Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Will Victory Against ISIS Look Like?

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    so, you're Dr. 2D now?
    No, I'm just a puny old man now.
    I'll let the kids argue.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    No, I'm just a puny old man now.
    I'll let the kids argue.
    you don't have to be old to be wise...

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The point is that there will be no victory.

War Against Poverty
    War Against Drugs
    War Against Terror

All going about as well as you'd expect.

These Government Philosophical Wars are all giant corrupt morasses that lead to death and more money flowing into illicit hands of cronies, lobbyists, and bankers. Even worse... all three have led to a massive loss of liberty.

I can't wait to see what the next "War On" will be. Whatever it is... expect the exact opposite of what the Government says will happen to happen. But that's the plan all along... exacerbate the problem so that the problem never stops and you can wage an infinite "War on Drugs" or "War on Terror". More profit in the illness than the cure.

ISIS is the latest illness and their supposed cure is to do exactly what we did in response to the other terror groups.

Rand Paul knocked it out of the park when he pointed out recently in that speech on the floor about how our Government is doing the old "Definition of Insanity".
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Projections are that it will take a year before we can set up and run camps in Saudi Arabia, vet volunteers, train, equip, and arm rebels, and send 5,000 fighters into battle in Syria.
    Because arming and training jihadist fighters has, you know, worked so well in the past.

"What Will Victory Against ISIS Look Like?"

I wouldn't count those chickens before they've hatched but it is a valid question to know what to watch for.

I think the way it will go down may be something like what went down in Libya. Before the war even really got started it was over if you knew what to look for.

As analysts debate possible motives behind President Obama’s United Nations-backed military intervention in Libya, one angle that has received attention in recent days is the rebels’ seemingly odd decision to establish a new central bank to replace dictator Muammar Gadhafi's state-owned monetary authority — possibly the first time in history that revolutionaries have taken time out from an ongoing life-and-death battle to create such an institution, according to observers.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/world-...nk-oil-company

I heard a while back that there were only seven countries left in the world without a central bank tied in with the global network of central banks. The list had Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya on it then. Now I think it is down to Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Cuba.

I'm not sure if Iceland should be added to the list. I'm not sure about their central bank now but I'm pretty sure they pulled off a pretty clean bankruptcy. Scotland kind of came close to winning their freedom. I'm not sure if they would have been allowed to become evil and start a clean honest money supply. A currency really needs to be back by something. Scotch would work for most of us.

Oh yeah. I saw a clip on the news where they were explaining how young people were being allowed to vote on independence. They had a bunch of school kids together that looked multinational. Seemed a little odd somehow but I can't quit place it.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    you don't have to be old to be wise...
    Wisdom comes through experience, it's not something one can learn through education.
    When I was younger, I was much wiser than I am now. I know I have much to experience and little time left to do so.

The outcome will be more terrorist attacks which will feed the justification of the wartards to keep doing what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yep. Multiple agendas converge. Follow the money. And speaking of money, don't forget the new Syrian Central Bank that will be created the day Assad falls.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Victory would be calling out Turkey & Saudi Arabia, Qatar & even Israel on their main sponsorship & stopping them.

Let me know when any US representative truly takes this on.

I'll give them some $$$

Saudis are now (as of 09.17.2014) providing base support . . . a welcome mat to boots on the ground, eh ?

Total casualties - both sides - civilian and military - and how many years . . . 100 yrs Johnny McCain . . . ?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

The defeat of ISIS is not the goal. The overthrow of Assad is. The plan has been clearly stated by Israel for decades: "regime change" across the Middle East, so that Israel can be surrounded by weak Arab states unable to oppose Israeli forces. The kick-off was Iraq, going down the list of Libya, Syria, Somalia, Yemen, Lebanon, Sudan, and last Iran. General Wes Clark let the cat out of the bag on the Democracy Now! Show.

Doug Feith, Assistant Secretary of Defense under George W. Bush, reiterated the goal in a 1996 paper called "A Clean Break." He said:

"Israel can shape its strategic environment...by weakening, containing, and
    even rolling back Syria. This effort can focus on removing Saddam Hussein
    from power in Iraq..." Douglas Feith, David Wurmser, "A Clean Break: A New
    Strategy for Securing the Realm (Israel)" 1996
    The paper was written for Netanyahu, then and coming politician in the Likud coalition. Now what was an American who had previously been in the Reagan Administration, famously associated with the Neocon "Team B", doing giving foreign policy advice to the Israeli government? Then he winds up in a high defense department position just in time for 9/11.

"A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm (Israel)" 1996

"Iraq, rich in oil on the one hand and internally torn on the other, is
    guaranteed as a candidate for Israel's targets. Its dissolution is even
    more important for us than that of Syria...Every kind of inter-Arab
    confrontation will assist us in the short run and will shorten the way to
    the more important aim of breaking up Iraq into denominations as in Syria
    and in Lebanon..." - Oded Yinon, Israeli Foreign Ministry, "A Strategy for
    Israel in the Nineteen Eighties"

"Israel can shape its strategic environment...by weakening, containing, and
    even rolling back Syria. This effort can focus on removing Saddam Hussein
    from power in Iraq..." Douglas Feith, David Wurmser, "A Clean Break: A New
    Strategy for Securing the Realm
    (Israel)" 1996

"...we're going to take out seven countries in five years, starting with
    Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off,
    Iran." -General Wesley Clark, 2007

Hopefully it would not look like a self-defeating circular act.

Iraq , Siding With U.S. Foes Russia and Iran, Bombs ISIS ‘Terrorist Death Machine’ in Syria,

By Tom O'Connor On 4/19/18

Iraq conducted rare airstrikes in neighboring Syria on Thursday, highlighting an alliance that may further threaten U.S. interests in the region.
    On Thursday, the office of Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi announced in a statement that "our heroic armed forces carried out deadly airstrikes on Thursday against positions of ISIS terrorist gangs in Syria by the Iraqi border." Iraq has mostly defeated the jihadis at home with outside help from a U.S.-led coalition and Iran, and the strikes come after Abadi said last week he may intervene against ISIS in Syria, where the U.S. and Iran were at odds over a seven-year civil war.
    Related: Iran warns of new ‘war’ as it boosts ties with Syria, Iraq and Lebanon
    "The strikes against ISIS gangs were conducted due to the risk posed by these gangs against Iraqi territory, and demonstrates the increased capabilities of our valiant armed forces in the pursuit and elimination of terrorism," Abadi's office said in a statement sent to Newsweek.

http://www.newsweek.com/iraq-joins-u...winning-893490

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12