Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea Manning Threatens to Cut "Her" Balls Off

Chelsea Manning Threatens to Cut "Her" Balls Off

https://wikileaks.org/Bradley-Manning-Trial-FAQ.html

Chelsea Manning has filed a lawsuit against the United States Defense Department and the Department of the Army for denying her medical care for her gender dysphoria. It seeks a preliminary injunction requiring the Pentagon to provide “clinically appropriate treatment.”

While deployed as an intelligence analyst in Iraq, Manning provided WikiLeaks with around a half million classified documents, which exposed details of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, including war crimes like torture and summary executions. She is currently serving a 35-year prison sentence at Fort Leavenworth after being convicted of Espionage Act violations and other offenses on July 30, 2013.

She has spent more than a year trying to convince the Pentagon to provide her access to hormone therapy, but they have ignored her requests or insisted on denying her access to treatment—an alleged violation of her Eighth Amendment rights under the US Constitution.

The lawsuit [PDF] accuses the Pentagon of prohibiting her “from expressing her female gender by growing her hair and otherwise following female grooming standards.” It

says she is
    “experiencing escalating distress and is

at serious risk of
    severe and imminent harm, including

resorting to self-surgery (

auto-castration
    ) or suicide, because this medically necessary treatment is being withheld.”
    http://dissenter.firedoglake.com/201...der-dysphoria/
    Last edited by presence; 09-27-2014 at 12:21 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Manning needs therapy to accept self the way they are...

To each his/her own but I don't think that's a reason for litigation

Maybe he is doing it for continued press so people don't forget about him and just let him rot in prison, like almost all would otherwise.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    To each his/her own but I don't think that's a reason for litigation
    While you are correct, the fact that he is in prison at all is a reason for litigation. He's a hero.

Why does no one consider the possibility that he/she had been given psych drugs to drive him/her crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Why does no one consider the possibility that he/she had been given psych drugs to drive him/her crazy?
    This is very likely the case

That'd be a hell of a threat to prevent future whistleblowers: if you leak information and get caught; we'll give you drugs to make you crazy enough to want to cut your own balls off.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Maybe he is doing it for continued press so people don't forget about him and just let him rot in prison, like almost all would otherwise.
    This.

This would put LGBT movement behind Obama in a fix.

Obama proclaims June LGBT Pride Month

By Justin Snow on May 30, 2014

Photo: Barack Obama. Credit: Official White House Photo by Pete Souza.

President Barack Obama declared June Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month in a proclamation released by the White House Friday and called on Americans to recommit themselves to finishing the work that remains for achieving full equality.

http://www.metroweekly.com/2014/05/o...t-pride-month/

It's really insulting to real women that the media keeps referring to Bradley Manning with feminine pronouns. In what way, shape or form is Manning a woman? Just because he says he "identifies" as one? I wasn't aware that was how the two sexes worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Firedoglake
    Chelsea Manning Sues Pentagon for Denying Her ‘Urgently-Needed’ Medical Care for Gender Dysphoria
    Urgent? Why should taxpayers foot the bill for this? Prisoners shouldn't get cosmetic surgeries on our dime. This is about as "urgently-needed" as another prisoner's rhytidectomy.

Firedoglake also keeps calling Manning "her". This is a site that referred to itself as part of the "reality-based community" during the Bush years. Calling a man with a Y chromosome and a penis dangling between his legs "her" and "she" for no reason other than he wants to be referred to as such? Some "reality".
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 09-27-2014 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    It's really insulting to real women that the media keeps referring to Bradley Manning with feminine pronouns. In what way, shape or form is Manning a woman? Just because he says he "identifies" as one? I wasn't aware that was how the two sexes worked.

Urgent? Why should taxpayers foot the bill for this? Prisoners shouldn't get cosmetic surgeries on our dime. This is about as "urgently-needed" as another prisoner's rhytidectomy.

Firedoglake also keeps calling Manning as "her". This is a site that referred to itself as part of the "reality-based community" during the Bush years. Calling a man with a Y chromosome and a penis dangling between his legs "her" and "she" for no reason other than he wants to be referred to as such? Some "reality".
    I refer to Manning as he deliberately. I feel for him because I knew someone who was transgendered and I know its not easy for them. At the same time, if God created you a male, that's still exactly what you are.

I think Manning's actions were heroic. But he's still a man.

This guy is really messed up in the head
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

This has been my thought all along, frankly.

There's absolutely no doubt Manning was severely abused in captivity. It may still be going on, for all I know.

There are a wide variety of articles from numerous credible publications detailing the harsh treatment he received. Just do a search for "treatment of Bradley Manning" and see what comes up.

Solitary confinement. Forced nudity. Constant bullying and threats. Held in irons anytime outside the cell. For years. It would be enough to drive anyone insane.

Here's an excerpt from a 2012 article from Wired.com that gives just a few of the sickening details:

http://www.wired.com/2012/08/general...ail-treatment/

Manning’s treatment during his detention was the subject of intense criticism. The ACLU called his treatment “gratuitously harsh” in a letter sent to U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates. And former State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley was forced to resign after publicly calling Manning’s treatment at Quantico “counterproductive and stupid.”

Manning, 23, was arrested in May 2010 in Iraq after telling a former hacker that he had leaked vast amounts of classified material to the secret-spilling site WikiLeaks. He was subsequently transferred to Kuwait, where he was detained for about two months before being moved to the Quantcico brig.

For most of his time at the brig, Manning was held in highly restrictive pretrial confinement. Designated a maximum-custody detainee under prevention-of-injury watch, or POI, he was confined to his cell for all but an hour a day, and has a number of other restrictions placed on him. At one point his clothes were taken away, and he was forced to sleep naked.

The brig maintained that Manning’s treatment was consistent with other prisoners placed under POI watch. But Manning’s attorney filed protests alleging mistreatment and indicating there was no legitimate reason for his client to be under protective watch.

“Manning was awoken at 0500 hours and required to remain awake in his cell from 0500 to 2200 hours,” Coombs claims in the latest motion, and says Manning “was not permitted to lie down on his rack during the duty day. Nor was Manning permitted to lean his back against the cell wall; he had to sit upright on his rack without any back support”.

He was also allowed only 20 minutes of “sunshine call” and was given no more than five minutes in the shower. When he was allowed out of his cell, his arms and legs were bound in metal shackles, preventing him from getting sufficient exercise. He was also given only a pair of running shoes that had no laces so that when he tried to walk in them, while shackled, the shoes fell off his feet, Coombs writes.

Manning was also forced to remove his clothes for an inspection after he protested his treatment.

“It is well established that forced nudity is a classic humiliation technique. The only permissible inference is that the Brig intended to punish Manning by subjecting him to humiliating treatment because Manning correctly pointed out the absurdity of his POI status,” Coombs asserts.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I refer to Manning as he deliberately. I feel for him because I knew someone who was transgendered and I know its not easy for them. At the same time, if God created you a male, that's still exactly what you are.

I think Manning's actions were heroic. But he's still a man.
    Exactly. He/she is a hero.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    There's absolutely no doubt Manning was severely abused in captivity. It may still be going on, for all I know.

There are a wide variety of articles from numerous credible publications detailing the harsh treatment he received. Just do a search for "treatment of Bradley Manning" and see what comes up.

Solitary confinement. Forced nudity. Constant bullying and threats. Held in irons anytime outside the cell. For years. It would be enough to drive anyone insane.

Here's an excerpt from a 2012 article from Wired.com that gives just a few of the sickening details:

And people wonder why Edward Snowden doesn't come home?

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post

That's just awful. I wish I could remember all of these stories in all of my political debates. The US government is truly messed up.

While you are correct, the fact that he is in prison at all is a reason for litigation. He's a hero.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A $#@!ING HERO. If HE wants to be a SHE, then so be it.. not my place to say. It is totally irrelevant , but the FACT still remains that this wonderful person put their $#@!ing life on the line to expose a completely corrupt system. If you (RP forum) can't get behind that, then I'm in the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by liberty2897 View Post
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A $#@!ING HERO. If HE wants to be a SHE, then so be it.. not my place to say. It is totally irrelevant , but the FACT still remains that this wonderful person put their $#@!ing life on the line to expose a completely corrupt system. If you (RP forum) can't get behind that, then I'm in the wrong place.
    I honestly have to wonder if the government is making the transgender bit up to make soc cons less sympathetic. It won't work on me, despite my VERY strong opposition to transgenderism.

I honestly have to wonder if the government is making the transgender bit up to make soc cons less sympathetic. It won't work on me, despite my VERY strong opposition to transgenderism.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FreedomFanatic again.

I am curious what your reasoning is for "VERY strong opposition to transgenderism". I don't really understand it myself, so maybe you can enlighten me some? I have people who work for me who reportedly fit this category, so I would like to be enlightened if you you have something informational.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FreedomFanatic again.
    I've got ya covered.

I am curious what your reasoning is for "VERY strong opposition to transgenderism". I don't really understand it myself

Mom I'm almost done with my BPA sippy, I need a triclosan wipe to clean my hands, before I go out and play in the atrozine lawn.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

I am curious what your reasoning is for "VERY strong opposition to transgenderism". I don't really understand it myself, so maybe you can enlighten me some? I have people who work for me who reportedly fit this category, so I would like to be enlightened if you you have something informational.
    Live and let live. I don't care that Manning considers himself transgendered, nor do I care that these fellows are opposed to it--so long as neither party doesn't harm others.

Everyone is entitled to live their lives as they please.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    in reply to presence
    So, I take it that you have all the physics and life surrounding you figured out. I claim no such thing. If humans want to re-shape themselves into something non-traditional, I have no problem with that. I'm pretty sure that Bradley Manning, like it or not, is going to have more of an impact on the universe than you are.

At a boy.... you can be anything you want to be.

Theological reasoning: God created men as men and women as women, I'd hold that its a sin (though not a crime) to try to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    At a boy.... you can be anything you want to be.
    Are you replying to me? $#@! you punk.

Theological reasoning: God created men as men and women as women, I'd hold that its a sin (thoYouugh not a crime) to try to change it.
    $#@!... you guys are hopeless... I'm out for good.

Are you replying to me? $#@! you punk.
    Oh, I'm sorry....

At a girl.... you can be anything you want to be.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast