Thread: Pregnant woman slammed onto street by NYPD cop

Pregnant woman slammed onto street by NYPD cop

Pregnant woman slammed onto street by NYPD cop in Sunset Park
    http://pix11.com/2014/09/23/video-pr...n-sunset-park/

— who is six months pregnant — not only landing on her stomach, but she and her developing child having to absorb the weight of a police officer on top of her as well.

Authorities say police were attempting to apprehend a man who was possibly in possession of a gravity knife when several family members, which included the pregnant woman, tried to intervene.
    What happened is appalling and should not be happening in New York City. These videos are pictures of the truth and those who take them are performing a public service,” Rubenstein added.
    Flores says that accountability of the NYPD’S 72nd Precinct needs to happen as a result of this case, as well as the recent stomping of a food vendor at a street fair.

“What we are seeing here is a group of officers that are acting more like criminals instead of people that are here to protect us and serve the interest of the people in this neighborhood,” Flores said.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Get a rope!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Authorities say police were attempting to apprehend a man who was possibly in possession of a gravity knife when several family members, which included the pregnant woman, tried to intervene.
    I had to look that up as I didn't know what a "gravity knife" is.
    A gravity knife is a knife with a blade contained in its handle, and which opens its blade by the force of inertia or gravity.[1] As the gravity knife requires gravity or spinning motion to propel the blade out of the handle, it differs fundamentally from the switchblade, which opens its spring-propelled blade automatically upon the push of a button, switch, or fulcrum lever.[1] The main purpose of this opening method is that it allows opening and closing to be done one handed, in situations where the other hand is occupied. A major historical use has been in issue to parachutists to cut off their parachutes when tangled in a tree or similar.

The gravity knife uses a button, trigger, or fulcrum lever to release the blade from both the open and the closed positions, and may use a side-folding or telescoping (out-the-front, or OTF) blade. While most military gravity knives utilize a locking blade design, other types may not mechanically lock open but rely instead upon friction to wedge the rear section of the blade against the interior of the handle.[2] Factory-made gravity knives have various types of buttons, triggers, and fulcrum levers, which usually are used to release the blade from both the open and the closed positions.
    So its a knife where the blade is hidden completely unless activated and then it springs out. So assuming the knife was not out.... I can imagine hundreds of things that might look like a knife handle that has no knife -- even keychains-- especially in the dark as the video is taken.

And given the fact that they say, "possibly in possession" indicates to me that he did not in fact have one.

Which leads me to conclude that this "gravity knife" thing is just some new? probable cause bull$#@! the cops have thought up to use.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post

So its a knife where the blade is hidden completely unless activated and then it springs out. So assuming the knife was not out.... I can imagine hundreds of things that might look like a knife handle that has no knife -- even keychains-- especially in the dark as the video is taken.

And given the fact that they say, "possibly in possession" indicates to me that he did not in fact have one.
    Which leads me to conclude that this "gravity knife" thing is just some new? probable cause bull$#@! the cops have thought up to use.
    Perhaps a drop weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Perhaps a drop weapon?
    No need. Evidently such knives are illegal to possess in NY. So I'm assuming all a cop has to say is they think they saw one and have probable cause to $#@! your $#@! up. and since one where the knife isn't exposed looks pretty much like a hunded different things from small brick phones in a case to keychains, they can just say they thought you had one and have it be believable.

could this not be a hundred different generic things:
    Last edited by specsaregood; 09-23-2014 at 09:49 PM.

“These videos are pictures of the truth and those who take them are performing a public service.”
    Just one more instance of police brutality that would remain unknown,probably even on that block let alone nationally,if it wasn't for smartphones.
    That would be three instances if you just count the ones shown in this short newscast.

There have been 100's posted here in the last year or so that would be equally unknown if the cops hadn't been caught in the act on camera.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

It looks to me like she got her legs crossed up and fell with officer friendly landing on her. Of course, they still didn't hesitate to plant a knee on her neck and hold her there in that dangerous position.

Oh man it sounded like epic Sci-Fi terrorism. CIA gave ISIS super advanced weaponry from DARPA or somewhere blacker and now a terrorist is going to use a GRAVITY KNIFE on NYC.

Bloody switchblade.

So disappoint.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No need. Evidently such knives are illegal to possess in NY. So I'm assuming all a cop has to say is they think they saw one and have probable cause to $#@! your $#@! up. and since one where the knife isn't exposed looks pretty much like a hunded different things from small brick phones in a case to keychains, they can just say they thought you had one and have it be believable.

could this not be a hundred different generic things:
    You mean it could have been this?

He was also "possibly in possession" of a suitcase nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    He was also "possibly in possession" of a suitcase nuke.
    Don't forget about the possibility of smuggling illicit narcotics in his veins...

More info. NY Daily News and the NY Post have a longer video that shows another woman in the video thrown to the ground and the camera man claiming she suffered a broken arm.

Pregnant woman thrown, held belly-down to the ground by NYPD cop in Brooklyn
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1950499
    “I was afraid something happened to my baby. I am still afraid that something is wrong,” she said, referring to the abdominal pain that persists.
    Amezquita suffered vaginal bleeding after the incident, and her belly and arm still bear bruises.
    Cops wrestle pregnant woman to the ground in disturbing clip
    http://nypost.com/2014/09/24/pregnan...ught-on-video/
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.