Page 100 of 112 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 3352

Thread: What's for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I used to have a special grocery day...but I found it works better and cheaper to just stock up and combine trips when things run low. Just FWIW. ~hugs~
    I have plenty of meat in the freezer but when I'm the only one home, why bother? Other than meat, I buy fresh produce and I hate waste so I don't go to the store until it's used up. I don't really have a special day. I just go when I'm out of food. I check my staples (canned tuna, dried beans, flour, sugar) once a month. If I run out before my once a month shop, we live without or someone else goes to the store. I hate grocery shopping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Pan fried hogfish (aka: piggyfish) with garlic fettucine and broccoli.

Kid said hogfish "tastes like hotdogs!"

I didn't feel like cooking tonight, so my dinner is a banana/mango/lime smoothie, and a muffin.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I am!

Did a curry last night with chicken I had smoked previously and green peppers in a yoghurt sauce. Don't simmer yoghurt the way you would other sauces! Simmer the chicken, peppers and aromatic spices until they're good and hot and the garlic is roasted, then stir in the plain yoghurt and remove it from the heat just as soon as it's warm.

And don't spare the curry. If there's not enough to cover up that yoghurt taste, there's not enough.
    I'll definitely give it another chance. This may sound silly, but one of the reasons I'm not a fan of Indian food is because many years ago, on my sister's 21st birthday, we all had too much champagne to drink and Indian food that night, and I got really sick and threw up.

Also, when I was in Malaysia, I had Indian food there that wasn't very good.

But the veggie masala I had recently was soooo yummy.
    Last edited by lilymc; 08-28-2017 at 09:34 PM.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Not so silly. I still can't drink Carlo Rossi red thirty years later.

The Indians do some interesting desserts with mango. Might be a place to start...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

^ I'll look up a recipe for that, sounds good, thanks!
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

I skipped dinner today for solidarity with Danke .He is stuck at the airport in houston about to be cannibalized by mutant tejanos .

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bangkok, Thailand

Another instant for dinner,

Quote Originally Posted by Hippony View Post
    Another instant for dinner,
    Are you canadian ?

Bangkok, Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Are you canadian ?
    I am an Asian.

I am an Asian.
    Pad thai?

I love pad thai! Especially when it makes my sinuses drain and my cheeks sweat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I am an Asian.
    Then you are related to Oyarde.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Then you are related to Oyarde.
    Probably related to those Cree up in canada .

Tonight will be meatloaf & hashbrowns .

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Burritos with rice, beans and chorizo (vegan, but it tasted exactly like regular chorizo, minus the grease.)

It was very tasty.

― Henry David Thoreau

Time to start celebrating the harvest . Fried chicken & blueberry muffins .

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    MAGA , I see .

Beef roast , potatoes , onion and corn on the cob.

went to the store, told the kid we could have whatever he wanted. he stopped short at the fish counter and the giant red snappers they had on ice.
    So there we are, blackened red snapper for dinner.

Stir-fry veggies (a little bit of everything) with tofu teriyaki on rice.

― Henry David Thoreau

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    I didn't feel like cooking tonight, so my dinner is a banana/mango/lime smoothie, and a muffin.

I'll definitely give it another chance. This may sound silly, but one of the reasons I'm not a fan of Indian food is because many years ago, on my sister's 21st birthday, we all had too much champagne to drink and Indian food that night, and I got really sick and threw up.

Also, when I was in Malaysia, I had Indian food there that wasn't very good.

But the veggie masala I had recently was soooo yummy.
    Eating indian food that makes me throw up and get diarrhea has never stopped me from stuffing myself like a goldfish

I personally like neer and masala dosas the best. No one in India does good cooking like the south thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamp View Post
    Eating indian food that makes me throw up and get diarrhea has never stopped me from stuffing myself like a goldfish

I personally like neer and masala dosas the best. No one in India does good cooking like the south thats for sure.
    I want to try more Indian dishes. Neer sounds interesting. I'll look up a recipe for it sometime in the near future. (Pun not intended) :P

― Henry David Thoreau

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    I want to try more Indian dishes. Neer sounds interesting. I'll look up a recipe for it sometime in the near future. (Pun not intended) :P
    Neer dosa. its like a rice crepe.

^ It looks good. I love crepes, but sometimes they can be tricky to make. (the flipping part.) I want to try that though.

― Henry David Thoreau

Cherry Pop tarts and beer .

Baked salmon cakes..made with panko crumbs so the outside was crunchy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3807.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	303.3 KB 
ID:	5876

Split pea and bacon soup...

2# peas
    2# bacon
    2 onions
    2# potatoes
    Garlic/salt/water

For lunch I had BBQ pork neck bones and mashed potatoes .
    Do something Danke

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.