Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV Reporter Quits on Air: ‘F**k It, I Quit’

TV Reporter Quits on Air: ‘F**k It, I Quit’

Charlo Greene, a reporter at CBS affiliate KTVA in Anchorage quit her job on air last night, telling viewers, “$#@! it. I quit.”

Greene was reporting on the Alaska Cannabis Club. Following the story, she revealed she is the owner of the medical marijuana business and was going to be leaving TV news so she could devote her time to pushing for marijuana legalization in Alaska.

At the end of the report, she stunned viewers, and the newscast anchor, with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYcSqIuqkz4
    http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/...i-quit_b239657

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "F*** it, I quit!"? Alaska?

Sure this isn't about Palin?

She didnt' come across as the responsible spokesman I would think such an issue would need to be successfully promoted.

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

@libertyjam

nice.

some times you do have to say $#@! IT.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

//
    Last edited by dannno; 09-22-2014 at 11:10 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    She didnt' come across as the responsible spokesman I would think such an issue would need to be successfully promoted.
    Your paradigm is over, man..

The anal retentives lost.

Condolences.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Also, I doesn't really sound like she "quit" she precedes that with "not that I really have a choice" which indicates to me that she had already been fired/told this was her last show or something prior to going on the air.

Also, I doesn't really sound like she "quit" she precedes that with "not that I really have a choice" which indicates to me that she had already been fired/told this was her last show or something prior to going on the air.
    I suspect that had to do with the "News Story" they were just covering.
    She revealed herself as the subject of the story (Cannabisbusiness CEO).

It would be interesting to hear the rest of the broadcast (leading up to her announcement),, but I haven't found that.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 09-22-2014 at 11:34 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

You'll be fired for pissing dirty (probably what happened after they found out who she was or rather, what she did on her free time).

Yet here I am, 10:17 in the morning (my work schedule does not affect my schedule), drinking brandy and give or take a dozen or so beers, heading to bed in a bit, then work afterwards, to outwork all but only one person I've met so far in life.

Of course employers have the right to choose who they hire or ultimately fire for whatever if any reason at all. Contracts are bastardized, companies are incentivized to have these absurd policies, and the market has been damned to be anything absent a pipe dream. Yet I'll never advocate for anything absent abolishing the regulatory protectionism infesting this country.

In short, good for her. She seems competent enough and was probably fired for no reason aside from the level of nanograms of THC metabolites in her urine. To those, especially in the media, who regurgitate the same tired, biased, propagandized manure shoveled into the mouths of mainstream America, may they choke on a dick and die.

Not quite as eloquent as, "$#@! it, I quit" but you get the picture.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Somebody with Twitter should tweet her Ben Swann's recent exposé on marijuana scheduling.

With people being locked up every 2.2 seconds, quite considerably for victimless crimes, I think it'd be a good match.

If at least for nothing else but an interview.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I suspect that had to do with the "News Story" they were just covering.
    She revealed herself as the subject of the story (Cannabisbusiness CEO).

It would be interesting to hear the rest of the broadcast (leading up to her announcement),, but I haven't found that.
    that makes sense, yeah it would be interesting to hear the whole thing.

that makes sense, yeah it would be interesting to hear the whole thing.
    If anyone finds it,, please post it..

as far as media professionalism goes,,

cept he didn't quit.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    ... It would be interesting to hear the rest of the broadcast (leading up to her announcement)...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzf6xN4XaCg

Condolences.
    That's a much better sign-off than using her shorter F-bomb version.
    Maybe she was running up against the clock for her news segment/job.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by libertyjam View Post
    She's a hottie!

Edit: Okay. I should say more than that. She's articulate and in ^this video gives a well reasoned discourse about her views.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 09-22-2014 at 01:18 PM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Well the video went viral. No publicity is bad publicity.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Cheers, Charlo! If I had to spew the media organs propaganda all day long that is how I would sign off too.

Bonus, the follow up to cover her exit was absolutely hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Cheers, Charlo! If I had to spew the media organs propaganda all day long that is how I would sign off too.

Bonus, the follow up to cover her exit was absolutely hilarious!
    Yeah. I wasn't sure if the other lady was saying "Please pardon us" or "Please pray for us."

Condolences.
    • Overwhelming majority of states ban possession/selling marijuana
    • Majority of states have not legalized medical marijuana
    • Social stigma with its use is still very widespread
    • Majority of people in red states oppose its legalization
    • Majority of Republicans oppose the legalization of marijuana
    • Many businesses will not hire you if you fail a drug test
    • Tiny, single-digit support (9%) for legalizing heroin; only 11% for cocaine (Source)

Don't spike that football too early.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    • Tiny, single-digit support (9%) for legalizing heroin; only 11% for cocaine (Source)

MJ will be legalized at the Federal level before long to avoid further humiliation from nullification. THen the states will come around. There will be a few hold-outs just like there are with restrictions on alcohol, but I think the writing is on the wall with respect to MJ. the so-called hard drugs will take longer, but MJ is the camel's nose.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post

The majority of people in a vast majority if not every state support medical MJ and a majority of the country now supports legalizing MJ.

Anal retentiveness is a dying breed.

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    Ah,, Thank you for that..
    A good bit of perspective.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    She's a hottie!
    I call dibs!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Gives me hope to see even media personalities becoming fed up with the news agendas. The other night right as a local news broadcast was ending, the male anchor was seen on camera slamming his script into the trashcan next to him as the camera zoomed out before the fade to black. He was visibly disgusted at his job, at least that night. Gives me hope.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I liked how she shrugged her shoulders there at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    MJ will be legalized at the Federal level before long to avoid further humiliation from nullification. THen the states will come around. There will be a few hold-outs just like there are with restrictions on alcohol, but I think the writing is on the wall with respect to MJ. the so-called hard drugs will take longer, but MJ is the camel's nose.
    Certainly. Because there is revenue in legalization. Simply decriminalizing will never gain a foothold. There is no money in it. Decriminalization > Legalization. The pro-legalization people either sold out or are cashing in. It's a plant. One that should be grown in a home garden with no more regulation than a tomato.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    with no more regulation than a tomato.
    geez man, don't give em any more damn ideas!

geez man, don't give em any more damn ideas!
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast