Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, and the hosts of despotic governments throughout the world and history, had something to hide. That yearning for freedom. That yearning for liberty. Millions feared wasting away in jails, and millions feared being murdered for daring to act and think outside the diktats of the State.

And all the despotic governments have one thing in common… “If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.” You have nothing to fear as long as you live within the confines and controls as dictated by the State. Only a paranoid dictatorial State would tell you, “If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.” Only a paranoid dictatorial State would tell you that they must have unfettered access to everything you do, in case you are breaking the law, the dictates of the State, in the name of National Security, in the name of Continuity of Government.

How dare you walk outside the confines of the State! How dare you walk outside the dictates of the State! The State MUST have access to you to make sure you are NOT living outside the confines and dictates of the State! If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear that we have access to all your communication devices. That we have security camera’s in every corner traffic light and electrical pole.

If we, the State, have the technology to snoop on every facet of your life, then we MUST be allowed to use it! In case you are breaking the law, the dictates of the State, in the name of National Security, in the name of Continuity of Government. The U.S. government is certainly NOT of the people, NOT by the people, and NOT for the people any more.

If it were, would you be spying on yourself, your loved ones, your neighbors? You are not the government. You are not the State. It has become a separate entity that only seeks to grow in perpetuity at your expense. You are its commodity. You are its human resource that it feeds off of. Walk outside the confines and dictates of it, and you are a spoiled fruit in its all seeing eyes. And the State can not allow you to spoil the whole fruit basket. It can not allow you to spread your freedom and liberty.

Only it, the State, will tell you what freedom and liberty is within the confines of its dictates. It can not, and will not, allow you to break free of those confines. Hence, “If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear,” as long as it is within the confines as dictated by the… State. The all seeing eye.

A bit more at...http://battlefieldusa.wordpress.com/...thing-to-hide/
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have always thought that "logic" worked better the other way around.

If I have nothing to fear, then I have nothing to hide.

Unfortunately, all of us have much to fear in the way of consequences by not keeping our felonious activities to ourselves.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

If "they" have nothing to hide then why are their names and addresses kept secret from the public?

Why must "they" be protected by qualified immunity?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    If "they" have nothing to hide then why are their names and addresses kept secret from the public?

The "system" must be protected, for all our sake.
    "The Patriarch"

Yep, a variation on what I said: they have much to fear, so they hide.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Continuity of government.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

If theye are so beloved of the people, due to theire wisdom and benevolence, why must they surround themeselves with phalanxes of guards, soldiers, and billions of dollars of high tech weaponry?

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Unfortunately, all of us have much to fear in the way of consequences by not keeping our felonious activities to ourselves.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Many people think Lindsey Graham is hiding something ​

If you have nothing to hide....
    You are neutered?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    If theye are so beloved of the people, due to theire wisdom and benevolence, why must they surround themeselves with phalanxes of guards, soldiers, and billions of dollars of high tech weaponry?
    Continuity of Government. It's all the rage. For those in government.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Continuity of Government. It's all the rage. For those in government.
    "Now I will tell you the answer to my question. It is this. The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness; only power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from all the oligarchies of the past in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just round the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now do you begin to understand me?"

Winston was struck, as he had been struck before, by the tiredness of O'Brien's face. It was strong and fleshy and brutal, it was full of intelligence and a sort of controlled passion before which he felt himself helpless; but it was tired. There were pouches under the eyes, the skin sagged from the cheekbones. O'Brien leaned over him, deliberately bringing the worn face nearer.

"You are thinking," he said, "that my face is old and tired. You are thinking that I talk of power, and yet I am not even able to prevent the decay of my own body. Can you not understand, Winston, that the individual is only a cell? The weariness of the cell is the vigor of the organism. Do you die when you cut your finger-nails?"

He turned away from the bed and began strolling up and down again, one hand in his pocket.

"We are the priests of power," he said. "God is power. But at present power is only a word so far as you are concerned. It is time for you to gather some idea of what power means. The first thing you must realize is that power is collective. The individual only has power in so far as he ceases to be an individual. You know the Party slogan 'Freedom is Slavery." Has it ever occurred to you that it is reversible? Slavery is freedom. Alone-free-the human being is always defeated. It must be so, because every human being is doomed to die, which is the greatest of all failures. But if he can make complete, utter submission, if he can escape from his identity, if he can merge himself in the Party so that he is the Party, then he is all-powerful and immortal. The second thing for you to realize is that power is power over human beings. Over the body-but, above all, over the mind. Power over matter external reality, as you would call it-is not important. Already our control over matter is absolute."'

Where is BXM? This is like a softball pitch for him.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Where is BXM? This is like a softball pitch for him.
    He can't hide anymore, I turned him in
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    "Now I will tell you the answer to my question. It is this.
    Fiction, horror stories, of my youth.

Reality in my adulthood.

The $#@! under my bed or down the hall was nowhere as terrible as a child. It was only in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by pessimist View Post
    Many people think Lindsey Graham is hiding something ​

Yeah, probably his small and entirely inadequate salami in little boys.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Continuity of Government. It's all the rage. For those in love with government.

Fixed that fer'ye.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

//
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

How do you know if you have anything to hide, if you can't memorize the multitude of laws that have been made up?