Page 97 of 112 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,910 of 3352

Thread: What's for dinner?

Tonight, I'm home alone so I'm just going to eat what I can forage - some leftover Brussel sprouts, steamed cabbage, and a bite or two of refried beans. BUT I made some awesome meatballs for our day at the lake tomorrow. I plan on making meatball sammiches. Since we're going to my girlfriend's house, we have use of an oven.

Meatball recipe
    2lbs ho-made spicy Italian sausage (I don't stuff it in casing. I just leave it ground)
    2lbs ground turkey
    1 stick of Margarita's pepperoni in a natural casing (I grind it to a pulp in my Ninja)

Cook meatballs and and add to sauce (I don't drain the fat. I tastes good)

Sammich recipe

Good sub rolls smeared with heart clogging amounts of garlic butter
    Munster or Gouda cheese (it's what we have)

Pop bread in oven and let cheese melt, add meatballs and sauce, and top with diced up pickled green tomatoes. I make my own. Sounds gross but they're delicious and they add just the right amount of acid to the sammich.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We have another T-bone like the one seen grilling above. Gonna grill it then make fajitas with grilled red pepper, onion and garden squash.

So, basically, I'm grilling.

Pizza & Bourbon.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Pizza & Bourbon.
    That would be my death row meal.

I was annoyed with Mr Animal and worried my evening was going to be a bust but it ended up being fun. I organized a get together on a rooftop patio but it was pouring down rain. Luckily, it cleared up in time for pre-dinner cocktails and the staff had the patio dried up nicely. We got to the restaurant with good food one block up right before the sky opened and it started raining again. Mr A made up for annoying me by getting the car and making sure everyone got back to their vehicles dry. It made me happy that he was so helpful because he sure wasn't cooperating earlier today.

I shared a Whiskey Shrimp and a Stuffed Grouper with Mr A. He pretty much ate them both. Their food is great but their portions are too small for him to fill up on so I let him have most of mine. We stopped at Racetrac on the way home for ice cream because he was still hungry. I got a coffee and he got a chocolate cake cone. He let me have the last two bites - those are the best bites of a cake cone. I love eating the little cells filled with ice cream in the bottom of the cone.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Beer batter fish deep fried with non-gmo fried potatoes, non-gmo corn on the cob, non-gmo okra and non-gmo cole slaw.

What can I say? I'm a safety guy. Well, I used coconut oil, so...I dunno. Screw it.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-30-2017 at 08:02 PM.

Bacon wrapped shrimp with a box of wine and I'm gonna eat it right in front of my Sacred Heart of Jesus picture.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    BBQ chicken , beer , cherry pie .
    Do something Danke

BBQ chicken , beer , cherry pie .
    Canadian beer, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Canadian beer, I hope.
    Ice cold Molson Golden .
    Do something Danke

Ice cold Molson Golden .
    Mr A likes Molson Canadian.

Ribs, cole slaw, baked beans, and watermelon. *sigh* I've got a terrible chest cold and can't quit coughing. I told Mr A I wanted to take it easy but between him and the kids, we're having people over for dinner/swim/fireworks tonight. They don't understand what the big deal is - they're buying fireworks (they told me that like it was the real work, lol), I only have to do everything else for their party.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Ribs, cole slaw, baked beans, and watermelon. *sigh* I've got a terrible chest cold and can't quit coughing. I told Mr A I wanted to take it easy but between him and the kids, we're having people over for dinner/swim/fireworks tonight. They don't understand what the big deal is - they're buying fireworks (they told me that like it was the real work, lol), I only have to do everything else for their party.
    You been puking at midnight? Thats how it was for me two months ago.

Last thing I would want is somebody coughing nonstop and with a chest cold handling the food and party plans.... just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamp View Post
    You been puking at midnight? Thats how it was for me two months ago.
    I don't feel nauseous, at all. I just have a cough.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Last thing I would want is somebody coughing nonstop and with a chest cold handling the food and party plans.... just saying.
    Me, too. I took some cough syrup and washed my hands. Hopefully, no one gets sick. The cough syrup is making me sleepy but I'm not coughing anymore.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Crock pot pot roast w/ carrots, baby reds and onions. With a side of the first mess o' green beans from our garden. I'm more excited about the side than all the rest.

Spicy fried chicken

Burgers on the grill.
    Do something Danke

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Italian BMT with olives, pickles and jalapenos.

Made burgers, baked beans, deviled eggs and these asparagus things.

Attachment 5784

Onion soup (muh eyes) and my bean soup.

Mr A has been wanting onion soup and I had a bunch of onions I needed to use up so, there ya go. I'm not in the mood for it so I made a little pot of beans for myself. I use a can of Northern beans, a handful of slaw mix, and a packet of white chili seasoning. If it needs more flavor, I'll throw in a little chicken stock. I'm gonna have muh beans with an avocado cut up on top. I love bean soup with avocado.

Turkey taco salad for dinner and right now (brunch), I'm having a bowl of vanilla greek yogurt with blueberries and almonds. I've gotten into buying the vanilla and mixing in my own stuff. For one, it tastes better and two, my youngest son only likes vanilla yogurt. This way, I don't have to buy a ton of little cups with different flavors. I also think it's cheaper.

Cilantro lime chicken, mexican street corn, pea salad, cucumber salad

Attachment 5795

Attachment 5792

Attachment 5793

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3620.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	651.4 KB 
ID:	5794

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Shrimp scampi-n- garlic bread.

New Mexican food truck set up down the road. Damned this guy and his wife are good! Has the Mexican corn tacos with meat, onions and cilantro. I love that taste. He also has 'El California,' which was on a flour shell with lettuce, cheese and sour cream. The big sell was his "special hot sauce." Not just the typical red and green which, to me, come in at the same heat but different taste. No. This $#@! was awesome. It was too much if you squirted a lime on the taco along with it. Took milk and white bread to cool it down enough to taste the other meat tacos from scratch without a sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    New Mexican food truck set up down the road. Damned this guy and his wife are good! Has the Mexican corn tacos with meat, onions and cilantro. I love that taste. He also has 'El California,' which was on a flour shell with lettuce, cheese and sour cream. The big sell was his "special hot sauce." Not just the typical red and green which, to me, come in at the same heat but different taste. No. This $#@! was awesome. It was too much if you squirted a lime on the taco along with it. Took milk and white bread to cool it down enough to taste the other meat tacos from scratch without a sauce.
    Tacos de carne asada ....those are my favorites. So simple but on point. Sounds like some good eatin'. Mr Animal got me into going to this little Mexican grocery store that has an old lady with a flat grill in the back by the meat case You can go in there and pick out your meat and have her fix it up for ya. Great food and cheap as hell, too.

Chili beans, cornbread (my first time making it & I haven't tried it yet, it's cooling now) and a big, colorful salad.

Pretty tasty dinner tonight if I do say so myself.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Went to the Asian Buffet for dinner. I hate buffets BUT I make an exception for this one because they have made to order hibachi and sushi. It's very good and unbeatable at 12.00 a person. So, I grab a few bites of sushi to nibble on whilst I'm waiting for my dinner and am reminded why we don't go there more often. Here come my sons and Mr Animal with plates piled with food. It was disgusting. Mr A ate sausage off a Chinese buffet, ffs. WTF? Is he trying to get food poisoning. Anyway, I was finished eating at least 30 minutes when they finally decided to get dessert. So I'm sitting there and my son has a gigantic bowl of ice cream in front of him and he's just talking. Not eating. I was so done, I told him to shut up and eat. I had to get the hell out of there. On the way home, they trolled me. They kept suggesting places to stop for dessert because I rushed them out. We were there a damn hour. If you can't get filled up and have time for dessert, you have an eating disorder that needs addressing.

BTW, I just heard my oldest son rummaging in the kitchen for a snack. o_O

Page 97 of 112 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast