View Poll Results: Do you support Rand for President?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 74.63%
  • No

8 11.94%
  • Maybe

9 13.43%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you support Rand for President?

At this point, I would rather let the state self-destruct

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Oh, this again.

Yes, I do, just not with the fervor and vigor with which I support Ron.

Rand is doing and saying what he needs to do in order for him to get anywhere near 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

I don't like it, but I understand it.

So, since he is saying things to appease the Establishment, then it stands to reason Establishment money will back him to some degree.

Which means he won't be needing my piddling ass couple of large that I dropped, happily, on Ron.
    Your thought on it is why polls like these shouldn't always be given the sour grapes meme, in my view. It is from within any given base of political doers that counter-intuitiveness is most scritinized. After all, those folks, I would think, would be the most qualified to make such assessments and, quite frankly, would be the same folks who are capable of swaying the view of another in casual political discussion out in the real world. Like the grocery store. The hardware store...out at the mailbox...picking up the paper and whatnot. which is really what I meant when comparing PAC structure with pack structure. And so it is fair to consider what they're thinking. Right? We care about the 2% who actually contribute in a way that solicits and produces change. If we didn't then we wouldn't call those same people out for the old "I can't believe yer dissin junior...and in his own forum...you're supposed to be his help" gag. It's important to remember. Even if some are so shortsighted to not see it.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 09-19-2014 at 04:45 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand who? You mean the flip flop king?

Quote Originally Posted by 56ktarget View Post
    Rand is trying to appease morons. Thus, sometimes he is going to act like a moron. Or at least, that's what I hope is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by 56ktarget View Post
    I do not know how you are tolerated.

Some criticism is deserved (though you criticize for the wrong reasons) but you can hardly answer a four word question let alone actually hold a conversation with anyone on this board, even those who feel the same as you.

You are a disgrace to your philosophy. Countless here who do not agree with what you say know more about your ideology than you do. Please. Read. The information is all available and mostly for free. Study. Come back in two years.

Perhaps then you could respond to even the most basic of retorts.

ETA: I am still waiting for your responses in whatever Second Amendment related thread you started.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

I'm pleasantly surprised. I was beginning to think the "No one but Paul" mantra only applied to Ron.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

Yes , I am . My question is this , if not , who ?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    This.

Put Judge Napolitano or someone like that on the ballot, and I'll support them without hesitation. Until then, Rand Paul is significantly better than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Didn't you hear? Ron will be running in 2016.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutional Paulicy View Post
    Didn't you hear? Ron will be running in 2016.
    This is a strawman. I'm getting even more frustrated as I see people actually starting to believe Rand's moderate positions. I was told it was just rhetorical in order to appease the hawks, and then I see people here starting to advocate intervention to. I still support Rand ,but I'm honestly not thrilled about it, its more because he's less bad than the alternatives than it is that I'm actually excited.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes and am prepared to become a vocal critic of him as soon as he wins.

I hope Rand's team is good rather than what his dad's team was. As soon as he announces his candidacy, I hope to buy a sign to put in my yard. They better have that $#@! ready.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I'm getting even more frustrated as I see people actually starting to believe Rand's moderate positions. I was told it was just rhetorical in order to appease the hawks, and then I see people here starting to advocate intervention to.
    Obviously your not the only one who see's this. I think most are concerned about it too. I know I am. I still believe Rand is by far the best choice we have in 2016.

Obama pretend to be a dove, yet once in office, went full scale interventionist. It would be a welcome surprise to see a candidate pretend to be slightly hawkish, yet once in office, go full scale non-interventionist.
    Last edited by Constitutional Paulicy; 09-21-2014 at 03:18 AM.
    - Josef Stalin

Rand is not Ron, but he is far better than any one he is running against.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    I hope Rand's team is good rather than what his dad's team was. As soon as he announces his candidacy, I hope to buy a sign to put in my yard. They better have that $#@! ready.
    you shouldn't have to buy it. the campaign should supply these free, and be happy people put them up.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Are you on the fence because of the immigration issue?
    That's one issue, sure.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

LibForestPaul

I voted yes. Been awhile since a President has been assassinated.

Voted no, tired of condescending arguments about why this is supposedly wrong. I have no confidence in him. It's my vote, and I don't think anyone should be punished when they vote their conscience. If he is such an awesome candidate and his strategy is so superb then my piddley vote should be irrelevant. Fwiw I have almost no confidence in the legitimacy of the vote anymore.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12