Thread: Is the kindle fire HD 6 "smart"?

Question Is the kindle fire HD 6 "smart"?

From the ads, it looks like it could be a useful device. However, the descriptions available don't indicate whether or not it is "smart" (in the "smart phone" sense). Is it? I'm avoiding all "smart" gadgets so as to make it harder for Big Brother to track me. Thanks! ~hugs~
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I'm avoiding all "smart" gadgets so as to make it harder for Big Brother to track me.
    Oh, but avoiding smart gadgets makes you even more suspicious! We will find you....
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Oh, but avoiding smart gadgets makes you even more suspicious! We will find you....
    Oh, FFS...Damned if I do, damned if I don't... :'(
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

My son has one but I couldn't tell you if it's "smart" or not?

It'll hook up to wi-fi if you have the password....

Those who reject technology are just shooting themselves in the foot. The government already knows where you are and they will drag you kicking and screaming from wherever its most inconvenient for you, if in fact your are on their radar. They don't care. If they want to get you your only chance is to become a vagrant and stay low and usually it's just a matter of time before they find you. It's impossible to escape nowadays. If you can't beat them, destroy them with their own tools. Stay hidden by being everywhere.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    Those who reject technology are just shooting themselves in the foot. The government already knows where you are and they will drag you kicking and screaming from wherever its most inconvenient for you, if in fact your are on their radar. They don't care. If they want to get you your only chance is to become a vagrant and stay low and usually it's just a matter of time before they find you. It's impossible to escape nowadays. If you can't beat them, destroy them with their own tools. Stay hidden by being everywhere.
    I'm not anti-technology. I love it-especially liberating and subversive stuff like teh interwebz. I'm anti-Big Brother. I submit to you that making yourself easier prey is shooting yourself in the foot. You're right that pretty much everyone is on The Grid in some way or another-but "Smart" stuff is in many (most, IMO) ways a digital leash the regime can tug on you with. Throw it in the woods-next to the hybrid cars and Smart Vehicles and cheap Chinese toys that blow up in your face.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 09-19-2014 at 08:24 PM.

They have been 'smart' ever since they went from Kindle to Kindle Fire. The hardware is comparable to other tablets like Nexus, the OS is a locked-down version of Android. I have a Fire 2, when I first got it, the system was essentially an interface to buy/rent things like books and movies from Amazon. I wiped it and run a custom ROM on it now.

Wow I have a Pre-Fire Kindle. Just a simple E-Ink reader.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Wow I have a Pre-Fire Kindle. Just a simple E-Ink reader.
    That's what I use too. Nothing fancy, but very practical.