Thread: Lincoln Logs moves manufacturing from China to ME (LePage)

Lincoln Logs moves manufacturing from China to ME (LePage)

http://www.pressherald.com/2014/09/1...be-maine-made/

During a press conference Wednesday at Pride, LePage touted his “Maine is Open for Business” campaign and spoke on the state of manufacturing in Maine and the wood products industry.

“We’re very proud to see K’NEX coming to Maine to bring back the Lincoln Log,” he said. “It is critical that we not only continue to do a good job with this quality product, but if we focus in on bringing back manufacturing, we can get more products in and that is the future. We have to pay attention to what made Maine prosperous in the past because that is what will make Maine prosperous in the future, and that is forestry, agriculture and fishing.”
    I've seen several articles on this, but none of them seem to mention exactly what LePage actually did to convince the company to bring the manufacturing from China to ME. Regardless, this looks like some very good political points scored right before the election. I was also recently told that a poll is showing the race to be virtually tied, with LePage down by only one point, but have been unable to find it anywhere online - perhaps someone else can manage to dig it up.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

What Happened to My Lincoln Logs?

Sorry. I couldn't resist.
    "What happened to My Lincoln Logs?"

LMAO! True, it's right up there with Elvis Is Everywhere and I Hate Banks.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

So Lincoln Logs were invented and manufactured here in the states, somehow the company went out of business either from government restriction or mismanagement and now a foreign company can buy up the patent and produce the product and take the corporate profits off shore..

I'm confused...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    So Lincoln Logs were invented and manufactured here in the states, somehow the company went out of business either from government restriction or mismanagement and now a foreign company can buy up the patent and produce the product and take the corporate profits off shore..

I'm confused...
    No, no confusion there, you've got it right. And after those things happen, the quality of the product goes downhill, and a once proud brand name becomes tarnished. Look at the auto industry, and what happened when they started outsourcing things to mexico. Look at what happened in the electronics industry, to companies like Kustom. It isn't just happening to American companies either, look at companies like Marantz and Sansui. Brand names that once meant quality are purchased to sell junk.

It is a close race.
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...tler-3558.html

RCP Average 7/26 - 9/4 -- -- 41.0 39.3 12.7 Michaud +1.7
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Something to just keep in the back of yer heads with regard to the strategic reshoring of jobs during these interesting times. Just for the heck of it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post5311428
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 09-19-2014 at 06:14 PM.

LePage will lose, the M$#@! transplants will make sure of that.

We have to pay attention to what made Maine prosperous in the past because that is what will make Maine prosperous in the future, and that is forestry, agriculture and fishing.”
    They want none of that.

They want a statewide Cape Cod or Vineyard.

A wealthy elite otium class and a poverty ridden servant class.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

We have to pay attention to what made Maine prosperous in the past because that is what will make Maine prosperous in the future, and that is forestry, agriculture and fishing.”
    They want none of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

hey want none of that.

Nah man, we don't know. Last time, LePage won because it was a Republican wave year and there were 2 popular statists candidates that split the vote. It is looking like it might be another Republican wave year and there are again 2 popular statists candidates. Maine is pretty unique in this. It is a strongly Democratic state, where Independent statist candidates are often popular, and also a swing state in Republican wave years. It is true that LaPage is unpopular in ME. Though, if Republicans turn out in high numbers, Democrats turn out in low numbers, and the Democrats that do turn out split their votes b/t the two statists, LaPage might win again. That would be fantastic for the people of ME. He isn't pro-liberty. He hasn't been able to completely stop the tax increases that the controlling ME Democrats have put up. However, he has slowed them down a little. Taxes are out of control in ME and the people in ME that aren't on welfare need him to get reelected.

As for ME becoming prosperous again, that is really hard. NH is a lot more business friendly than ME and it is the only state that ME borders. The only big advantages ME has over NH when it comes to business climate are that it has more natural resources and that the pay in northern ME is a LOT lower than the pay in NH. If northern ME ever became anything close to prosperous, the pay would increase and that advantage would start to erode.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 09-22-2014 at 10:55 AM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Only problem with that, is the left-leaning vote isn't splitting as nicely as it did in the previous election, according to the polls. Hopefully LePage can pull it off again and get re-elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

They want none of that.

I live on the coast. You'd be surprised how many of the rich summer people are Republicans. They all still have their W, McCain, Mitt stickers on their cars and Lepage signs in the yard.

But yeah, where I live is gradually becoming like Bar Harbor. It really doesn't bother me that much, they come dump all their money for 3 months a year and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Only problem with that, is the left-leaning vote isn't splitting as nicely as it did in the previous election, according to the polls. Hopefully LePage can pull it off again and get re-elected.
    We all need to donate to Cutler.

Lepage just agreed to do the debates. He just needs to take the middle ground at them, not say anything too out there and make Cutler look good. If Cutler pulls just a few points from Michaud, Lepage wins. Realistically, Lepage is at his ceiling and can't go up in the polls.