Thread: Palin Says White House Located At "1400 Pennsylvania Ave"

Palin Says White House Located At "1400 Pennsylvania Ave"

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/26/politi...ute/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by CNN
    As she continued to rally her base and slam the media and Obama, Palin accidentally slipped up on the address of the White House, saying it's located at "1400 Pennsylvania Avenue." The actual address is 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm sorry, but if this were the worst thing to fall out of a politician's lips, I would be really damned excited. Oh no she got an address wrong! Now if she got the stances on all the awful ways in which Government encroaches on our daily lives, robs us of money and opportunity, and makes criminals out of everyone... if she only got all of that right... we'd be in business.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    I'm sorry, but if this were the worst thing to fall out of a politician's lips, I would be really damned excited. Oh no she got an address wrong!
    How long have some on the Right been hung up on "57 states" now?

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    I know. It's idiocy. It's worth a laugh at the moment, but it isn't really the worst thing about any of these people. It's like making fun of Hillary's pant suits or Santorum's name. These are people who will murder under the banner of pride and "US interests" while lining pockets and blaming everyone else.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Who cares?

This sounds a lot like the people we used to disdain who voted for politicians based on their hairstyle.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Yeah I don't really care about this or any other "gaffes". I care more about policy and overall Palin is pretty good - although I don't like her position as a war hawk. Wish she would have run for Senate. I think she would be a useful ally there, just like Cruz. Unfortunately, foreign policy is where we would part, just like with Cruz.

Although, to be honest, I have found Sarah is just in politics for her own personal benefit, so I definitely don't trust her.

But keep in mind, none of what I just said has anything to do with this gaffe, which as I mentioned, I don't care about.
    SUPPORT LIBERTY IN 2016

its actually... 666 Bull$#@! Avenue..

removed
    Last edited by kahless; 10-03-2014 at 05:20 PM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Pretty sure that not very many on Ron Paul Forums have obsessed over the 57 State thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    LOL I was going to say just "who cares?" but her doing this picture actually earned her a few cool points with me.

Sounded right to me also.

If I'd have been there I would have known the White House she was talking about anyway.

What does this matter anything at all? Who really memorizes such trivial information, such as addresses to government buildings? Especially, such a minor slip up as getting a few numbers incorrect. Where is the White House located? It is in D.C. on Pennsylvania Ave. You can’t miss it really, it’s the only overly large white colored mansion, surrounded by wrought iron gating, it has a helicopter sitting on its vastly expansive plush green lawn, with an organic garden off to the side; it is located right between the huge phallus and vaginal canal idols, and Albert Pike Freemason’s Headquarters, it sits right at the very base of a gigantic street pentagram.

Getting an address slightly off as a private citizen is one thing, failing to readily state the correct numbers of these United States while running for PRESIDENT of that very nation is entirely another thing, in fact it is a Caitlin Upton 2007 Teen USA level gaff (her reply to this ironically relatable question: “Recent polls have shown a fifth of Americans can’t locate the U.S. on a world map. Why do you think this is?”):

”I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh, people out there in our nation don’t have maps and, uh, I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future [for our children].”
    “President Obama” is the intellectual equivalent of a Miss Upton, Mme. Palin however, is not so at all.
    Last edited by Weston White; 09-27-2014 at 09:30 PM.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

The Palin defense force is strong.

Meh-

Can't stand Palin- and this is latest faux pax is not worth talking about.
    There is no spoon.

Trivial..but she is her own worst enemy.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But was she wearing a tan suit?

Haha its funny cus she's dumb
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post
    The Palin defense force is strong.

Not really. As I said earlier, it's worth a laugh or two, but that's not where the media and average voter go with this. Many of them would vote elsewhere because of something like this (or her alleged "I can see Alaska from my yard" quote, etc.) and that's a problem. It's a fragment of a rumor of a distortion of a superficial thing.

And hell, even compared to some of the other dumb $#@! she actually HAS done, this is an error in a number. This isn't some brawl where she tries to pull the "don't you know who I am?!?" card or anything --- now THAT would be funny and telling.

At least she didn't say, "10 Downing street."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    At least she didn't say, "10 Downing street."
    I'm honestly surprised that she didn't recite the address of her leader at the משרד ראש הממשלה‎

Well, in all fairness, 1400 Pennsylvania Avenue is the closest that this airheaded bubble brain will ever get to the White House.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!