Page 7 of 112 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner?

(yesterday) I had wagyu burgers, sausages and bacon, wood fired but in a pan because otherwise all the delicious fats would drip out. Perfect fatty burgers with a slight smoky flavor. Sausages and bacon were fried in the same fat with some onions and garlic.. A big sourdough bread to dip in the juices.

Eating a bit less today, I'm thinking an omelette with some grilled vegetables. I'm also making some croissant dough, haven't had any proper croissants in a long time so that will be nice along with some black coffee for breakfast the coming week (the dough stores well).
    "I am a bird"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    (yesterday) I had wagyu burgers, sausages and bacon, wood fired but in a pan because otherwise all the delicious fats would drip out. Perfect fatty burgers with a slight smoky flavor. Sausages and bacon were fried in the same fat with some onions and garlic.. A big sourdough bread to dip in the juices.

Eating a bit less today, I'm thinking an omelette with some grilled vegetables. I'm also making some croissant dough, haven't had any proper croissants in a long time so that will be nice along with some black coffee for breakfast the coming week (the dough stores well).
    No pizza? are you feeling ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Right I know, normally I eat pizza's on Sunday... Well this week it's probably going to be Monday.
    "I am a bird"

You ate more than that, lol. Don't forget to tell everyone about the McKraken. I bet you're eating less today after the feast you had yesterday.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm having TMI chicken wings tonight.

Roast beast, roast potatoes-n-carrots, yorkshire pudding and of course gravy....

Yesterday. Smoked sausage, sauerkraut with onions and apples

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	3906

Half a chicken marinating in rub since yesterday. Will grill/smoke tonight. Side of tater salad. Mmm-mmm.

Blackened salmon, Veggetti with alfredo sauce, and salad.

Chicken Piccata with garden salad.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

We had broccoli quiche with a fruit salad.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	3937

Salad and venison.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

All I had was some oatmeal tonight. Was okay, I suppose. It had some walnuts in it. Except they were the black ones. Was an interesting taste.

Dang, Carlybee. Dinner at your house is like artwork.

Just started spicy yard bird in the crock pot

2- whole yard birds (chickens)
    1- large can pealed tomatoes
    2-drained cans of corn
    1# assorted peppers
    2-onions
    salt, chili powder, cayenne, dried and fresh garlic and cumin
    1# lentils or split peas

Cook on high until the birds fall apart, pour into a large bowl and working carefully spoon hot mixture onto a rimmed cookie sheet in order to remove bones and skin.

Shred meat and put meat-n-veggies back into crock pot continue cooking on low until supper time.

Good for tacos, enchiladas or any other chicken dish you like..

Yesterday. Boston Butt. On at 5am. Off at 7pm. Low and slow. Smokey, succulent perfection. Side of Red Cabbage slaw and baked beans. Today..leftovers.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    No pizza? are you feeling ok?
    Tonight I'm making pizza again.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Dang, Carlybee. Dinner at your house is like artwork.
    Sorry, I can't take credit for this..it was at a restaurant..I should have specified...but it was what was for dinner. . I do enjoy cooking though.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Two of the pizza's I made tonight. These are pretty small (±12") but I make a bunch of them with different flavors so it's more interesting.

Spicy ground beef / green chili's / some red onion and on the right salami.
    "I am a bird"

Two of the pizza's I made tonight. These are pretty small (±12") but I make a bunch of them with different flavors so it's more interesting.

Mmmm...that salami looks perfect - thick sliced with a puddle of grease in the middle. *wipes drool off chin*

Winner/winner pizza dinner! Looks great! My dad puts a pinch of dry oregano on top of his pepperoni slices. They absorb the grease and add a great flavor.

And the Boston Butt I made yesterday is just as succulent and moist reheated as it was off the smoker. Ole lady said it's the best I have ever done. The only explanation would be that I didn't "baby" it and check it every 45 minutes. So, instead of a consistent 225 degrees there were fluctuations between 225 and 300 checked every hour to an hour and a half while I instructed my nephews on some projects.

Luc, you gotta make one of these.
    A pizza taco - a paco? a tizza?

Yum..that looks awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Luc, you gotta make one of these.
    A pizza taco - a paco? a tizza?

Wowza! Did you make that?

Wowza! Did you make that?
    No. I wish.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder if luctor-et-emergo can do that twirly thing with the pizza dough and toss it up in the air and whatnot. I'll bet he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    No. I wish.
    You'd have to be really hungry to polish off one of those. I doubt I could eat a quarter of it.

Page 7 of 112 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast