Page 64 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 3352

Thread: What's for dinner?

Dang. That's a purty sammich, Carlybee. That thing looks tasty.

I don't know what I'm going to have tonight. It's too late to start cooking and the boy's not home to want dinner. I could maybe put leftover chicken breast on a kaiser with some lettuce and tomato and be satisfied with that.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post

I don't know what I'm going to have tonight. It's too late to start cooking and the boy's not home to want dinner. I could maybe put leftover chicken breast on a kaiser with some lettuce and tomato and be satisfied with that.
    Left-over breast w/ bbq sauce, cheddar and bacon, lettuce and tomato on a kaiser. Dayum, wish I had a left over breast.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Dayum, wish I had a left over breast.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    FTFY....JUST NO!
    I mostly love ya man. Not this time though. Not in a food thread.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It was tasty..that bread is called Dave's Killer Bread.

Tonight's bean burritos and guac.....

[edit]
    Forget the "hot-sauce"....

Beans;

3# bacon diced cooked and drained
    3# roma tomatoes 1/4'd
    2 large yellow onions diced
    3# squash in season cubed
    4-5 cloves garlic minced
    30-50 serrano's diced
    20-30 jalapenos diced
    5-10 habaneros minced
    salt to taste
    1-2# prepared refried beans

After browning bacon and removing bacon from the skillet, pour off most of the grease for the dogs, dump all raw veggies into the skillet with the remaining grease and crunchies, cook over high heat stirring constantly until most moisture has evaporated, ( might have to open a window or two!) Turn heat down, add bacon, add enough beans just to hold mixture together...Simmer a while.

Serve on tortillas with grilled meat/cheese/guac/fresh veggies, etc...
    Last edited by tod evans; 06-25-2016 at 04:20 PM.

Went to a baby shower and the food was disgusting. I have never had a bad cupcake until today. I really wish my niece would quit cooking for this stuff - seriously, she $#@!ed up cupcakes. She made orange flavored cupcakes. They looked great but I took one bite and slid the rest in the garbage when no one was looking. I hate it when something looks yummy but tastes like crap, it's so disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Went to a baby shower and the food was disgusting. I have never had a bad cupcake until today. I really wish my niece would quit cooking for this stuff - seriously, she $#@!ed up cupcakes. She made orange flavored cupcakes. They looked great but I took one bite and slid the rest in the garbage when no one was looking. I hate it when something looks yummy but tastes like crap, it's so disappointing.
    I tasted a cinnamon roll like that...bit into it and it was like lard or something.

We had Frito Pie.

I had a half bag of shredded coconut and a lemon pie. I ate the whole pie, too. And I took a swig out of the Mrs. Butter-Worth's bottle. Heh. True story. So, now I'm in the mood for pancakes, too. I just don't feel like making them.

I had a half bag of shredded coconut and a lemon pie. I ate the whole pie, too. And I took a swig out of the Mrs. Butter-Worth's bottle. Heh. True story. So, now I'm in the mood for pancakes, too. I just don't feel like making them.
    Dang dude..quite the dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Dang dude..quite the dinner
    Yeah, I was ruffin it. Heh. Anyway, I'm freakin spontaneous, Carlybee. You know? Sometimes I just snatch up and eat what's within arms distance on a casual stroll through muh kitchen.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chicken tortellini alfredo with garlic roasted asparagus tips

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	5050

Made a cucumber salad too

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	5051

I just had some watermelon. I'm not feeling well today.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Rotisserie chicken and a super food salad with watermelon and grapes for dessert. I've been eating like $#@! lately and I think that's why my stomach's been bothering me. Back in my twenties, I could eat/drink anything and feel fine but since I hit my forties the list of foods/drinks that bother me, seems to grow by the day.

Rotisserie chicken and a super food salad with watermelon and grapes for dessert. I've been eating like $#@! lately and I think that's why my stomach's been bothering me. Back in my twenties, I could eat/drink anything and feel fine but since I hit my forties the list of foods/drinks that bother me, seems to grow by the day.
    Just wait.............................................. ...Pup.

I'm having greasy assed taters-n-onions with leftover steak thrown in.........

Just wait.............................................. ...Pup.
    I'll be 46 in September, I think I'm past the "pup" stage.

I'm having greasy assed taters-n-onions with leftover steak thrown in.........
    It would take me a week to recover.

I'll be 46 in September, I think I'm past the "pup" stage.

It would take me a week to recover.
    A young cougar is a pup........

Or is that a kit?

A young cougar is a pup........

Or is that a kit?
    Kitten. I just checked Urban Dictionary and I think I'm a puma - too young to be a cougar, too old to be a kitten.

Bacon salad with homemade ranch dressing. I'm gonna be honest with ya, I just ate bacon.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I got diagnosed with diabetes so I don't have much choice about eating certain things..not that I am super disciplined.

I got diagnosed with diabetes so I don't have much choice about eating certain things..not that I am super disciplined.
    Oh no! I'm so sorry. Are you able to control it with your diet?

Chicken thighs and some mac & cheese. I didn't wrap it in Cheetos and deep-fry it (seriously... fast food places have some pot-heavy mad scientists working for them).
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Oh no! I'm so sorry. Are you able to control it with your diet?

I'm on medication but hope to get off of it eventually.

I'm on medication but hope to get off of it eventually.
    Are you measuring your food? For instance, some vegetables turn to more sugar than others. So, then, ideally, you'd want no more than a half cup of each. I'm just going to assume you're eating the right food. A healthy fats meat serving, I think, shouldn't be more than the size of a deck of cards.

As an aside, how many servings of carbs are you having per meal versus non-carb vegetables?

I'm not trying to offer advice or anything because I'm not diabetic and shouldn't be offering any anyway. I'm just generally curious.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-28-2016 at 06:43 PM.

Are you measuring your food? For instance, some vegetables turn to more sugar than others. So, then, ideally, you'd want no more than a half cup of each. I'm just going to assume you're eating the right food. A healthy fats meat serving, I think, shouldn't be more than the size of a deck of cards.

As an aside, how many servings of carbs are you having per meal versus non-carb vegetables?

I'm not trying to offer advice or anything because I'm not diabetic and shouldn't be offering any anyway. I'm just generally curious.

I'm not very structured..trying to follow a mostly plant based diet. I've made progress. It's really not just about sugar..it's about avoiding spikes in blood sugar.

I'm not very structured..trying to follow a mostly plant based diet. I've made progress. It's really not just about sugar..it's about avoiding spikes in blood sugar.

Hm. I see. I don't really know much about what cause spikes in blood sugar other than eating food (vegetables since you said plant based) that turns into more sugar than others. And meal that are not structured (as in planned breakfast, lunch, dinner...eating 3 times a day and only 3 times a day)

I have a really good food guide for diabetics that I just picked up from the DR. the last time I went to get my heart checkup. I'm not diabetic but I picked it up anyway. It's pretty good. And has a lot of great info on specific vegetables. I can scan it and pm it to you if you want.

Hm. I see. I don't really know much about what cause spikes in blood sugar other than eating food (vegetables since you said plant based) that turns into more sugar than others. And meal that are not structured (as in planned breakfast, lunch, dinner...eating 3 times a day and only 3 times a day)

I have a really good food guide for diabetics that I just picked up from the DR. the last time I went to get my heart checkup. I'm not diabetic but I picked it up anyway. It's pretty good. And has a lot of great info on specific vegetables. I can scan it and pm it to you if you want.
    Honestly the so called medical guidelines are out of date. My gastro even now believes in a mostly plant based diet for diabetes and he specializes in diabetic care. Dr. Neal Banard has some good videos on it. The trick is just self discipline, exercise...not alwas easy. The best control I had was by eating veggies, complex carbs and a little fruit with vitamin supplements, especually B12. You can control it with high protein, low carb but hard to sustain and can be hard on the kidneys.
    Last edited by Carlybee; 06-29-2016 at 12:15 PM.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 64 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast