Thread: Recommend a pressure washer for me.

Recommend a pressure washer for me.

I need a pressure washer. It needs to clean concrete, vinyl siding, and PT wood.
    I would like it to be electric.
    I do not want a cheap piece of crap. My experience with pressure washers so far is a cheap piece of crap that probably cost $80 - I borrowed it from a friend and it didn't work until I tore it apart, because apparently the $80 models will calcify inside the fittings and prevent the thing even turning on.

So that's what I don't want to happen. I don't want to clean everything I need cleaned, putting it away for the winter, and then just end up throwing it out in spring on the rationale that it's not working and it's not worth $80 to me to sit down and tear apart some cheap piece of crap for 4 hours trying to find out what two fittings have corroded together.

I'm open to Chinese goods, as long as they're not cheap pieces of crap. I am against American goods that are cheap pieces of crap.

My price range is under $250. All the electric models I've read reviews of contain 90% reviews that say "I just bought this last week and this thing is great", and 10% that say "it leaks, nozzle broke", etc. Not promising.
    Looking for at least four seasons of use here, again, without tearing the whole thing apart.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I bought a Karcher Electric 3.86 nearly 10 years ago, and i pressure wash my aggregate driveway and patio every year, and have just recently finished pressure washing over 200 feet of my cedar fencing of old peeling paint. I had to finally order a new wand...its more than paid for itself with nearly zero maintainance.

Run white vinegar through your detergent feed when operating if your local water conditions produce calcification.

Pressure washers are much more prone to issues with inadequate water supply than factory malfunctioning components.

A $80 chinese pressure washer given ideal water conditions will outlast a $800 american made machine with inadequate feed.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Good to know. It wasn't necessarily even my conditions: it was the ones prior to me getting it.
    Sounds like white vinegar is a good $1 solution to the problem, though!
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

I was picturing this:

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    I bought a Karcher Electric 3.86 nearly 10 years ago, and i pressure wash my aggregate driveway and patio every year, and have just recently finished pressure washing over 200 feet of my cedar fencing of old peeling paint. I had to finally order a new wand...its more than paid for itself with nearly zero maintainance.
    I have one myself, and concur.

Good machine, for an electric.