Page 21 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    What about sausage?
    Lamb sausage?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just sliced an avocado in half, sprinkled it with himalayan pink salt, and ate it with a spoon.

I have read reports of Japanese and Russians soldiers eating captive warriors during WW II for strength. Any one know if this practice helps?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Lamb sausage?
    What ever floats your boat, I guess.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

What ever floats your boat, I guess.
    I do eat pork and beef sausage and no I don't want to know what's in it. I really could become a vegetarian for a little of nothing but I guess I have carnivore genes.

... but I guess I have carnivore genes.
    That is not uncommon. Embrace it, like Suzanimal.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Venison steak, salad and cauliflower. Pretty tasty considering the venison is literally roadkill.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Just sliced an avocado in half, sprinkled it with himalayan pink salt, and ate it with a spoon.
    and two tubs of full-fat Greek yogurt.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find traditional Greek yogurt that has not been stripped of all it's tasty fat??? It's all either lowfat or nofat. screw you health nuts. If I wanted my yogurt fatless I'd eat paper towels instead.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    How is that lamb? I really have to get used to the taste of lamb or find a good recipe. I have had lamb a couple of times and it has a certain smell to it that I cannot get it pasted my nose to my mouth.
    The trick to lamb is a side of mint apple jelly. Unfortunately most mint apple jelly has HFCS, but you can probably find some with regular sugar or make your own.

For this cut, I recommend searing in a cast iron skillet on all 3 sides, then put the skillet in the oven at about 375 for 20 minutes or so, you want it to be about medium rare to medium.

Let it rest for 12 minutes or so, then cut between each rib and make them into chops. Eat with your hands, right off the bone. Dip in mint apple jelly, or a mint apple yogurt sauce would be good too.

Slow cooked lamb roasts are great too, but I highly recommend the apple mint jelly.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find traditional Greek yogurt that has not been stripped of all it's tasty fat??? It's all either lowfat or nofat. screw you health nuts. If I wanted my yogurt fatless I'd eat paper towels instead.
    Yeah, that irked me for quite a while, so I was making my own using full-fat milk. No way I'd give low-fat to my kid, but now Walmart actually carries full-fat, and I can sometimes find Fage and Oikos in full-fat versions, only in plain though, which is fine by me because they add too much sugar to the flavored versions.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Amy has the Internet tonight, frick.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Amy has the Internet tonight, frick.
    That's right. Behave yourself, man.

I love avocados with French dressing. I bought some yogurt called Noosa that's really thick.

I love avocados with French dressing. I bought some yogurt called Noosa that's really thick.
    Huh. Never tried that. I like french dressing with blue cheese crumbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Huh. Never tried that. I like french dressing with blue cheese crumbles.
    I like it poured on cottage cheese too.

I have read reports of Japanese and Russians soldiers eating captive warriors during WW II for strength. Any one know if this practice helps?
    Have you asked oyarde?
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Have you asked oyarde?
    No, good point, I should.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The trick to lamb is a side of mint apple jelly. Unfortunately most mint apple jelly has HFCS, but you can probably find some with regular sugar or make your own.

For this cut, I recommend searing in a cast iron skillet on all 3 sides, then put the skillet in the oven at about 375 for 20 minutes or so, you want it to be about medium rare to medium.

Let it rest for 12 minutes or so, then cut between each rib and make them into chops. Eat with your hands, right off the bone. Dip in mint apple jelly, or a mint apple yogurt sauce would be good too.

Slow cooked lamb roasts are great too, but I highly recommend the apple mint jelly.
    Thanks. I will give that a try.

Apple Mint Jelly (without HFCS):

5 Magical Mint Sauces for Your (Organic!) Easter Lamb

Mint Jelly Recipe
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I was raised with mint sauce that's made by dissolving sugar in vinegar and letting the mint leaves steep for weeks or months in the solution, keep refrigerated...

I'm going to a potluck pool party tonight. I'm taking watermelon, baked beans with bacon, beer, and a fresh box of Franzia Chillable Red.

I'm going to a potluck pool party tonight. I'm taking watermelon, baked beans with bacon, beer, and a fresh box of Franzia Chillable Red.
    Roast a habanero or three to add to the bacon beans..

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Roast a habanero or three to add to the bacon beans..
    That sounds good but there are going to be a lot of little kids and I don't want them $#@!ting the pool up.

That sounds good but there are going to be a lot of little kids and I don't want them $#@!ting the pool up.
    My kid's started eating more peppers but he's fond of sweet/hot in the same dish, he's no longer little either...

*Chuckling* Reminds me of this scene in Caddy Shack.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    *Chuckling* Reminds me of this scene in Caddy Shack.

Reminds me of my redneck cousins. We went to a pool party at their house and when their toddler crapped in the pool, they didn't blink an eye - just fished it out with the pool net. I thought Mr Animal was going to be sick.

Reminds me of my redneck cousins. We went to a pool party at their house and when their toddler crapped in the pool, they didn't blink an eye - just fished it out with the pool net. I thought Mr Animal was going to be sick.
    LOL!

BBQ ribs, fresh cut corn, red cabbage slaw, tater salad and baked beans. Chicken soaking in buttermilk for frying tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    BBQ ribs, fresh cut corn, red cabbage slaw, tater salad and baked beans. Chicken soaking in buttermilk for frying tomorrow.
    Did ya' remember to brine it?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Did ya' remember to brine it?
    . I add salt to the buttermilk so have always considered the buttermilk process a brine. Dunno, it's ma-maw's recipe and it ain't failed me yet.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    . I add salt to the buttermilk so have always considered the buttermilk process a brine. Dunno, it's ma-maw's recipe and it ain't failed me yet.
    I've never done it that way but it'd sure save a step....

I'll try that next time I'm frying a batch.

Thanks!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to phill4paul again.

Page 21 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast