Thread: School Says Students Need to Hear What Madman's Gunfire Sounds Like

School Says Students Need to Hear What Madman's Gunfire Sounds Like

Lenore Skenazy|Sep. 22, 2014 12:48 pm

This local news announcement about a Champion, Ohio, school's upcoming shooting drill makes an insane idea—shooting blanks in the hallways of a middle and high school—sound almost festive:

The sounds of gunfire will ring through the halls of two Champion school buildings this afternoon.
    Ah, the ringing sound of gunfire! Sort of like caroling except... chillingly fatalistic and completely at odds with the fact that school shootings, though horrific, remain exceedingly rare. Kids are safer than ever before, and schools are just about the safest environments for them.

Even so, many schools remain fascinated with the idea of holding practice shooting drills, as if learning to deal with an armed intruder is some essential rite of passage for kids.

But do these events really need a soundtrack to seem more real? From WFMJ:

According to a letter sent home to parents of students, police will be firing blanks from a gun at the high school and middle school so students can hear what gunshots sound like.

The exercise is part of A.L.I.C.E. training. A.L.I.C.E. stands for Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter and Evacuate.

(Side note: Does anyone, especially in a panic, remember what an obscure acronym stands for?)

continued at...http://reason.com/blog/2014/09/22/sc...what-m#comment

(the comments are pretty good)
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Desensitizing should be done with great care, but it's a good start...

screw alice, just counterattack with confidence!

If it's proper safety training they desire, send in Eddie Eagle along with
    enough AK-47s for ALL the kids and staff to practice with, so they can
    effectively defend their homeland/homeroom from (and prevent) any
    future drug-crazed-nutcase attack.

Always emphasize safety protocols!
    Last edited by FindLiberty; 09-22-2014 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    Desensitizing should be done with great care, but it's a good start...

If it's proper safety training they desire, send in Eddie Eagle along with
    enough AK-47s for ALL the kids and staff to practice with, so they can
    effectively defend their homeland/homeroom from (and prevent) any
    future drug-crazed-nutcase attack.

Always emphasize safety protocols!
    If only that was what they have in mind.
    "The Patriarch"

The letter to the parents can be found here:

http://www.championlocal.org/blog/wp...ICE-Drill1.pdf

Looks like they will do it twice a year for proper desensitization.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

This is so ridiculous. When I heard and read of other school shootings, I did not read of any student who did anything unsafe or risky.

It's a school. Teach math and reading.

Plus, having a drill for something just cements the idea that school is a dangerous place to be.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Having a drill sounds like an excuse to have a false flag.

My head feels like it is about to explode.

The comments really are quite good, BTW.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post

XNN
    My children would never be in such a school, but if they were, they would not be for long.

Want to bet that when a student ends up injured that the parents will meekly accept it as par?

America should burn its public schools to the ground. Why even bother having children if you are going to subject them to 12 years of this?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Having a drill sounds like an excuse to have a false flag.
    Yep.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

this goes here

"Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post

XNN
    Thank the Dept of Education. The drills are tied to federal funds. They are required to do more fire drills and if they live in an area with a natural hazard they have to do like a tornado drill. I believe the requirement is one drill a month - mostly fire/gas leak type stuff.

-t

This is oh around 5 miles away from my house. Loved the comment about simulating going to school in Cleveland or Youngstown. The schools here do an insane number of drills according to what I saw from a print job dh ran for the local schools back when he was printing. I was flabbergasted at how many drills they run and yet they have no consideration for the damage this inflicts on the children being desensitized by all these increasingly ridiculous drills.

Anon E. Mouse's comment about these being perfected for the benefit of the responders with no consideration given to the children was spot on! There is no respect for life in this society any more. It is not about doing what is moral or just but about formulating solutions that are expedient.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Next: Live fire drills on the school campus. It's for the children for safety sake!

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Thank the Dept of Education. The drills are tied to federal funds. They are required to do more fire drills and if they live in an area with a natural hazard they have to do like a tornado drill. I believe the requirement is one drill a month - mostly fire/gas leak type stuff.

-t
    Thank State, we need to keep the children scared $#@!...er, safe.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    My head feels like it is about to explode.

The comments really are quite good, BTW.
    Surprisingly so. Maybe there's hope after all????? Naw.
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sigh.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump