Page 103 of 112 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,090 of 3352

Thread: What's for dinner?

My specialty-Blueberry salmon, sauce made from scratch. Chocolate zucchini cake for dessert, also from scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chili beans over rice. It was deeelicious.

“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Sketti-n- garlic bread.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Today I ate four fried eggs and a big ass bowl of ice cream. I'm thinking about opening a can of boiled peanuts for a snack. I finally got my synthroid straightened out and have begun to gain back some of the weight I lost. One thing this ordeal has taught me is having a little fat is a good thing, especially as you age. I normally hover around 130 lbs but I dropped down to 115 and I looked like a hag. That fat was filling in my wrinkles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

A pound of boiled shrimp, a salad, and a handful of almonds. That's everything I've eaten today. I'd like some more ice cream but I ended up eating all that last night.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

I was gonna eat the rest of my baconless sub but apparently someone got hungry and ate it so I had a salad, a spoonful of peanut butter, and a right now I'm eating a grapefruit cup.

For dinner, I'm making poblano peppers stuffed with Italian sausage, a salad, and some cheesy bread.

The other day when discussing what to do for mothers day, my MIL asked if wanted to my rapini and sausage lasagna. She asks so little and does so much for us; that I couldn't help but oblige. Spent the better part of the day yesterday getting it ready for today. Made a few extra in breadpans to give away and 1 for the freezer.

Rapini, gently cooked down in olive oil -- drained well.
    Ample amounts of garlic spread (see my infopic I have posted elsewhere)
    Roasted sweet and spicy red pepper paste with a fennel bulb mixed
    Italian sausage crumbles, Ricotta, Asiago, Gran Pardano, Provolone, Parmigiano.

Garlic spread used on 2 layers, Red pepper paste used on 2 layers, ricotta used on 1 layer in the middle. Rapini, Sausage, cheese, throughout.

yum.

Bratwursts , lots of 'em

BBQ pork ribs and garlic shrimp on linguine....

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Yum. I haven't had BBQ in awhile. Mr A has been bugging me to think of something I want him to cook for me and I might have him smoke a pork butt.

I'm having blackened fish, broccoli, and a salad for dinner. Right now, I'm having a grapefruit cup. It's refreshing.

Thin spaghetti and BBQ chicken.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Thin spaghetti and BBQ chicken.
    What is it with the Italian + BBQ? Is that a new fusion cuisine?

T-bones on the grill with Gorgonzola on top, melting the last couple of minutes cooking. Cucumber salad made with Greek yogurt, onions, herbs, etc. on the side.

I just made me a big bowl of breakfast slop.

grits
    sausage
    runny eggs
    butter (lots of butter)
    salt

mix it all up and enjoy

Edited to add...I'm also having an orange to be healthy.

I made fresh falafels... Taking leftovers to work tomorrow, with fresh middle-eastern salad and condiments.... Going to make colleagues take a run for their money.

Easiest. stuff ever,

Chickpeas, garlic, red onion, powders: Chili, cumin, coriander. Then a bit of flour and baking powder... But most importantly: loads of cilantro and parsley.

Make nice dough (I used a stick mixer thingy), deep fry for a few minutes and done. If they fall apart on you, not enough flour, if they taste too much like flour, too much! And don't let anyone tell you canned chickpeas don't work, they do work. Fresh just tastes better if you have loads of time (Everything else I use is fresh though but honestly, canned chickpeas are perfect).

Put in a pita or Lebanese bread with middle eastern salad, cilantro (more is better, in fact, it could replace lettuce), iceberg lettuce, garlic sauce and hotsauce.

Awesome.

P.S. I have a cilantro fetish, when I grew up that stuff tasted like soap but I've learned to love it, and love it I do.
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 05-21-2018 at 03:49 PM.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I made fresh falafels... Taking leftovers to work tomorrow, with fresh middle-eastern salad and condiments.... Going to make colleagues take a run for their money.

Easiest. stuff ever,

Chickpeas, garlic, red onion, powders: Chili, cumin, coriander. Then a bit of flour and baking powder... But most importantly: loads of cilantro and parsley.

Make nice dough (I used a stick mixer thingy), deep fry for a few minutes and done. If they fall apart on you, not enough flour, if they taste too much like flour, too much! And don't let anyone tell you canned chickpeas don't work, they do work. Fresh just tastes better if you have loads of time (Everything else I use is fresh though but honestly, canned chickpeas are perfect).

Put in a pita or Lebanese bread with middle eastern salad, cilantro (more is better, in fact, it could replace lettuce), iceberg lettuce, garlic sauce and hotsauce.

Awesome.

P.S. I have a cilantro fetish, when I grew up that stuff tasted like soap but I've learned to love it, and love it I do.
    I've never had a falafel I like and I love chickpeas. I also love cilantro. I may give yours a shot because they sound yummy.

I had a some yogurt, blueberries, a handful of almonds, a grapefruit cup, a bowl of watermelon (my first one this summer and it was divine), a big salad, and I'm thinking about having a bowl of beans and another small salad and some more watermelon for dinner. I feel dehydrated and fruit is tasting good to me today.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I've never had a falafel I like and I love chickpeas. I also love cilantro. I may give yours a shot because they sound yummy.

I had a some yogurt, blueberries, a handful of almonds, a grapefruit cup, a bowl of watermelon (my first one this summer and it was divine), a big salad, and I'm thinking about having a bowl of beans and another small salad and some more watermelon for dinner. I feel dehydrated and fruit is tasting good to me today.
    Okay, here we go, please pay attention because the amounts are very important to get correct or they taste like $#@!/fall apart .

I used, 3 cans of chickpeas, these are 400g cans, 240grams after straining. 50grams of white all purpose flour, teaspoon of baking powder.
    Spices I don't think the amounts matter too much. Cilantro and parsley, the more you add, the more flour you'll have to add to bind it together. I used a nice handful of both herbs, about a cup full after chopping fine. Alternately, you can also roll them through flour right before you fry them, this will increase the crispness. Oh, and don't forget to add plenty salt!
    "I am a bird"

Yesterday I made horse steaks on the ceramic bbq.

Very nice looking meat, not my picture but very similar:

But really, I can recommend it. It's much better than normal steaks. The taste, with just salt and pepper on the outside right before grilling; it's almost like it's dry aged and marinated in soy sauce... Really sweet. Texture is amazing, more tender than beef of the same quality.

Really, I don't get why you don't eat horses in the US. They're amazing food.

Btw, best part, we had two steaks for a couple euro (5$ a lb)! This $#@! is not only more healthy, better tasting than beef but also a lot cheaper!
    "I am a bird"

Yesterday I made horse steaks on the ceramic bbq.

Very nice looking meat, not my picture but very similar:

But really, I can recommend it. It's much better than normal steaks. The taste, with just salt and pepper on the outside right before grilling; it's almost like it's dry aged and marinated in soy sauce... Really sweet. Texture is amazing, more tender than beef of the same quality.

Really, I don't get why you don't eat horses in the US. They're amazing food.

Btw, best part, we had two steaks for a couple euro (5$ a lb)! This $#@! is not only more healthy, better tasting than beef but also a lot cheaper!
    Ugh!

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Easiest. stuff ever,

Awesome.

I love falafel

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I love falafel
    I wouldn't know one if it bit me on the ass........

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Today I ate four fried eggs and a big ass bowl of ice cream. I'm thinking about opening a can of boiled peanuts for a snack. I finally got my synthroid straightened out and have begun to gain back some of the weight I lost. One thing this ordeal has taught me is having a little fat is a good thing, especially as you age. I normally hover around 130 lbs but I dropped down to 115 and I looked like a hag. That fat was filling in my wrinkles.
    I prefer Naturethroid (pig thyroid). I have no thyroid and Synthroid doesnt work for me.

I wouldn't know one if it bit me on the ass........
    Boy you been out in the sticks too long

Boy you been out in the sticks too long

Bratwursts
    Do something Danke

I had some crunchy peanut butter, a salad and a bunch of watermelon today. Watermelons have been good this year. I've been buying one every 3 days or so.

Steaks on the grill today . Smoked suasages tomorrow .
    Do something Danke

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Steaks on the grill today . Smoked suasages tomorrow .
    I'm grilling steaks on Monday.

I love falafel
    +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12