Page 104 of 112 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 3352

Thread: What's for dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Boy you been out in the sticks too long
    Meh, don't matter if you're in the stix if you have good arab or Greek ladies nearby who can cook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    which reminds me that I've got a falafel recipe around I've been meaning to try. Tonight was blueberry salmon as the main dish. Spinach salad side and zucchini chocolate cake I made for dessert. #feast
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Brats and asparagus on the grill. Zucchini with olive oil, salt, pepper and Parmesan in the oven.

I could eat brats every day.

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    Brats and asparagus on the grill. Zucchini with olive oil, salt, pepper and Parmesan in the oven.

I could eat brats every day.
    I'm not a big fan of brats. I'll eat a brown one occasionally but Mr Animal normally gets white ones and they kind of turn me off. He keeps trying to make me like them but they taste weird to me.

Have you ever grilled zucchini? It's so good. I cut the tips off and slice it in half long ways and then I make some Good Seasons Italian (you can really use any Italian dressing, that's just what I have) and a little salt and pepper and let them marinate in that overnight and then I grill them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I'm not a big fan of brats. I'll eat a brown one occasionally but Mr Animal normally gets white ones and they kind of turn me off. He keeps trying to make me like them but they taste weird to me.

Have you ever grilled zucchini? It's so good. I cut the tips off and slice it in half long ways and then I make some Good Seasons Italian (you can really use any Italian dressing, that's just what I have) and a little salt and pepper and let them marinate in that overnight and then I grill them.
    I will grill anything! Yes, zucchini and yellow squash is great. I like it to still have a little bite and not too mushy. My go to is olive oil, sea salt, pepper and maybe some garlic salt. It's pretty cheap in the summer, so we eat a lot of it.

Potato wedges on the grill are great too. I like getting them nice a crispy on the outside.

Also, the natural gas grill is the weeknight instrument but the weekends are for the charcoal Weber grill. I've got a good inventory of briquettes, natural lump, and wood chips/chunks. Nothing smells better than a big pork butt smoking all day. Damn, I'm hungry now!

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    I will grill anything! Yes, zucchini and yellow squash is great. I like it to still have a little bite and not too mushy. My go to is olive oil, sea salt, pepper and maybe some garlic salt. It's pretty cheap in the summer, so we eat a lot of it.

Potato wedges on the grill are great too. I like getting them nice a crispy on the outside.

Also, the natural gas grill is the weeknight instrument but the weekends are for the charcoal Weber grill. I've got a good inventory of briquettes, natural lump, and wood chips/chunks. Nothing smells better than a big pork butt smoking all day. Damn, I'm hungry now!
    Yeah, baby. I love grilled veg. I've never grilled potatoes, though. I think I'm traumatized because my brothers used to wrap them in foil and try to cook them in campfires and they were never cooked all the way through. Nasty, as hell. *gag*

We have a big gas grill for in a hurry cooking and a smoker for when Mr A feels like fussing over food. Honestly, I don't use the smoker. I'm not interested in working that hard for food, lol. That smoker was the deal of the century. I found it sitting out with the trash at the end of our street. It's a big one, too. It was only used once - it looked brand new. I know this because when I stopped to pick it up, the owner came out and helped me get it in my van. Yay!

Mr A saves different woods for his smoking. He goes on and on about the different flavors of wood. He's mansplained grilling wood to me a million times and I still have no idea what he's on about. I just say, "taste the meat, not the heat" and he seems happy with that response.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, baby. I love grilled veg. I've never grilled potatoes, though. I think I'm traumatized because my brothers used to wrap them in foil and try to cook them in campfires and they were never cooked all the way through. Nasty, as hell. *gag*

We have a big gas grill for in a hurry cooking and a smoker for when Mr A feels like fussing over food. Honestly, I don't use the smoker. I'm not interested in working that hard for food, lol. That smoker was the deal of the century. I found it sitting out with the trash at the end of our street. It's a big one, too. It was only used once - it looked brand new. I know this because when I stopped to pick it up, the owner came out and helped me get it in my van. Yay!

Mr A saves different woods for his smoking. He goes on and on about the different flavors of wood. He's mansplained grilling wood to me a million times and I still have no idea what he's on about. I just say, "taste the meat, not the heat" and he seems happy with that response.
    1. The woman buys the food.

2. The woman makes a salad, prepares vegetables, and makes dessert.

3. The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.

4. THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

5. The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.

6. The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the situation.

7. THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

8. The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces and brings them to the table.

9. After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

10. Everyone PRAISES THE MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.

11. The man asks the woman how she enjoyed her night off and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing her.
    Source: The internets.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Source: The internets.
    The internets are wrong.

The man tells the woman what meat to buy.
    She buys it.
    He does everything and she floats around in the pool.
    He explains everything so next time she can help.
    She ignores him and quotes Hank Hill.
    He fetches her a beer.
    He gets in the pool and talks more about meat.
    He keeps getting out to check his meat and wood.
    She makes dirty jokes (she can't resist with all the wood and meat talk) and gives him the one lip slip.
    *that's where I move my swimsuit bottom to one side*
    *he grins*
    He proudly serves his meat and she brags on him about how good it is because she doesn't want to have to make it or learn how to work the smoker.

The internets are wrong.

The man tells the woman what meat to buy.
    She buys it.
    He does everything and she floats around in the pool.
    He explains everything so next time she can help.
    She ignores him and quotes Hank Hill.
    He fetches her a beer.
    He gets in the pool and talks more about meat.
    He keeps getting out to check his meat and wood.
    She makes dirty jokes (she can't resist with all the wood and meat talk) and gives him the one lip slip.
    *that's where I move my swimsuit bottom to one side*
    *he grins*
    He proudly serves his meat and she brags on him about how good it is because she doesn't want to have to make it or learn how to work the smoker.
    And no burnt meat.
    "I am a bird"

Today I grilled some burgers, had a small oil fire on the bbq after I made a decent batch of bacon.. I've got this ceramic grill for 2 weeks now. Very easy to heat up, not so easy to cool down. Easiest ever to make a fire in, and breakfast next morning, open up the vents and it's very likely that it springs back into life. Crazy stuff.

Anyways, I was hungry later, so I made some buttermilk fried chicken. With some extra to take to work tomorrow.
    "I am a bird"

Today I grilled some burgers, had a small oil fire on the bbq after I made a decent batch of bacon.. I've got this ceramic grill for 2 weeks now. Very easy to heat up, not so easy to cool down. Easiest ever to make a fire in, and breakfast next morning, open up the vents and it's very likely that it springs back into life. Crazy stuff.

Anyways, I was hungry later, so I made some buttermilk fried chicken. With some extra to take to work tomorrow.
    Someday you will enjoy pizza.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Someday you will enjoy pizza.
    Yup. I've already got experience making fresh mozarella from raw milk, no buffalo milk however, we don't have those around here. But I can get the best fresh cows milk, 24/7, it comes from a machine that you put coins in, in the middle of the field.. It feels kind of bad to get 10liters of milk in the night, at a shed in the middle of nowhere, but I guess it's legal.

We've also got some sourdough going on.. Now we need tomatoes.

Oh and Danke, ever had horse steaks ?
    "I am a bird"

Yup. I've already got experience making fresh mozarella from raw milk, no buffalo milk however, we don't have those around here. But I can get the best fresh cows milk, 24/7, it comes from a machine that you put coins in, in the middle of the field.. It feels kind of bad to get 10liters of milk in the night, at a shed in the middle of nowhere, but I guess it's legal.

We've also got some sourdough going on.. Now we need tomatoes.

Oh and Danke, ever had horse steaks ?
    I had horse a long time ago in Japan. I think it was raw, maybe marinated.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

We had bone in ribeyes from the cow that was grazing 200 yards from the grill last summer....

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Grilled chicken with a fresh pineapple, mango, onion, garlic chutney thing I just threw together. Turned out great. Also, grilled white onion slices.

Big glass of sweet tea to wash it all down.

I had a piece of blackened salmon, some broccoli, and watermelon. I washed it down with a glass of brown box wine. Mr A got a giant box of generic wine and brought it home. It's not too classy sitting in our living room but I filled up a few empty bottles of Freakshow and am almost finished polishing off the rest. I noticed I had to tip the box to get it to flow good tonight.

For breakfast I had bacon and hash browns with onions and red & green bell peppers . Then for desert a big jelly filled donut glazed with caramel .
    Do something Danke

For brunch I had a big bowl of blueberries with greek yogurt and slivered almonds and for dinner we're having a steak on the grill, broccoli, and a big salad. I only have one big steak and three of us are sharing it so I'll probably only get a bite or two. Mr A and Number 1 son are big eaters and I feel bad taking their food. They let me take mine first (I guess that makes me the pack leader, lol) but they stand there and stare at me like a pack of hungry hound dogs. It's unnerving.

Blueberry/yogurt/almond concoction for brunch (eating it right now)

Dinner will be a big salad with eggs on it for me, Number 2 son will finish off the broccoli/baked potatoes and have a salad, and I'll make Mr A and Number one son breakfast slop (sausage, eggs, grits concoction).

I made a bean concoction but I think I put too many jalapenos in it. I normally put in two but I lost count when I was chopping and I went ahead and put in two more to be sure. Now, just standing over the pot is making me sneeze and my lips burn.

I had a "Kapsalon", which in Dutch means a barbershop, really. But this is something they sell at middle eastern take out places.. Talking about fastfood @Suzanimal ..

But this is a concoction of fries with shawarma meat, nice mixed salad.. Loaded into an aluminum throwaway tray, in that particular order... Then it's drenched in white or red sauce, or both. (garlic/chili). Great stuff. People say it's not healthy, but it contains lettuce doesn't it ?

"I am a bird"

Shawarma meat?

Looks good to me.

I had a "Kapsalon", which in Dutch means a barbershop, really. But this is something they sell at middle eastern take out places.. Talking about fastfood @Suzanimal ..

But this is a concoction of fries with shawarma meat, nice mixed salad.. Loaded into an aluminum throwaway tray, in that particular order... Then it's drenched in white or red sauce, or both. (garlic/chili). Great stuff. People say it's not healthy, but it contains lettuce doesn't it ?

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Shawarma meat?

Looks good to me.
    This one looks nice. Can't see the meat.. Sometimes they also include a layer of cheese, not the melty stuff that you'd use in the US, normal cheese which does melt, but turned mostly hard when you eat it. I don't like that version. I just like a couple fries, bunch of meat with garlic and chili sauce. Then on top of that a nice salad including a lot of things but definitely pickles, red onions and pickled jalapeños.

But in general it matters where you get it, this is seen as real cheap calories... It can be full of grease. The fries can be soggy or melted into a big piece of cheese. Sometimes there's 3 pieces of lettuce, 1 piece of tomato etc. But I know some good places.

In general though, one of these is about 1500 calories .
    "I am a bird"

Swedish meatballs and gravy over brocolli, carrots, celery and onion.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

More falafels. One of the few vegetarian meals that's actually nice.

"I am a bird"

I quickly whipped up a hearty potato/veggie stew… It turned out yummy.

“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

buffalo burgers on the grill tomorrow . Running low on new white settlers .
    Do something Danke

Fried up some salmon and poured on some blueberry sauce I made from scratch. *nom*

Shawarma meat?

Looks good to me.
    Doesn't look like any Shwarma I've ever had. And I LOVE SHWARMA. <3

Today I fired up the ceramic bbq again and made some extras in the kitchen.

I made skin-on mashed potatoes with fresh garlic, bacon fried in it's own fat and crumbled, lot of butter and general seasoning... Some yoghurt added to make it fresh.

Then for vegetables, I grilled a bunch of skewers alternated with bell peppers of different colours and onions.

Then I made some flank steaks and sausages..

Put everything together on a plate, and that was my dinner.

Plenty leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
    "I am a bird"

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.