Page 107 of 112 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,210 of 3352

Thread: What's for dinner?

Tur-taco salad or rotisserie chicken.

I pulled the turkey out of the freezer before I left for the doctor this morning but my appointment took way longer than expected and I ended up getting hungry. Since I was near Sams Club I ran in there and grabbed a rotisserie chicken. I sat in my car and ate some. I keep wet naps and disposable cutlery in the car so I can eat on the go. Aside from Taco Bell bean cups, I don't really care too much for fast food. Chick-fil-a is good but it's expensive. I can get a 5.00 chicken at Sams and it can feed me for lunch and all four of us for dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Had a super long day. Had to get up early and put my car in the shop..ugh. Too tired to cook after work so we went to Jason’s Deli and I had the black bean taco salad.

Seriously Spicy hummus I get from Aldis. It's the only hummus I like and I love it. I had it on some pretzel chips. I also had another tur-taco salad. Mr A and the boys admitted that they don't like tur-taco and would fend for themselves so I'm stuck eating tur-taco. I also had a bowl of cereal, a couple of spoonfuls of greek yogurt with blueberries and almonds, and a grapefruit cup. I might have another snack later. I'm feeling snacky.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Burgers & chips .
    Do something Danke

Thin spaghetti and BBQ chicken. It's pretty much what I eat everything I come home from work.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Thin spaghetti and BBQ chicken. It's pretty much what I eat everything I come home from work.
    Spaghetti and bbq, lol. There was a restaurant in our little town when we first moved out here that was an Italian and BBQ joint. They had the most bizarre menu. You could get chicken parm and/or bbq ribs. I only ever ate the buffalo shrimp. Oddly enough, they didn't have Buffalo chicken wings but they had Buffalo shrimp. They were pretty good.

I had lobster, scallops, and salad for lunch. It was my sons request. His birthday was yesterday and he's milking it.

I went intown and met Mr A and the boys at Nancy's Pizza. It was good but I ate way too much and I feel like I'm pregnant with a food baby.

Italian sausage w/ peppers-n-onions.

Burgers on the grill again .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Spaghetti and bbq, lol. There was a restaurant in our little town when we first moved out here that was an Italian and BBQ joint. They had the most bizarre menu. You could get chicken parm and/or bbq ribs. I only ever ate the buffalo shrimp. Oddly enough, they didn't have Buffalo chicken wings but they had Buffalo shrimp. They were pretty good.

I had lobster, scallops, and salad for lunch. It was my sons request. His birthday was yesterday and he's milking it.
    Last time I was in an Applebees they had some spicy Siracha shrimp on the appetizer list, not bad really .
    Do something Danke

Pork steaks in the crock pot, some soup $#@! to keep it from drying out. Mashed taters and canned veggies.
    "The Patriarch"

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pearsile View Post
    I want something grilled so bad, but I have no grill/smoker. Do you like grilled meat, guys? Maybe you can share some of your favorite recipes here?
    Ribeye soaked in Dales. Grilled.

DIY mini grill

Jan2017

Spaghetti / Italian Sausage

I dunno yet. I'm having a big bowl of blueberries right now.

Thinking about trying this recipe but I think I would add a little more of that sauce and cook the onions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Spaghetti / Italian Sausage

Jan2017

. . . I think I would add a little more of that sauce and cook the onions.
    It was after midnight last night and yes, more marinara was added as needed.
    Onion needed to be used quick, so I just cut it up as an afterthought. No leftovers.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 07-29-2018 at 06:38 PM.

Tried something new/different....

What with having several chuck roasts in the freezer and no hankering for conventional roast-n-taters........

I deboned 2 of them and sliced 'em cross-grain into 1" slices then marinaded the slices overnight in;

Ginger powder
    White sugar
    Worcestershire sauce
    1 minced fresh habannero

This morning I fired up the grill to scorching and seared all the pieces then threw them and the remaining marinade into the instant pot for 1/2 an hour

Worth sharing.................................Burp

Grilled tandoori chicken thighs to go with deviled eggs made earlier... paired with sliced cucumber from the garden in some Italian dressing.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Mr A finally had a whole day off and he cooked me ribs and then he took me out for a beer. The ribs were off the chain. He also made some baked beans. I love baked beans but his aren't my favorite. He cooks them on the stove top. That's not baked beans, that's stove top beans. o_O

1 pound of shrimp

1 Ghost chili

1 Bulb of garlic

1 Bunch fresh parsley

1 stick butter

1 Loaf crusty bread

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    1 pound of shrimp

1 Ghost chili

1 Bulb of garlic

1 Bunch fresh parsley

1 stick butter

1 Loaf crusty bread
    We're going to the beach next month. I'ma have to give that a try.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    1 pound of shrimp

1 Ghost chili

1 Bulb of garlic

1 Bunch fresh parsley

1 stick butter

1 Loaf crusty bread
    That does sound good. Is it called a ghost chili because it comes back to haunt you?

That does sound good. Is it called a ghost chili because it comes back to haunt you?
    I don't know but they're HOT, makes the dish though...

I like to add a pinch of salt too...

Was just looking for sandwich recipes and ran across these. They seem pretty spepcific to New Yok so it's no wonder I've ever heard of them. Easy peezy to make. Give them the full 3 days to marinade. It'd make a great game day dish. Was a little on the dry side for me so I added some caramelised Vidalia onion.

Spiedie Sandwich History and Recipe

https://whatscookingamerica.net/Hist...es/Spiedie.htm

BBQ Ribs tonight . I have been busy today .
    Do something Danke

Sometimes you just need a BLT

Prawns with ho-made carbonara and noodles. It was so friggin good. I feel pregnant with a food baby.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mr Animal made a pot of spicy beans. If I don't stop eating them, I'm gonna have to open the windows tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Was just looking for sandwich recipes and ran across these. They seem pretty spepcific to New Yok so it's no wonder I've ever heard of them. Easy peezy to make. Give them the full 3 days to marinade. It'd make a great game day dish. Was a little on the dry side for me so I added some caramelised Vidalia onion.

Spiedie Sandwich History and Recipe

https://whatscookingamerica.net/Hist...es/Spiedie.htm
    I regularly make something similar... Nomz.
    "I am a bird"