Page 105 of 112 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 3352

Thread: What's for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Doesn't look like any Shwarma I've ever had. And I LOVE SHWARMA. <3
    I wouldn't recommend to go to a random Dutch eatery to get good shawarma meat.. There are a lot of places, not a lot of good ones. I would agree with you on that picture. But there's no meat to be seen, really. The meat is covered by the lettuce, that's the idea.
    "I am a bird"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Porterhouses tonight. Tenderloins last night.
    Do something Danke

Tonight the boys are eating chicken wings and I'm having a salad and the last bowl of onion soup leftovers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Cajun bird-boobs on the grill and cold shrimp salad..

dupe grr...
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 06-10-2018 at 03:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I wouldn't recommend to go to a random Dutch eatery to get good shawarma meat.. There are a lot of places, not a lot of good ones. I would agree with you on that picture. But there's no meat to be seen, really. The meat is covered by the lettuce, that's the idea.
    Huh? Does not compute. Falafel wraps have lots of lettuce and whatnot(so much it falls out when you bite into it), but proper shwarma won't have near as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

It's freezer clean out time. I defrosted some green chili that's been in the freezer a really long time. I'm gonna be honest, it tastes a little funky but that's whats for dinner. I put a spoonful on a tortilla and it took a lot of hot sauce to cover the freezer taste.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

I made a big wooden platter filled with:

-Flat iron steaks, grilled on the bbq to med-rare and sliced.
    -Sweet potatoes baked on the bbq.
    -Grilled vegetables, bell pepper, onions, spring onions, as uncut as possible, grilled until black, to be peeled and eaten.
    -Pickled mixture of vegetables including turnips and carrots..

It was amazing. Everything was gone in 15minutes. Even though I thought I had too much of everything. Turned out I should have had more.
    "I am a bird"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Worth mentioning; frozen pizza... First time in years. Now I remember why.
    "I am a bird"

Tonight , burgers and peach pie
    Do something Danke

Cajun shrimp-n-corn chowder over rice.

Ramen noodles. Just like the college kids.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I'm going to have asparagus and mushroom risotto. *drool* (I haven't eaten since breakfast, so I'm starving)
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Sirloin tips with mushrooms & onions , hash browns and eggs over easy .
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I nibbled all day. Yogurt, strawberries, almonds, sunflower seeds, salad, grapefruit fruit cup, and a piece of grilled chicken. Right now, I'm seriously considering a spoonful of peanut butter.

Tomorrow, I'm trying a new recipe for Pollock. It's glazed with a soy sauce/brown sugar/green onion/sesame oil concoction with a sesame seed crust.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I nibbled all day. Yogurt, strawberries, almonds, sunflower seeds, salad, grapefruit fruit cup, and a piece of grilled chicken. Right now, I'm seriously considering a spoonful of peanut butter.

Tomorrow, I'm trying a new recipe for Pollock. It's glazed with a soy sauce/brown sugar/green onion/sesame oil concoction with a sesame seed crust.
    That sound s similar to the glaze I sometimes use on short ribs without the sesame seeds
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    That sound s similar to the glaze I sometimes use on short ribs without the sesame seeds
    Yeah, Mr A accused me of ripping off a similar steak marinade. I told him to take it up with some lady on Pinterest. I like soy sauce on ribs, btw.

I was thinking about eating something but I might just have a cigarette and a cold beer.

I was thinking about eating something but I might just have a cigarette and a cold beer.
    That is how I stayed so thin when I was young .
    Do something Danke

Tonight is shrimp scampi , mashed potatoes .
    Do something Danke

Tonight is shrimp scampi , mashed potatoes .
    We had shrimp, too. Me and #2 son. Mr A and #1 had a steak. I accidentally burned it but I served it with the good side up.

The owner of the company iI work for is in town and taking us to The Palm. I havent had red meat in 9 weeks bt may have to make an exception for their filet steaks.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ribeyes on the grill with leftover shrimp scampi and mashed potatoes .
    Do something Danke

I made Mr A and my oldest son lamb shanks, Greek potatoes, and zucchini. My youngest son had grilled fish with the potatoes and zucchini and I had zucchini, a big salad, and 5 big shrimp that were leftover from last night.

I'm not a big lamb person but I have to admit, the shanks don't suck. Mr A and #1 love them. Here's the exact recipe I use. I literally put on this youtube and cook with her.

Yeah, Mr A accused me of ripping off a similar steak marinade. I told him to take it up with some lady on Pinterest. I like soy sauce on ribs, btw.
    I ripped off muh korean short rib recipe from an old korean lady in Tacoma that I first meet while she was taking my beer cans for recycling from muh dumpster.
    Do something Danke

I ripped off muh korean short rib recipe from an old korean lady in Tacoma that I first meet while she was taking my beer cans for recycling from muh dumpster.
    Nice. That Korean lady had a lucrative gig going. I collected empties for extra cash. My mom made me quit because my can pile was attracting too many bees and mosquitoes to the yard and it was an eyesore. That was fine. I made more money walking around picking up change and cleaning out my dad's pockets, anyway.

The worst thing I've done for a recipe is I conned (with the help of my cousin) my aunt with dementia out of her super secret graham cracker cake recipe. After my father passed away, I was talking to my cousin and he mentioned my aunt (my dad's sister) needed a lift chair. Well, we had my dad's lift chair and I offered to give it to him. He wanted to give me something for it but I felt bad taking money and then I remembered her cracker cake was always one of my favorite things to eat and she would never give out the recipe. For years, I tried every con in the book to get that damn recipe from that woman but she wouldn't budge. I was worried the deal wasn't going to go through when we got there with the chair because my cousin said he couldn't give me the recipe right away - he was afraid she would figure out what I was up to. Anyway, he ended up sending it to me on FB so there it is. I scammed my crazy old aunt out of her recipe. It's the only good thing she ever made. I think she had a cracker cookbook because she also made cracker salad for family reunions - she swore it tasted "just like potato salad, without the potatoes", lol. I suspect that aunt always had a screw loose because she also told me she thought my dad was going to "grow up to be a midget". o_O

Yesterday , pulled pork off the smoker and smoked chicken halves . Today , Ribeyes on the grill.
    Do something Danke

I didn't feel like cooking so I made a big salad. Mr A brought the boys some chicken wings. They don't consider salad a meal.