Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul: Walter Block vs. Robert Wenzel

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who cares?

Both Block and Wenzel are irrelevant (Wenzel more than Block)
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Wenzel is a lame and Block has barely ever said anything about Rand. The Mises Institute already through Rand under the bus and the cults that follow the institute don't even support Rand. They are a bunch of crybabies with low-paying jobs that have done nothing to push for a self-governing world other than post on the internet.

Interesting read.

Block is right about Rand but now I have to wonder what his reaction will be to Rand's statement about him. He's defending Rand here but Block has seemed pretty reasonable thus far so I don't think he'll stop. No doubt he'll be disappointed though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Whenever Wenzel recently got all butthurt and rushed to the defense of Block, it reminded me of something... Didn't Wenzel once criticize Block for having a Ph.D in economics and even go so far as to say that Block didn't understand Austrian economics because of his Ph.D?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Who cares?

Surely, you're not serious.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Whenever Wenzel recently got all butthurt and rushed to the defense of Block, it reminded me of something... Didn't Wenzel once criticize Block for having a Ph.D in economics and even go so far as to say that Block didn't understand Austrian economics because of his Ph.D?
    Link?

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Link?
    I was wrong. It was Gary North.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Wenzel is a lame and Block has barely ever said anything about Rand. The Mises Institute already through Rand under the bus and the cults that follow the institute don't even support Rand. They are a bunch of crybabies with low-paying jobs that have done nothing to push for a self-governing world other than post on the internet.
    MI has done more to educate future generations of Austrian Economists and libertarians than you and the vast majority of crybabies on teh interwebz. That's one reason RP supports them. MI hosts many seminars and other educational events, FYI. Anything but "a bunch of crybabies with low-paying jobs that have done nothing to push for a self-governing world other than post on the internet".
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    MI has done more to educate future generations of Austrian Economists and libertarians than you and the vast majority of crybabies on teh interwebz. That's one reason RP supports them. MI hosts many seminars and other educational events, FYI. Anything but "a bunch of crybabies with low-paying jobs that have done nothing to push for a self-governing world other than post on the internet".
    Yeah they have "educated the future generation of austrian economists" that will never exist. Most people that read those books don't even associate themselves with the political process. I never called the MI a bunch of crybabies. I'm referring to the actual crybabies like yourself.

Yeah they have "educated the future generation of austrian economists" that will never exist. Most people that read those books don't even associate themselves with the political process. I never called the MI a bunch of crybabies. I'm referring to the actual crybabies like yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    I was wrong. It was Gary North.
    Was that when they debated?

Who cares?

Didn't Block speak at Dr. Paul's event in Tampa during the Republican National Convention?
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post

You poor baby. I get the sense that you wanted to add "neener neener boo boo, stick yer head in doo doo"...dayumn, and I thought danke and eduardo were childish. :P
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Surely, you're not serious.
    Of course he's not. He's teh Collinz.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 10-03-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Who cares?

This is Collins speak for 'They'll never offer me a paycheck so $#@! them."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    This is Collins speak for 'They'll never offer me a paycheck so $#@! them."
    LOL!! So true.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Didn't Block speak at Dr. Paul's event in Tampa during the Republican National Convention?
    I seem to recall so...but regardless, Block has supported RP and his libertarian efforts more than most "visible" libertarians. Pretty cool guy IMO, whether you agree with him or not (and I disagree with him on a few things).

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Yes, and he embarrassed a lot of people by (seeming to) advocate abortion
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

He also apologized, if you'll recall.

Since RP invited him to speak, then I would guess that he doesn't believe Block is irrelevant - regardless of his controversial views.

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

I seem to recall so...but regardless, Block has supported RP and his libertarian efforts more than most "visible" libertarians. Pretty cool guy IMO, whether you agree with him or not (and I disagree with him on a few things).
    Yes, I met him when I invited him to speak at PaulFest. He was a most gracious man. He invited Mark and I to dinner but we couldn't do it because of time constraints.

Liar.

Block deserves a pass for his Ron Paul rally speech. He should have come out and talked more like Butler Schaffer who I remember delivering an excellent speech that explained anarchy to the crowd in a very palatable way.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    He also apologized, if you'll recall.
    Actually I don't, but if you have a link I'd be interesting in reading that...

First, he didn't advocate for abortion, but evictionism, an attempt to placate both sides of the abortion issue. And yes, he did express regret over his choice of topics later, as it was not the best place for that kind of speech. You're not worth the time it would take to find a link.

Here.

Why did I do this? Why did I give a speech entirely different than the one I promised to give? I just plain forgot my promise to the Ron Paul people who had invited me to give this talk. I honestly believe that this was the first time I ever did any such thing. There may well be “thousands of hosts who will attest that I never, ever, not even once, agreed to speak on a given topic and then without permission lectured on something else entirely.” However, there is now this one exception, to my utter shame.

To say that I have learned an important lesson from this episode of mine would be a serious understatement. In the future, I will certainly be more careful to abide by promises and obligations, and to adhere to agreed upon topics in my public speaking undertakings.

I want to thank Debbie Hopper, and also Ron Paul, for the gentle way they have both treated me in the aftermath of my Tampa speech. As I said to both of them in personal communication, “Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa. I don’t think I have ever been as embarrassed in all of my professional life as I am now. I have no excuse at all. My only explanation is that I simply forgot about my agreement. Not only do I now apologize to you, Debbie, for what I did, I also also apologize for my initial reaction to your entirely justified, and very measured criticism.”

I also apologize to Ron, to the approximately 11,000 attendees, and to the many more people who witnessed my contract-violating talk via the web. I thank you, Debbie, for your graciousness in realizing that I would never, ever do anything of this sort purposefully.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...debbie-hopper/

First, he didn't advocate for abortion, but evictionism, an attempt to placate both sides of the abortion issue. And yes, he did express regret over his choice of topics later, as it was not the best place for that kind of speech. You're not worth the time it would take to find a link.
    Its a horribly bad attempt though, to be honest. It wouldn't be any better if he had said one has a right to "evict" ones 5 year old child from ones house during a blizzard. I greatly admire Block but he is effectively "pro-choice" at least for now, which I disagree with very strongly.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Its a horribly bad attempt though, to be honest. It wouldn't be any better if he had said one has a right to "evict" ones 5 year old child from ones house during a blizzard. I greatly admire Block but he is effectively "pro-choice" at least for now, which I disagree with very strongly.
    I really don't care to debate this in this thread.

Let's not let Collins win by attacking the man, a classic troll tactic.

For the latest on the debate:

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com...to-wenzel.html

I really don't care to debate this in this thread.

Let's not let Collins win by attacking the man, a classic troll tactic.

For the latest on the debate:

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com...to-wenzel.html
    Its fine if you don't want to debate it, but I'm not attacking Block. As I said, I like Block on almost everything, just not the abortion issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast