Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New airstrikes under way; planes targeting refineries used by ISIS

New airstrikes under way; planes targeting refineries used by ISIS

New airstrikes under way; planes targeting refineries used by ISIS

By Laura Smith-Spark, Barbara Starr and Gul Tuysuz, CNN
    updated 5:33 PM EDT, Wed September 24, 2014

The airstrikes against ISIS positions in eastern Syria targeted modular oil refineries, Pentagon spokesman Rear Adm. John Kirby told CNN on Wednesday.

"These strikes just ended moments ago," he said.

The warplanes targeted 12 locations, and they included warplanes from the United States, the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia, Kirby said.

U.S. and coalition warplanes pounded ISIS positions in eastern Syria, targeting oil installations being used by the so-called Islamic State terror group, a U.S. official with knowledge of the operation told CNN on Wednesday.

The latest round of airstrikes appeared to be an effort to cut off money flowing to ISIS, which has been selling oil to help finance the group's operations.

The strikes hit about a dozen targets, the official said. Among those flying alongside U.S. planes were forces from the United Arab Emirates, a second official said. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release details to the media.

read more:
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/24/world/...kes/index.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Later, we will pay Bechtel to rebuild them. Then we can blow them up again.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

glad I got gas today....
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

What a load of horse$#@!! Blowing up refineries in Syria is an attack on 'ISIS'? They're not even trying to be slick about this.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Later, we will pay Bechtel to rebuild them. Then we can blow them up again.
    Quite effectively.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    What a load of horse$#@!! Blowing up refineries in Syria is an attack on 'ISIS'? They're not even trying to be slick about this.
    IS sells the oil from the refineries on the black market for $2 million a day.

Cutting off their funding sources is the best way to prevent them from having the financing for a large scale terror attack.

The sad part is that the US will probably pay to rebuild them in the future if this war follows the typical path of recent wars.

what about the climate change thing?...all that pollution from the burning oil and stuff?...

Its all about our 'interests'...is that right....? or not...?

nevermind. I think i hit my head too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    what about the climate change thing?...all that pollution from the burning oil and stuff?...

Its all about our 'interests'...is that right....? or not...?

nevermind. I think i hit my head too hard.
    Obama will probably get a Nobel prize in environmentalism for bombing the refineries. That's how it seems to work lately.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    No they don't. ISIS is a CIA and Mossad controlled front group of mercenaries and intelligence operatives. Refineries are being attacked because that's where Assad's government gets it's revenues from. They're destroying the infrastructure of the existing government just like always.

Cutting off their funding sources is the best way to prevent them from having the financing for a large scale terror attack.
    WE ARE THE TERRORISTS BY BOMBING AND MISSILE ATTACKING A COUNTRY THAT NEVER EVEN THREATENED US!

The sad part is that the US will probably pay to rebuild them in the future if this war follows the typical path of recent wars.
    That we agree on. Only once a puppet government is installed and a western central bank is in place will they be rebuilt though. It's following the exact same path of lies and disinformation to invade a sovereign nation as Afghanistan and Iraq so naturally the nation building process will be the same too.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Turkey will be pissed. They are main buyer of ISIS stolen oil.

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    glad I got gas today....
    Yeah, I'm sure they will use this as an excuse to raise the price of fuel again. (Isn't that just admitting they were buying from the black market?)

Expect Fuel Tanker Hijackings to increase in the whole area.

I am just wondering how long it will take for the blowback inside these Arab countries to start.

I was already expecting a Civil war in Jordan,, but this will piss off a lot of Wahabis.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Turkey will be pissed. They are main buyer of ISIS stolen oil.
    Energy @ a 40% DISCOUNT TOO

The Fascist State must protect corporate profits and government taxes on energy... just more proof, doesn't matter who or what is in office... the markets/commodities and money, will be rigged/controlled and the bombs will always fall to protect the profitnerships.

Everybody's a Winner! ...exception, the 99.9%
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 09-25-2014 at 01:06 AM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    These people make a big deal out of simple minded crap and discuss it at length. This is supposed to get everyone to think it "normal" to be so simple minded. I can't watch the whole thing. And If the first Obama segment had been any longer I may not have been able to post this but would have been on the way to Walmart for another monitor.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What.
    da.
    $#@!?

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    What.
    da.
    $#@!?
    Nutshell would be using this as a prop to justify a different kind of cyber security. Especially with regard to the broader scheme of foreign policy with other nations. So then we need to become better aquainted with infrastructure that has been systematically put into place with regard to the domestic and international finance clearing models of those various nations and partners. Like Russia, China, all the BRICS...you get the idea. Remember the old gag about never let a good crisis go to waste?

As well, it should be noted that some countries were not invited" into the so called "coalition".

AWESOME!!!

This is exactly the strategy I was hyping before. Turn their mobile armor - hell, mobile everything into pillboxes.

Now lets create some 40' "potholes" in every road connecting ISIL controlled towns...

To some of the idiots posting on this thread please note that Syria only has TWO, that's right TWO industrial size oil refineries! See my thread DIY oil refinery - Nigerian style to get an idea of what they hit! Refineries are rare,

Finally! - the US mil is growing a brain!

SPW - XXXIII

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 09-25-2014 at 04:04 AM.

I believe this to be an attack on assad's government. This is not about the ISIS BS
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Yep, agree.

This shows this is a more traditional full blown war - that the Senate should have approved of -

the sorties hitting radar installations very first to get clear dominion of the airspace -

Saudi, UAE, French and Australian fighter jets are already involved (bombing and support) . . . once that is total - I mean TOTAL air no-fly outside of allied forces, then . . .
    Last edited by extortion17; 09-25-2014 at 01:48 AM.

French and Australian fighter jets are already involved
    ref please?

I can see why the French would throw their hat in the ring, concerning the recent beheading of one of their citizens.

-t

Next targets are hospitals and valuable infrastructures that ISIS is using to hide and operate from.. let's bomb those too. Oh, yeah, bomb out bridges so ISIS cant travel on. ISIS needs water, lets blow up some aquaducts and irrigation channels.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    Next targets are hospitals and valuable infrastructures that ISIS is using to hide and operate from.. let's bomb those too. Oh, yeah, bomb out bridges so ISIS cant travel on. ISIS needs water, lets blow up some aquaducts and irrigation channels.
    You are being sarcastic, but thinking along the right lines. ISIL is the borg. convert or die and that means you are an involuntary soldier for them. They feed you. They arm you. You don't want to be there. Make your life more miserable and you will REVOLT or DESERT! They want to set up a gvmt. Destroy their credibility to do that. Let them hold tiny pieces of land and not be able to attack anyone. Not be able to touch our peeps. SPW XXXIII

-t

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    AJAM is reporting that they hit oil FIELDS! There is a world of difference between an oil field and a refinery. Engines do NOT run on crude! Getting from crude to a refined liquid fuel is the Achilles heal. Refineries are rare.

I pity the people fighting those fires. They are a bitch to put out.

server F up
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 09-25-2014 at 02:51 AM.

server F up

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    ref please?

I can see why the French would throw their hat in the ring, concerning the recent beheading of one of their citizens.

-t
    Aussies dedicated fighhter jets last week in a news conference by Prime Minister Tony Abbott
    when their terror level went to it's highest ever last week - days later arrests for plot by ISIL-sympathizers/operatives
    for public beheadings of random Aussie citizens.

Aussies also committed to the allied forces some 600 SF pairs of boots

French was from a forum post here - hadn't seeen anythng specific.

I'll presume that rthe Danish would be involved as well - USA built F-35's need a testing ground for the Danes and Aussies -
    I guess WWIII is now that testing ground maybe a little earlier than originally planned.

NATO treaties means it is World War III vs. the Hitler-esque quasi-nation ISIL

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ttack-25585654

Last edited by extortion17; 09-25-2014 at 03:06 AM.

You write of "IS" as if you knew that they were what media reports them to be. That is a pretty wild assumption.

This is also rife with presumptions that may be correct in whole or in part. They may also be likewise incorrect.

And finally, you write something sensible.

0.334 may be considered decent in baseball, but in discussions such as this I think perhaps some improvement is in order.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by extortion17 View Post

ODD that in the opening, the lower stings are pressed down, yet the upper strings are the only ones stroked...

-t

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast