Thread: Baby Taken from Parents After Father Admitted to “Using Marijuana” is Murdered in Foster Care

Exclamation Baby Taken from Parents After Father Admitted to “Using Marijuana” is Murdered in Foster Care

Baby Taken from Parents After Father Admitted to “Using Marijuana” is Murdered in Foster Care

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/bab...UtT1w111Ymj.99

Grand Junction, CO — Angel Lane Place, an 11-month-old baby girl has died as a result of injuries received while under the care of state-approved foster parents.

A 20-year-old woman from Grand Junction is facing charges in the death of Angel.

The Grand Junction Police Department said Sydney Danielle White told investigators she “accidentally dropped” the infant, Angel Lane Place, on the floor September 12, and then on September 15, grabbed her by the neck and shook her.

According to an arrest affidavit, White said that on the morning of September 15, Angel was screaming and she couldn’t get her to stop. She told police she held the baby “by the neck with both hands and shook her multiple times.” She said she stopped after one of her children then came into the room and said, “Mommy, stop it,” and put Angel to sleep.

“White said the baby initially became lethargic and wouldn’t wake up, but that later she appeared to be doing better,” police said in a statement sent to 7 News. “Later that night White took Angel to St. Mary’s Hospital when Angel’s right side became stiff and she was unresponsive.”

When Angel was brought to the Aurora Children’s hospital the coroner ruled the cause of death as “blunt force trauma to the head.”

This is sadly another tragic case of child abuse and murder under state-approved foster care. But why was Angel taken from her biological parents in the first place?

7 News Investigator Theresa Marchetta spoke Tuesday with Angel’s biological mother, Tierra Place, who said her daughter her been removed from her home because she and her husband fought, and said her husband told human services he used marijuana.

“This is like losing her twice. I don’t know how someone could possibly do that to a baby,” she said.

They also spoke with Angel’s biological father, Ted Place, who is threatening to sue Mesa County.

“You know I was seeing pictures of her, seeing videos, you know she was doing good, she was making good progress, and I was okay with the situation she was in,” he said. “And then, all of a sudden, I had just found out that your daughter is in urgent care in Denver, Colorado, and you need to come there. I just want Mesa County to pay for what they’ve done.”

All couples have arguments, which does not justify taking someone’s baby unless of course they become violent. However, from the information we have, there is no record of violence between Ted and Tierra Place. When Mr. Place admitted to smoking marijuana he apparently became a target for the ‘do-gooders’ at the Department of Human Services.

Sadly, children all over the US are taken from parents who have admitted to marijuana. While there’s no national count on how many parents lose custody of their kids each year due to marijuana, Keith Stroup, founder of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) told The Daily Chronic that his team gets calls “three or four times a week from people who have lost custody of their children because they tested positive at birth or in a situation where parents are feuding over custody.” This kidnapping even occurs in regions where marijuana is legal.

Sometimes, when these children are snatched from their well-meaning parents whose only ‘crime’ was to ingest something that grows out of the ground, they face abusive foster parents. Sadly Angel Place is not alone, a year ago, there was the horrible yet preventable tragedy of Alex Hill who was taken from her parents because they admitted to smoking marijuana after she went to bed. Alex was murdered by her foster parents.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Someone in the state will be held accountable -nnnnot likely. Well done, "state" - f'n morons.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

This is like deja vu. Didn't the same exact thing happen last year?

http://rt.com/usa/alexandria-hill-texas-toddler-125/
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

sadly, all i can do personally, is to use this as an example when confronted by opponents of cannabis.

RIP.

Gross incompetence. Put the baby killer in jail, fire the person or persons who decided this person could be a foster parent.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Gross incompetence. Put the baby killer in jail, fire the person or persons who decided this person could be a foster parent.
    not good enough!
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

You guys aren't seeing both sides of the issue.
    If they didn't take that baby away from her parents, then something bad might have happened to her.
    If it only saves one child, it's worth it.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    not good enough!
    That's just a start.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    This is like deja vu. Didn't the same exact thing happen last year?

http://rt.com/usa/alexandria-hill-texas-toddler-125/
    Yup, in the last paragraph of what I posted:

Sometimes, when these children are snatched from their well-meaning parents whose only ‘crime’ was to ingest something that grows out of the ground, they face abusive foster parents. Sadly Angel Place is not alone, a year ago, there was the horrible yet preventable tragedy of Alex Hill who was taken from her parents because they admitted to smoking marijuana after she went to bed. Alex was murdered by her foster parents.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    You guys aren't seeing both sides of the issue.
    If they didn't take that baby away from her parents, then something bad might have happened to her.
    If it only saves one child, it's worth it.
    If the child would have just stopped crying once the shaking started, it would probably still be alive and happily $#@!ting in its pants. Kids these days.
    Last edited by Danke; 09-26-2014 at 05:02 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    If the child would have just stopped crying once the shacking started, it would probably still be alive and happily $#@!ting in its pants. Kids these days.
    Angel Lane Place did this to herself.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Don't talk to human services or child protective service workers.

You have a right to remain silent.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Well, this is awful and everything, but the alternative is that this baby would have grown up in a household that uses marijuana.

Just sayin'.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his