Page 3 of 112 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Honestly can you tell me... what frikken restaurant would not have charged at least $20 a plate for that (plus drinks and tips)? THIS is why I don't eat out anymore.
    I'd love too. Even the 5 stars in town don't cut it anymore.
    By Gawd, me an the ole lady will make it up N.H. way one of these days. After giving it a go I will probably not be able to play "Rain Song." I'll have to bow out on that. Still, would you forsake me a beach bake? If bring some Maker's?
    By all means, the door is always open.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    The only place we go out to anymore is the local microbrewery-restaurant (brewery on premises). The food is decent and there is at least one new brew on tap every week. So I could duplicate the food (or do it better) but cant do so for the beer/selection.
    Like the fresh meat,cheese and breads, so too can you bring home the beer. I do have to say that the best restaurants in town are the micro-breweries. Most undividuals that put so much time into creating a beer spend time working on food. At first. Then they seem to degrade.

There's nothing "out there" that me an ole lady can't make at home. Better.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Well lunch is were I $#@! up in my "healthy" kick. I usually have a half dozen saltines, sliced cheese (good cheese though from the farmers market) and a can of Vienna sausage. That little can is probably the most unholiest package of meat available on the market. I really should just get some other slice meat from the butcher. But I'm a junkie for Vienna wirh a cheese and saltine. Blame it on paw-paw.
    Cheese , crackers and something sounds like a gourmet lunch to me , Mrs Oyarde is a slave driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    By all means, the door is always open.
    That means much to me, brother. Working my ass off but winter will be a slow down. I'll run it by the ole lady and send you a PM.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Cheese , crackers and something sounds like a gourmet lunch to me , Mrs Oyarde is a slave driver.
    Fast and quick, oyarde. Fast and quick. There is work to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    We all have our guilty pleasures. Mine is frito pie.

That being said, I just slaved over about 15 lbs of produce and made juice. I'm sure it will counteract the Italian sausage I had for dinner.
    I'm along the same lines as oyarde. Most often I don't even eat lunch. But, cheese, bread and meat are a Holy trinity. Any of the three can be mixed and matched.

//
    Last edited by Carlybee; 10-15-2014 at 07:03 PM.

Dandelion and spinach salad with orange honey mustard dressing and slow cooker chicken soup

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	3244

Greek chicken cooked in lemon-chardonnay, with onions and kalamata olives, served with green beans with raspberry vinaigrette.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Greek chicken cooked in lemon-chardonnay, with onions and kalamata olives, served with green beans with raspberry vinaigrette.
    That sounds good. Did you make that or eat out?

Tacos and Margaritas, mostly Mararitas

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yum

I had sausage links for breakfast( from the butcher with maple syrup in them ) with some hash browns with onions and bell peppers from my garden , fresh eggs from the hen house .Then I forgot my lunch on the kitchen counter at noon , got home at midnight , think I am going to do a smoked sausage sandwich with a couple mustards and raw onion, because I have the Old Grand Dad out and am too lazy to do anything else

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whole wheat penne with marinara sauce; side dish of steamed tempeh, brussels sprouts, carrots, onions and kombu.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    Whole wheat penne with marinara sauce; side dish of steamed tempeh, brussels sprouts, carrots, onions and kombu.
    I like squid with marinara .

Beef tips in a red wine reduction sauce. Glazed carrots and a fresh cob salad with Suz's homemade Blue cheese dressing.

I just joined a CSA and got the best organic veggies I have ever had the pleasure of eating. There is nothing like eating, fresh, locally ground vegetables.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Rice smothered with canned beans, nice reprieve from the daily gruel.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Rice smothered with canned beans, nice reprieve from the daily gruel.
    Sounds slightly better than the minnow heads with rice I tried to get down as a guest in some Hooch once , good Lord , Frito Lay should employ you , the Mama San at the place I stayed warned me not to go , ( I felt like I had to , so as to not be rude ) , I thought , hell , how can the peasant food be worse than not eating at all and just drinking ? I learned my lesson ,warmed minnows , yeah , not so tasty ,,,

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Beef tips in a red wine reduction sauce. Glazed carrots and a fresh cob salad with Suz's homemade Blue cheese dressing.

I just joined a CSA and got the best organic veggies I have ever had the pleasure of eating. There is nothing like eating, fresh, locally ground vegetables.
    Did you like the dressing?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Recipe? I make one too..just blue cheese, yogurt and vinegar. (Lots of pepper)

Btw my dressing here was just brown mustard, honey and squeezed orange juice. I've gotten where I don't like bottled store bought dressing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Recipe? I make one too..just blue cheese, yogurt and vinegar. (Lots of pepper)

Btw my dressing here was just brown mustard, honey and squeezed orange juice. I've gotten where I don't like bottled store bought dressing anymore.
    It's in this thread.vvv
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...t=black+garlic

Your recipe sounds great. I'm trying to break an addiction to Good Seasons Italian (salad crack), I'm always on the lookout for good salad dressing recipes.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's in this thread.vvv

Your recipe sounds great. I'm trying to break an addiction to Good Seasons Italian (salad crack), I'm always on the lookout for good salad dressing recipes.
    Olive oil and red wine vinegar, with a little salt/pepper. Doesn't get much more simple or good, in my opinion.

It's in this thread.vvv

I forgot about the mayo..I use that too...sounds good! I don't like Italian or anything too vinegary...I wish I knew how to make french dressing.

It is delicious! Thank you! The best part is knowing it doesn't have MSG, Canola/Soy oil in it.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

There is nothing like eating, fresh, locally ground vegetables.
    I like to grind mine at home -- when I want ground vegetables. Which is never...

I just got over a one day bout of the flu so after a day of liquids and soups the ole lady is gonna whip up a lasagna w/ homemade noodles and market fresh sausage and ground beef. Hungry man is hungry!

I like to grind mine at home -- when I want ground vegetables. Which is never...

LOL! I just realized my typo. Locally grown.

Veggie coffee

Here's a pic of a haul from our co-op. That's a full share. Sometimes I just get half. Hard to use it all before it goes bad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	3249
    Last edited by Carlybee; 10-16-2014 at 10:44 AM.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My ole lady just had one of these gifted to her. I'm not much of a juicer type guy but she has made a few decent tasting concoctions.

That sounds good. Did you make that or eat out?
    A specialty from the little woman. Forgot to mention the shaved parmesan melted on top of the chicken.

Tacos and Margaritas, mostly Mararitas
    Always good, but more of a friday night dinner around here. (At least the Tequila part).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 3 of 112 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast