Page 40 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 3352

Thread: What's for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Thanks, I've decided to cut back on the candy.
    coward.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    coward.
    I've been eating like an unsupervised child at a birthday party. It's got to stop. Mr Animal came down for a glass of water, saw my pile of wrappers (I'll throw them away when I get up to pee), and gave me a look (a candy shaming look) and said he was going to take the rest of the candy to work tomorrow today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I've been eating like an unsupervised child at a birthday party. It's got to stop. Mr Animal came down for a glass of water, saw my pile of wrappers (I'll throw them away when I get up to pee), and gave me a look (a candy shaming look) and said he was going to take the rest of the candy to work tomorrow today.

walmart has a sale on halloween candy.

Mr Animal followed through on his threat and took all muh Halloween candy to work with him.

Muh Candy!!!
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Chicken wings and beer. I was going to have Franzia but B4L's beer thread got me in the mood for a brewski.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...macare-vs-Beer

Ive gone 98 % vegan due to becoming diabetic. I had an awesome quinoa stuffed artichoke wrapped in grape leaves with a side of asparagus and a bowl of red lentil soup.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Potato Leek soup and 5 cheese Greek spiral.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Ive gone 98 % vegan due to becoming diabetic.
    What does veganism have to do with diabetes?
    Last edited by specsaregood; 11-08-2015 at 05:29 PM.

I'm going to cook Chicken Cordon Blue. This is my 2nd time to do this. I failed during my first try. So later let's see the outcome. Btw, I'm going to follow Betty Crocker's recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    What does veganism have to do with diabetes?
    Its about cutting out the fat more than anything else. Many doctors now believe a plant based diet is better. Also I can eat more fruit, grains etc., than on a high protein, low carb diet. So far its working well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by alivecream View Post
    I'm going to cook Chicken Cordon Blue. This is my 2nd time to do this. I failed during my first try. So later let's see the outcome. Btw, I'm going to follow Betty Crocker's recipe.
    If the roulade is the part giving you trouble, you could do the same thing with the chicken breasts flat. That recipe doesn't really appeal to me, though, because I would think the mustard would be a little overwhelming shoved inside the chicken like that.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Up early smokin' a butt. 12 hrs. from now will have pulled pork plates.

The spa my mom goes to called to invite us to an event tonight. They're promoting some kind of filler injections and after giving me the sales pitch, I told Renee we weren't interested in that stuff. That's when she pulled out the big guns - lots of giveaways, free hor d'oeuvres, and an open bar. Yay! We're going. Mr Animal teases me about going out to eat at free events. He had to admit the spa has really good food though. They've always got little snacks out and he got the stink eye for eating all the chocolate covered walnuts once whilst waiting for me to get a facial.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-22-2016 at 12:03 AM.

Pastelón de Plátano Maduro and probably a small side salad of spinach, tomatoes, and mini sweet peppers.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Pastelón de Plátano Maduro and probably a small side salad of spinach, tomatoes, and mini sweet peppers.
    I had to look that up, that sounds intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I had to look that up, that sounds intriguing.
    Hopefully you got a decent link. I've seen some wretched things online that included frying or microwaving.

It's a layered arrangement that kind of looks like lasagna when you're done. The plantain layer should be super sweet plantains, boiled and mashed/riced, with nothing added except potentially a shave of butter or a pinch of brown sugar if they were not ripe enough. Then you add picadillo or whatever your house ground/shredded meat is. I've made it with spicy pulled pork before and it was incredible, but tonight it's just plain old ground beef (with sauce and seasoning and veggies, of course). Another layer of plantain mixture follows, then a generous cap of cheese, and it all gets heated together until the cheese is hot and browned a bit.

My parents will have white rice on the side, but I'm not really a white rice fan as a side for most things, so I will put together a little salad.

I'm home alone tonight and don't feel like cooking or messing up dishes so I ate tuna out of the can and a tomato. It was meh...

I'm home alone tonight and don't feel like cooking or messing up dishes so I ate tuna out of the can and a tomato. It was meh...
    I had hummus and whole wheat pita chips.

dd
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-17-2016 at 05:14 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	4631

Navy bean with veggies soup

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I had chicken stew and bagels.

Chicken saltimbocca, fettuccini, and tostones.

Maria Callenders chicken pot pie. Ole ladie's looking after a nephew and have the house to myself. That means listening to hard rock on "11." Nothing fancy. PBR and microwaved pot pie. Gotta slum it sometimes. Meh.

Fermented Grapes.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvikalpa View Post
    Fermented Grapes.
    Are you visiting Suz?

We went out. I had red snapper, tabouli and broccoli.

Just transferred a little over a gallon of Bolognese sauce to the crock pot to simmer......

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 40 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast