Page 108 of 112 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,240 of 3352

Thread: What's for dinner?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I dunno. I would love a meal but I'm lazy and it's just me so I'll eat peanut butter and eat vicariously through this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Popcorn shrimp
    Do something Danke

I'm making a sub/salad. A sub without the sub roll.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Fried chicken wings
    Do something Danke

Typical Dutch food, potatoes mashed roughly with raw endive. Lots of pieces of fried pork belly (crispy) and smoked (and fried) sausage... Gravy made from the rendered pork fat and beef stock. Simple but good.
    "I am a bird"

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Well . . . uh . . . my Belgian White Ale special diet . . .
    but I'll usually add maybe a DiGiornio frozen supreme if I can make it to the convenience store before midnight. Jus' sayin'
    Last edited by Jan2017; 08-14-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Meatloaf , mashed potatoes , corn on the cob , green olives , potato salad .
    Do something Danke

I ate a ham sammich with tortilla chips on it. I love chips on a ham sammich.

A Pecan pie .
    Do something Danke

It's a while ago since I used my egg to make dinner, at least 3 weeks. But I got a few bags of charcoal again

BBQ'd bavette with homemade pepper sauce.
    Whole onions, vine tomatoes and sweetcorn, clarified garlic butter.
    Roast potatoes and sour cream.

Needless to say, I am stuffed. I had a great meal. Got the bavette to around medium, which is about good for bavette. Now I am wondering what to do with this leftover cognac from the pepper sauce.
    "I am a bird"

Spicy chicken curry on rice.

Working on emptying out the freezer.

Mr A and #1 son are having some Italian sausage stuffed poblanos and number two son and I are having crab cakes and a small lobster tail.

Habanero garlic burgers

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    There should be a bay leaf in it. I forgot to mention it.
    I made a big pot of chili last week and spent 15 minutes at the end trying to find the big bay leaf I had put in while it simmered all day.
    I finally gave up in exasperation and called in backup. DW spent a few minutes trying to spoon it out, "Are you sure you put one in?" "Yes."

She turned the pot around on the burner and said, "You're a retard." She reached in and plucked off the leaf that had been stuck to the sidewall above the chili. Casually tossed it into the trash and walked away...

Made a big pot of Lentil stew today. Now I don't generally like lentils as I think they taste like dirt (yes, I rinse them); but everybody I make food for --excluding my boy-- likes them. So I reviewed a great number of lentil soup recipes online and came up with one of my own taking those as inspiration. DW gave me the rare compliment of "That was great, save that recipe." so here it is. btw, I thought it turned out awesome too.

Ingredients
    3 quarts of beef broth
    1 quart of pacific roasted red pepper soup
    1 garlic bulb
    1 large yellow/sweet onion
    1.5lbs brown lentils
    1lb carrots (chopped)
    1 large can (28oz) diced tomatoes
    1 large handful of chopped fresh basil
    1 large handful of chopped fresh Italian parsley
    ample amounts of: salt, black pepper, turmeric, cumin, sage, thyme

you can figure out how to build it yourself if you want.

Scored big today. Free lunch at Olive Garden and Dinner at Chipotle Two for One.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Mashed potatoes.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Beef-n-barley soup...

I have a possum on the rotisserie for Danke and beef stew for me .
    Do something Danke

Rotini with meat sauce, BBQ chicken, and mashed potatoes.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I tried some 18th century inspired cooking last night, got most of the ideas from James Townsend and Son's Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/jastownsendandson

I made a meat pie with chunks of chuck roast and and a suet pastry crust on top.

I got some suet on Amazon, which is shredded (into pellets) kidney fat from beef. It's very hard, so it's sort of like vegetable shortening except really good for you. It has a very high melting point, so it helps pastries hold their shape while also remaining soft/buttery in the mouth and gives it a nice crisp on the outside.

I mixed the suet pellets with some flour, baking powder, salt and cold water and made a dough for the top.

First, however, I diced an onion and sauted that in some kerrygold butter in my instant pot with some garlic/onion/green onion salt mix from TJ's and salt/pepper. Then I threw in the chunks of chuck roast which I had lightly seasoned with salt and pepper and a little flour and browned those. Then I put in some beef broth, beer, whiskey, Worcestershire sauce.

I cooked all that in the instant pot for 20 minutes on high pressure to get the meat tender.

Then I de-pressured the instant pot and mixed in some roast beef gravy mix, chopped carrots, mushrooms and peas and sauted till it all got hot. I forgot to put in some nutritional yeast, which is the main ingredient in some vegemite looking stuff I saw some british guy throw into his, and that is a shame.. I will have to try it next time.

Then I threw all that into a glass baking dish, then rolled out the dough and put that on top. Brushed the top of the dough with some milk, then baked at 350 for 45 - 60 min till the top was well browned.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hot wings , mashed potatoes and gravy .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I tried some 18th century inspired cooking last night, got most of the ideas from James Townsend and Son's Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/jastownsendandson

I made a meat pie with chunks of chuck roast and and a suet pastry crust on top.

I got some suet on Amazon, which is shredded (into pellets) kidney fat from beef. It's very hard, so it's sort of like vegetable shortening except really good for you. It has a very high melting point, so it helps pastries hold their shape while also remaining soft/buttery in the mouth and gives it a nice crisp on the outside.

I mixed the suet pellets with some flour, baking powder, salt and cold water and made a dough for the top.

First, however, I diced an onion and sauted that in some kerrygold butter in my instant pot with some garlic/onion/green onion salt mix from TJ's and salt/pepper. Then I threw in the chunks of chuck roast which I had lightly seasoned with salt and pepper and a little flour and browned those. Then I put in some beef broth, beer, whiskey, Worcestershire sauce.

I cooked all that in the instant pot for 20 minutes on high pressure to get the meat tender.

Then I de-pressured the instant pot and mixed in some roast beef gravy mix, chopped carrots, mushrooms and peas and sauted till it all got hot. I forgot to put in some nutritional yeast, which is the main ingredient in some vegemite looking stuff I saw some british guy throw into his, and that is a shame.. I will have to try it next time.

Then I threw all that into a glass baking dish, then rolled out the dough and put that on top. Brushed the top of the dough with some milk, then baked at 350 for 45 - 60 min till the top was well browned.
    That is a whole lot of words and a lot of work... and yet I must have missed the conclusion. How was it?! I guess it was ruined because you forgot the nutritional yeast and had to throw it in the trash?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    That is a whole lot of words and a lot of work... and yet I must have missed the conclusion. How was it?! I guess it was ruined because you forgot the nutritional yeast and had to throw it in the trash?
    It turned out great - the crust came out brown but I wish I had browned it a little bit more so there was a higher crunch to sog ratio. I've never had nutritional yeast in a beef stew and was really looking forward to that.. but it was still a solid beef stew.

The instant pot made it pretty easy. You can saute in there, then add your liquids, then melt down the connective tissue really fast, then take the lid off, make some gravy with the liquid, add the veggies, put all that in a glass baking dish, throw a crust on top then bake the crust till brown.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

PB&J

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    meh to "jersey" mikes, nobody in jersey goes there, they just go to the mf*cking wawa. I feel bad for the people without wawas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I never heard of mf*cking wawa. Mr Animal is fond of subs because they're a big deal in Buffalo and all over the northeast. Y'all are a sammich lovin' people. I've had great subs in Buffalo (Mr A's favorites are John & Mary's and Violas) and I get what you're saying but for my town, Jersey Mikes is as good as it gets. Publix has good subs too but our Publix deli is as slow as molasses in the winter and the parking lot is a pain in the ass.
    see, toldja:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...ite/ar-BBPOs99
    The fine dining website The Daily Meal recently ranked the Best Sandwiches In America for 2018. Contenders included Panera, Subway, Firehouse Subs, Jersey Mike's, Arby’s and Jimmy John's among others. But Wawa, a Pennsylvania-based chain with 790 locations on the East Coast, is known for its made-to-order sandwiches, which currently includes a Thanksgiving-themed Hot Turkey Gobbler made up of turkey, gravy, stuffing and cranberry sauce, all on a hoagie roll.

The best sandwich rankings are:
    Wawa, which rose four places to unseat the 2017 sandwich category winner

Firehouse Subs, which slipped 15 percentage points to land in second place this year

Jersey Mike’s was third
    Jimmy John’s
    Jason’s Deli
    McAlister’s Deli

A chain of over 640 convenience stores (many offering gasoline), Wawa stores are located in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C., and Florida, according to the company's website. The stores offer a fresh food service selection, including Wawa brands such as built-to-order hoagies, freshly-brewed coffee, the “Sizzli” -- a hot breakfast sandwich, soups, sides and snacks, Wawa Wraps and hot, iced and frozen specialty beverages.

Steak & shrimp fajitas and a couple gallons of Dos Equis .
    Do something Danke

Homemade macaroni and cheese and some leftover Witt’s.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Fried cornbread and pecan pie

I'm cooking for Thanksgivings (I have one tomorrow and one Thursday) and day drinking so I figured the men would be cool with fried cornbread and pecan pie for dinner. I also have a bimbo from work texting me that she really really really really really needs to be off tonight and it would be super cool if I covered her shift. I responded with, "Can't, I'm drunk." The best part was, she texted me at 10 am. I wasn't really drunk at 10am but I was pretty sure I was gonna be by 5pm.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.