Thread: James Carville: 13 Years From Now, We’re Still Gonna Be Bombing Muslims

James Carville: 13 Years From Now, We’re Still Gonna Be Bombing Muslims

Democratic strategist James Carville questioned the wisdom of continued military operations in the Middle East, telling a This Week panel Sunday morning that all the U.S. efforts in Iraq seemed to do was require further U.S. military efforts down the road.

“Thirteen years ago this October we started bombing Muslims in the Middle East,” Carville said. “We’re still bombing them. Does any sane person think that thirteen years from now we’re not going to still be bombing them? Of course we are. …Maybe there’s no alternative other than bombing people. But we’re getting the middle of four, count ‘em, four civil wars here.”

Carville then castigated Congress for being “brave enough” to send air fighters to Iraq but not brave enough to pass a war resolution. Host George Stephanopoulos and GOP strategist Ana Navarro countered that Obama administration was relying on the original AUMF from the previous administration, and was not in fact asking Congress for a new one.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/james-car...mbing-muslims/
    Last edited by orenbus; 09-21-2014 at 02:31 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The American Empire has been bombing Muslims for a lot longer than 13 years.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

first video posted in the OP was broken up audio/video, fixed with an updated version.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    The American Empire has been bombing Muslims for a lot longer than 13 years.
    Was just coming in here to say that.

Doesn't take a "genius" like Carville to figure that one out.

We've been bombing the ME, ourselves or by proxy, for well over 50 years.

A few more bombs will do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Was just coming in here to say that.

Doesn't take a "genius" like Carville to figure that one out.

We've been bombing the ME, ourselves or by proxy, for well over 50 years.

A few more bombs will do the trick.
    The Bombs cant last forever you know..

I wonder why he stopped counting at 13 years.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Iraq_(1998)

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    I wonder why he stopped counting at 13 years.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Iraq_(1998)
    The bombing of Iraq started in 1990

The more interesting and important question may just be, in 13 years will Muslims still be bombing us?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

ONE
    OF
    THESE
    DAYS THIS WOR
    IS GONNA
    END
    ?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    The more interesting and important question may just be, in 13 years will Muslims still be bombing us?
    Probably and with bombs we gave or sold to them.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    The Bombs cant last forever you know..
    Good point. If only we could talk to some companies that make bombs and make some long term deals with them that we need to order a lot more bombs for the next 13 years...

I bet those bomb makers won't mind if we keep buying from them...It's actually in their best interest if we need to keep bombing so we can buy more from them....

Wait a minute...they actually like it when we are bombing for 13 years straight....It's almost like they want us to keep bombing...It's good business for them....

You'd think they'd almost encourage never ending wars, to keep their profits going upward with no end in sight...

They'd probably get people inside the gov't to make sure war never ends...Oh wait...what am I saying...Like that would ever happen. That's crazy conspiracy talk..Silly me.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

When you have a religion that has never experienced a reformation and little prodding can go a long way.. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    30 years ago bombs were being given to muslim freedom fighter jihdis by US to kill other infidels:

The Taliban wasn't founded until 1994.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    The Taliban wasn't founded until 1994.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban
    Some Mujahideen went on to establish the Taliban.

Some went on to bomb other countries.

Many fighting in Afghanistan were not from Afghanistan (that is shocking, I know). They were welcomed with open arms by American middlemen at the time (and in fact radicalized with American provided Jihadist literature). They were trained in various aspects of war. When the Soviet occupation ended, many of them went back to their home countries. Many established their own jihadist groups. Ronald Reagan should have been impeached for many things and indicted for many others (no matter how many people misattribute this particular photograph with this or that).
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote is wrong, Reagan said that about the Contras in El Salvador during the Iran/Contra scandal.
    Last edited by orenbus; 09-22-2014 at 09:34 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can't wait until the economic collapse, just to bring this facade to an end once and for all.

I got to have a lunch with Carville in 2008 a few weeks before the last presidential debate (which was held at my university, hence lots of politico guests in the months before). We had a very open discussion; I was the only non Obama supporter there, and he called Ron Paul "admirably foolish", or something very similar.

I remember distinctly coming out of the lunch thinking that Carville was charming but naive; this interview seems to confirm that I was right back then.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Quote is wrong, Reagan said that about the Contras in El Salvador during the Iran/Contra scandal.
    And certain elements of the Contras were ruthless in their tactics. Trained in aspects of torture, assassination, and counterintelligence.. they found what I'd describe as a golden goose before smuggling cocaine to further their cause.

The CIA and DEA being complicit.

Ronald Reagan should have been impeached for circumventing the Boland Amendment. Reagan felt similarly to other guerrilla militants setting back US peace, prosperity and freedom quite a bit. Having knowledge that it was his 'freedom fighters' 'flooding' the streets with cocaine while simultaneously vamping up the police state is particularly evil.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    And certain elements of the Contras were ruthless in their tactics. Trained in aspects of torture, assassination, and counterintelligence..
    Oh trust me, I know.

* targeting health care clinics and health care workers for assassination
    * kidnapping civilians
    * torturing civilians
    * executing civilians, including children, who were captured in combat
    * raping women
    * indiscriminately attacking civilians and civilian houses
    * seizing civilian property
    * burning civilian houses in captured towns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contras...hts_violations

The guys that Ollie North and Bush Sr. were illegally funding with drug money?

Those guys, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The guys that Ollie North and Bush Sr. were illegally funding with drug money?

Those guys, right?
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Some Mujahideen went on to establish the Taliban.

Some went on to bomb other countries.

Many fighting in Afghanistan were not from Afghanistan (that is shocking, I know). They were welcomed with open arms by American middlemen at the time (and in fact radicalized with American provided Jihadist literature). They were trained in various aspects of war. When the Soviet occupation ended, many of them went back to their home countries. Many established their own jihadist groups. Ronald Reagan should have been impeached for many things and indicted for many others (no matter how many people misattribute this particular photograph with this or that).
    Technically correct as far as names go but essentially Talibans are next gen of same groups with somewhat fractured alliance or Afghan Jihadis 2.0.

That photo caption should have said Afghan Jihadis to be more accurate.
    Ok, but he also gave this glowing tribute to Afghan Jihadi freedom fighters when they were killing Russian infidels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXb_BUSU91s

Ok, but he also gave this glowing tribute to Afghan Jihadi freedom fighters when they were killing Russian infidels.
    Well yea I would think most, if not all politicians, in Washington at that time were singing their praises considering they were fighting the Russians. I was responding to your post mainly because I've seen that specific image used before and whoever put the text and picture together did not historically attribute the quote accurately about the Contras vs. Taliban.
    Last edited by orenbus; 09-22-2014 at 02:55 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.