Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: California winery fined $115,000 for using volunteers; put out of business

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    Exactly. How and why that goofball is still invited on this forum is pretty amazing.
    Comic Relief. (the only reason I can conceive )
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    Exactly. How and why that goofball is still invited on this forum is pretty amazing. I would have fired him from an e-cannon a longtime ago.
    They can look in the mirror all day long and will never ever ever understand, they are the "Useful Idiots for the Marxists"

A little on another mess by government... The regulations and paperwork inflicted on vineyards/grape growers by California .gov clowns are absolutely horrendous today. The small mom and pop vineyards are being put out of business, AKA "sell to the huge crony corporate & Wall Street hedges, because they donate piles of cash to buy politicians to write laws to favor their donors. The little guy has to sell or cut a deal with the Devils(Big Gov & Big Wealth) in the racketeering schemes that have been legalized. You basically need a company full of lawyers-bean counters/MBAs-engineers to comply with bureaucracy & mandates from a slew of California/FED government agencies laws on wine growing today. It's worse than ever, but this slow methodical control has been going on for decades. I know... because I hear it from my relative that runs one and from an ex co-worker who's spouse is a master wine maker for a known very good wine line distributed nationally.

Waiting for the Wine Tasting houses to be SWATTED for not having the appropriate certificates and/or licenses displayed soon...
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    yeah, so if a child is too ignorant to know his rights and was convinced he doesn't need bathroom or lunch breaks, that's his problem.
    I did not work for nothing as a child , nor do I take a lunch break now , most days, so yeah , I have no problem with it .

there is no right in the Constitution that protects you from being $#@!ed by employers, NONE. You have no right to be employed or paid a living wage, you take it or leave, nobody can force you to take any job, at any pay.
    Irrelevant hyperbole. Nice try pretending to be liberty minded, you lib troll.

yeah, so if a child is too ignorant to know his rights and was convinced he doesn't need bathroom or lunch breaks, that's his problem.
    Has nothing to do with the thread. Just like your other lib post. Nice try, lib.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by 56ktarget View Post
    These laws are meant to prevent companies from colluding together and getting unpaid labor. Try again Paulites.
    Except it was not unpaid labor. They got something out of it.

I'm also giving you another neg rep for laughs. I want to see you become the first lib troll with the full complement of pink bars. LOL.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Irrelevant hyperbole. Nice try pretending to be liberty minded, you lib troll.
    Do you disagree?

Has nothing to do with the thread. Just like your other lib post. Nice try, lib.
    Except it does, because the government has no business telling people to take lunch breaks and bathroom breaks, and somebody actually agreed with me.

Do you disagree?

Except it does, because the government has no business telling people to take lunch breaks and bathroom breaks, and somebody actually agreed with me.

The story is about people who exchanged their time for experience. Do you disagree with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And in this case, that is obviously not what is happening, so how do you justify, in your tiny mind, this winery being fined $115,000 and put out of business?
    Every law has unintended consequences. That doesn't mean the net result of it is negative. It is sad that as the memories of the Gilded Age fade, labor protection acts are being stripped away.

Every law has unintended consequences.

The irony is thick.

It is sad that as the memories of the Gilded Age fade, labor protection acts are being stripped away.
    Yeah, I also heard about that pizza joint kid working past 9:30 on a school night.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The story is about people who exchanged their time for experience. Do you disagree with that?
    it's also about the government interfering with 2 privately willing parties.

Every law has unintended consequences. That doesn't mean the net result of it is negative. It is sad that as the memories of the Gilded Age fade, labor protection acts are being stripped away.
    why is labor protection acts going away a bad thing? do you not know the first rule of liberty is that the less government the better?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/01/bu...age-theft.html

Oops, didn't fit in with the Paulite talking point.
    workers claiming, doesn't mean it's true.

It's sad that you progs can't see that your political and union heros have abandoned you. It's crony corporatism, and your heros are the pigs in the big house...all animals are equal, but your pigs are more equal than the proletariat.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/01/bu...age-theft.html

Oops, didn't fit in with the Paulite talking point.

What labor protection act was stripped away?

why is labor protection acts going away a bad thing? do you not know the first rule of liberty is that the less government the better?

Code in this country keeps increasing. Employers screwing their workers is on the rise, at least according the article. Seems to me more government is not going to solve this one.

Code in this country keeps increasing. Employers screwing their workers is on the rise, at least according the article. Seems to me more government is not going to solve this one.
    I have no problem with employers screwing workers, and i agree more government won't solve it.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have no problem with employers screwing workers,...
    This does not make sense unless, of course, you're a liberal troll posing as a doofus libertarian. Your trolling reminds me of the dope in the article who said that businesses cutting corners is libertarianism.

Feel Good Story of the day right here.

Glad to see our laws hurting big evil businesses like some random family winery that barely made ends meet.

Huge conglomerates like GE, Comcast, and others of course are trustworthy and these laws aren't meant to have an effect on them at all because they are 100% clean. The Government should know, they're bedmates with these huge conglomerates so they've got the inside scoop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Illegal to work without a State approved wage. Illegal to benefit society without receiving FRN wipes from your benevolent lords.

Lol, statists.

Quote Originally Posted by staerker View Post
    Illegal to work without a State approved wage. Illegal to benefit society without receiving FRN wipes from your benevolent lords.

Lol, statists.
    I just want to be included in your wine-making thingie, fellas!
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    You mean the Constitution failed to protect people again? You don't say!
    Maybe we should sue the Constitution. Yeah... that's the ticket.

Now where'd I put that lawyer...
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

These laws are meant to prevent companies from colluding together and getting unpaid labor. Try again Paulites.
    Thus far, I have been able to detect no shred of value in anything you have posted here at RPF. Why do you bother? You might want to try getting a job and one day move out of mom's basement because you apparently have entirely too much time on your hands and too little knowledge of... well, anything.

I'm beginning to wonder if the old stories about the deleterious effects of masturbation are, in fact, true.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Well, firstly, shame on the owners for not having been aware of this law. I am serious. This is CALIFORNIA, for pity's sake, where NOTHING makes sense. It is run by the biggest raft of nitwits in the nation and populated by many millions of same "intellect". No nominally intelligent adult could fail to see what California is at its heart. Given this, they should have made the effort to uncover all such potentially devastating law and I am willing to bet they did no such thing.

For future reference, I am wondering whether they could have avoided this if they had charged each volunteer $1 every time they showed up for work. Of course, being California, there is probably some law banning running a school or training facility without a license, so the bottom line there may be that no self-respecting human adult does business in a $#@!-hole like the Golden State. As to that moniker, I am ever more convinced it should be changed to "The Golden Shower State".

California occupies a unique position in the US, for not only are its politics evil, they are so singularly and spectacularly stupid as to defy credulity well past the breaking point. To bear witness to California in action is the most mind-numbing experience imaginable.

Among the reasons cited by the California Department of Industrial Relations, was the fact that no income taxes were being collected on the volunteer labor.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Ca cannot have any labor where they do not collect tax.
    I have a few questions. What about unpaid interns? Don't the movie studios have those? And if they do, does the studio have to pay some kind of tax on the
    nonexistent wages of an intern? Sorry, I don't know anything about labor laws in Ca.

I would love to volunteer at a winery for experience.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That they do, which is why, ultimately, laws and government should be as minimalist as possible.

Or do the destruction of real people's lives and industry not count for anything, just so long as the law and its majestic majesty are upheld?

While I think the state of California is full of $#@! and this is complete and utter crap I think there's an easy way out of this. If for-profit-corporations can't have volunteers and these people want to gain experience, let them pay a couple bucks for a course. Problem solved.

Although.... There's probably laws against that, certificates you need, permissions and bowing to the king. No way I'd ever live there, even though the climate and scenery are most amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And in this case, that is obviously not what is happening, so how do you justify, in your tiny mind, this winery being fined $115,000 and put out of business?
    They hate us for our freedoms !!!
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Wasn't government complicit in the first place preventing strikes when workers tried to force negotiations (I'm thinking railroad workers, etc)? Maybe I'm not quite remembering things correctly here. But, perhaps creating problems to be solved by government is no new thing.

There is no justification for preventing an exchange of experience for labor. There is only enmity and jealously, and enforcement of the confiscation of wealth. This case is such an obvious move against freedom of association.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast