Page 53 of 112 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 3352

Thread: What's for dinner?

BLT's and snap-beans southern style tonight...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm craving TexMex

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I'm craving TexMex
    We had chicken-n-shrimp fajitas w/guac last night....

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    BLT's and snap-beans southern style tonight...
    You already have garden 'maters coming in?

Hot dogs tonight w/ homemade dog chili and slaw. Nothing special.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 04-28-2016 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    You already have garden matters coming in?

Hot dogs tonight w/ homemade dog chili and slaw. Nothing special.
    Beans are from down by the delta....

Local grocer has a truck that runs once a week....

1st round of mudbugs should hit soon too.........

[edit]

Friend of mine's ol' lady just dropped of a quart of first picking strawberries.........
    Last edited by tod evans; 04-28-2016 at 04:20 PM.

No idea. But, I need to come up with something and go shopping. Kind of a cool, rainy day. I was thinking Roast Beef sandwiches w/ caramelized onions, Provolone and aus -jus for dipping with some shoestring fries for a side. Meh, I dunno. Some days it's tough to come up with a plan.

Beans are from down by the delta....

Local grocer has a truck that runs once a week....

1st round of mudbugs should hit soon too.........

[edit]

Friend of mine's ol' lady just dropped of a quart of first picking strawberries.........
    Mmmm, mudbugs. I've been waiting for fresh corn to show at the farmers market. I have really been jonesin' for a low country boil.

Pizza and a burger later, found a burger I made a few weeks ago in the freezer (raw) and couldn't resist putting it in the fridge so it can defrost, the rest of the things I need I always have laying around so yeah, more burgers...
    "I am a bird"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A big pan of homemade lasagna and noodles.

For lunch , chinese veggies & shrimp , dinner will be burgers & onion with chips & beer .

Mmmm, mudbugs. I've been waiting for fresh corn to show at the farmers market. I have really been jonesin' for a low country boil.
    You asked about tomatoes and I responded about beans.... Sorry! I must have been snapping beans and not paying attention...I get distracted easily...

We usually don't see corn until mid-June but the mudbugs start growing as soon as it warms up then they'll slack off during the heat and come back in the fall...

My late night snack...

Buns toasted with butter, mayo/ketchup on bottom/top, shredded/cut lettuce, tomato, red onion, bacon, burger with cheese and pickles.

Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 04-30-2016 at 05:05 PM.
    "I am a bird"

Refried beans and I'm thinking about eating an orange when I'm finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-21-2016 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    My late night snack...

Buns toasted with butter, mayo/ketchup on bottom/top, shredded/cut lettuce, tomato, red onion, bacon, burger with cheese and pickles.

That. Looks. Awesome.

Roast beast sanditches were great. Started making the chili. I mistook Curry for Cumin on the spices. Hey, they are both in the "C" section. I was able to scrape most of the Curry off once I got a whiff of the smell before stirring. Still has a slight Curry smell. Won't know about flavor until it's stewed awhile.
    They had Corned Beef Brisket on sale at .97 a pound, so that is for tomorrow night. Couldn't pass up that deal.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Son and his buddy got a rabbit yesterday and found 1 goose egg so they had fried bunny and 1/2 a scrambled goose egg for lunch.

Supper is leftovers..

Son and his buddy got a rabbit yesterday and found 1 goose egg so they had fried bunny and 1/2 a scrambled goose egg for lunch.

Supper is leftovers..
    Awesome! When my brother was a kid, he killed a crow with a bb gun and wanted my mom to make crow stew with it. She said we don't eat crow.

I'm waiting for Mr Animal to take me out to dinner. Since my dishwasher is broken, I've figured out how to schedule most of our meals out. So far, I'm only going to have to cook on Tuesday until we leave for vacation on Saturday.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Roast beast sanditches were great. Started making the chili. I mistook Curry for Cumin on the spices. Hey, they are both in the "C" section. I was able to scrape most of the Curry off once I got a whiff of the smell before stirring. Still has a slight Curry smell. Won't know about flavor until it's stewed awhile.
    They had Corned Beef Brisket on sale at .97 a pound, so that is for tomorrow night. Couldn't pass up that deal.
    Lol! Yeah I never really look at whats on the jars, I remember things by the color... And yes, I've made mistakes before, I've mixed up smoked paprika powder and chili powder, something you definitely notice . I hardly ever measure anything, I mostly just think about what feels right to me and generally I do not $#@! up.

Oh and I made a simple chicken soup with a grilled cheese because I was lazy today. Still made the soup from scratch tho. Not that lazy.
    "I am a bird"

We ended up at Ted's Montana Grill. I had a the special, a bison Salisbury steak with garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus, it was outstanding. My son had the bison Cadillac burger and said my Salisbury bison (he polished off my extra) tasted like a frozen dinner. We shared a bottle of wine - some kind of Buffalo Wine and a big ass brownie for dessert. Mr Animal claimed he didn't get enough of the brownie and insisted on going to Brusters afterward for more ice cream. I didn't order anything at Brusters but I tasted Mr A's waffle cone and it was pretty damn good. He wasn't happy about that, btw. He says I need to start just ordering my own because he wanted the whole thing - it was one $#@!ing lick, get over it, crybaby.

Sausage stuffed mushrooms, creamed new potatoes and salad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	4951

Olives, crackers, a wedge of Laughing Cow Swiss and Herbs, and a salad.

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-21-2016 at 10:58 PM.

Mrs O is at a sale , so , pork loin , pecan pie and ice cream .

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pesto chicken, penne alfredo

Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	4952

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Pesto chicken, penne alfredo

Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	4952
    Tha
    t looks good .

I went to Skips hot dogs and had an Italian sausage with hot peppers. It was good but I didn't eat the bun. Mr Animal ate it, though.

Supper is leftovers..
    Oh, hey, fried rabbit is good. We ate that stuff all of the time in the sticks back when I was a kid. I've had a fried goose egg, too. They're big alright.

To this day I still think about plinking a couple of those rabbits hanging out in my black-eyed susans out back. The squirrels out by my feeders, too. I never do it, though. Now you have me thinking about it. Heh.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 05-04-2016 at 11:07 PM.

Amy's frozen pizza

Strawberry cheesecake