Thread: Woman Drowns After Cops Threaten Rescuers With Arrest, Reportedly Fail to Attempt Rescue

Woman Drowns After Cops Threaten Rescuers With Arrest, Reportedly Fail to Attempt Rescue

Protecting and serving!

http://reason.com/blog/2014/09/26/wo...reaten-rescuer

A woman in El Paso, Texas, drowned in her car early Monday morning after it got into a drainage ditch. Several bystanders reportedly tried to save the 64-year-old woman but cops stopped them.

KFOX TV reports:

EL PASO, Texas – A 64-year-old woman drowned when police said her vehicle ended up in a drainage canal in Northeast El Paso Monday morning.

El Paso police said they were called out to the intersection of Diana Drive and Vulcan Avenue just after 6:30 Monday morning due to reports of a vehicle that had gone into a drainage ditch overflowing with floodwaters.

Constance Manzanares was found inside a submerged 2005 Toyota Corolla and died, police said.

A witness told KFOX14 that police stopped several men from trying to save the victim.

A witness to the drowning, who requested anonymity, said she saw the woman moving her hands inside the car and that police stopped three men from attempting to get her out.

"They went and tried to help this lady, they tried to help her, but the police said they can't, they were yelling and everything, I don't wanna say nothing bad about them, I know they give good service here and everything, but I said 'Oh, my God,'" the witness said. "They hit the window on the driver's side, and she tried to get out but there's a fence right there, and she couldn't get out. So she had all that weight with her and all the water inside. The men got scared, they didn't want to leave, they were mad, so they got scared, people were yelling so they had to leave before they got arrested."

The story about police telling men to leave was backed up by several people who live on Vulcan Avenue right next to where the drowning took place. However, KFOX14 cannot confirm if the woman was dead or alive at that time.
    [...]
    The witness said that 10-15 minutes later, the waters started to go down and she could see a black mass inside and realized it was the woman.

"There were ambulances, there was the Fire Department, helicopters, airplanes, I said 'Oh, my God, they're not doing anything about it,' so she passed away," said the witness.
    [...]
    The witness said it appeared to her that everyone just stood around and watched as the woman possibly died in her car, as nobody knew if she was still alive or not.

"We thought they were going to rescue her or come and do something, CPR, take her out, something, they have the tools, everyone had the tools, but they didn't do anything. Nothing, they didn't even touch the water," she said. "It's so sad. If it was my mother or my sister or someone, I would've gone and tried to rescue her."
    The woman was trapped in the car for an hour and a half before police retrieved the body. Police would not comment on the incident, saying Special Traffic Investigations was investigating.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't wanna say nothing bad about them, I know they give good service here and everything

That poor woman sure got "good service and everything".

'Fine. And if you'll wait about two minutes to arrest me, I won't resist arrest and dunk you in the mud. I'll be too busy carrying this woman up on dry ground to give you any difficulty.

'I have no problem with going to the judge and seeing if he wants to be reelected or not. Ya power mad, cotton picking nitpicking $#@!.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

BEHOLD!

the non-existent
    DEATH
    PANELS

now more kidz can go to skool because we wont have to pay for her "health care"
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

I was once with a group of people who rescued a guy from such a drainage pond on the side of the freeway in FL. As soon as we busted the window the car sunk like an anchor but we were just fast enough to pull him out the passenger side window as it disappeared. There were no cops on the scene, guess we were lucky we didn't get arrested.

I don't wanna say nothing bad about them, I know they give good service here and everything, but I said 'Oh, my God,'"
    And this, right here, is why we are so $#@!ed.

The cops are deliberately, willfully, with malice, preventing anybody from saving this woman, because, you know, us Mundanes are febrile idiots, incapable of doing anything outside the realm appointed to us by our overseers, namely, vapid, bovine-esque spectating.

So she dies, right in front of this idiot's eyes.

And the copsucking tendency ingrained in this idiot is so strong she STILL cannot say "anything bad" about the people that just, essentially, committed murder by neglect.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I was once with a group of people who rescued a guy from such a drainage pond on the side of the freeway in FL. As soon as we busted the window the car sunk like an anchor but we were just fast enough to pull him out the passenger side window as it disappeared. There were no cops on the scene, guess we were lucky we didn't get arrested.
    This sounds like something Oyarde would say...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    This sounds like something Oyarde would say...
    It'll teach you to keep something that can break a window within reach in your vehicle: power windows won't go down when the battery is fried.

me and a few friends filmed a vid about this after a woman here drown in a pond after running into it.

Fug'em. As far as I'm concerned they are risking their life by trying to stop me.

Moment good Samaritan who risked his life and IGNORED police orders to stay back plucked baby from Washington mudslide as mother lay helpless with two broken legs
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-disaster.html

"There were ambulances, there was the Fire Department, helicopters, airplanes, I said 'Oh, my God, they're not doing anything about it,' so she passed away," said the witness.
    Perfect analogy of statism.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Perfect analogy of statism.
    I thought the same when I read that.

Cop-worshipper from TOL:

All the facts are not represented in this article. That's El Paso. I don't suppose that fence delineates the Mexican-American border? Or is it possible that the Police Officers were protecting against further tragedy? It's impossible to tell from the article but that's the point of some of these sites. They spin a story to support an agenda.

Additional comment: I checked out the location of the drowning and it's north of the border so the fence was not a border delineation. That does not dismiss two things, 1) the water may have been too swift or the situation too dangerous for average citizens to conduct a safe rescue or 2) the woman may have already been dead at the time the Police told people to get away. Once there is a dead person at a scene, no one but those trained in evidence collection can access it to rule out foul play.

Another additional comment:
    Take a look at the location according to the article and take a look at the same location here:
    https://www.google.com/maps/@31.8502..._OSBWbP02w!2e0

I think it's pretty evident why the Police said stay away. It's called drainage ditch flooded amidst Texas gully washer so Officers were trying to protect against further tragedy. Try again CL. On second thought, spare us, please.
    Ever play "No Anchovies Please" backward? LOL

God forbid I get trapped in a wash during monsoon season or something. In years past I've heard of civilians helping people out of that kind of mess, but that would probably get an amateur rescuer arrested and/or $#@!ed up by Officer Friendly. There are "stupid driver" laws in AZ, so ya never know what will go down in emergency situations...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    me and a few friends filmed a vid about this after a woman here drown in a pond after running into it.
    That looks like that was fun. One thing worth mentioning again (I mentioned in my post) is to get everybody in the car unbuckled and ready to get out quick. Because the moment you break that window the air will escape and the vehicle will sink, FAST! I was astonished at how fast that car sunk the moment the window busted.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nearly identical situation last year: http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/04/il...le-man-drowns/

Onlookers were threatened with arrest if they tried to rescue him. Police/firemen were on scene for twenty minutes, in the parking lot of a hardware store, and couldn't figure out how to rescue hime.

Quote Originally Posted by ivflight View Post
    Nearly identical situation last year: http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/04/il...le-man-drowns/

Onlookers were threatened with arrest if they tried to rescue him. Police/firemen were on scene for twenty minutes, in the parking lot of a hardware store, and couldn't figure out how to rescue hime.

Indeed.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...n-drowns-VIDEO

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And this, right here, is why we are so $#@!ed.

The cops are deliberately, willfully, with malice, preventing anybody from saving this woman, because, you know, us Mundanes are febrile idiots, incapable of doing anything outside the realm appointed to us by our overseers, namely, vapid, bovine-esque spectating.

So she dies, right in front of this idiot's eyes.

And the copsucking tendency ingrained in this idiot is so strong she STILL cannot say "anything bad" about the people that just, essentially, committed murder by neglect.
    "It is interesting that not one of these witnesses want to appear on camera, and it is likely that many of them fear police retaliation for speaking out about what they saw."
    "The Patriarch"

Don't know the exact circumstances but, unless physically stopped and held back, I would have been arrested..... you gotta try.

Doesn't matter what I would have been charged with, I would never have regretted it, not once.

Principle, values and morals, over government control is, always a winner.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34
    In years past I've heard of civilians helping people out of that kind of mess, but that would probably get an amateur rescuer arrested and/or $#@!ed up by Officer Friendly.
    If a person is not properly licensed to perform rescue they could go to jail for doing it.