View Poll Results: Do you support Rand for President?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 74.63%
  • No

8 11.94%
  • Maybe

9 13.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you support Rand for President?

Do you support Rand for President?

We haven't done one of these polls for a while, so I thought I would make another one.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tell you what...

The first person who votes no, PM me so I can slap some sense into you in private.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I voted "maybe" but its more like "probably." I am curious what CaptUSA's argument is.

I'm voting yes but reserve the right to bitch.

About real issues. Not romper room. Like if we can't speak of foreign policy beyond the war on terrorism and the Middle East. That kind of thing.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 09-19-2014 at 11:49 AM.

I wasn't aware that he had announced that he was running.

If he does announce, the answer is yes.

There wasnt a fkyea, so I settled on yes.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

I disagree with him on some stuff like foreign policy but realize that him taking my positions would be political suicide.

I don't agree with him nearly as much as I do with Ron but he's far better than any other major candidate.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it would be best if he stayed in the Senate for a few more years. That's purely my opinion though and I don't want to sound like I'm trying to discourage anyone.

I support him 100% for President if he's going to go through with it. Rand is the neocons' worst nightmare.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Rand is the neocons' worst nightmare.
    Or their saving grace. Interesting times...

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I voted "maybe" but its more like "probably." I am curious what CaptUSA's argument is.
    Basically?

Dans ses écrits, un sage Italien Dit que le mieux est l'ennemi du bien. - Voltaire
    It will never be better.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

why do we have to do this every week?

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I support him 100% for President if he's going to go through with it. Rand is the neocons' worst nightmare.
    I've been told that Rand, myself, and others are radical neocon warmongers for supporting military action against ISIS. I guess it just depends on your perspective. But of course in reality no one who posts here and supports Rand is a "neocon." I would be supporting someone like Marco Rubio or John Bolton for President if I were a neoconservative.

Stupid poll as if there will be much dissent in the RAND PAUL section of the forums. Kind of like the Democratic Underground putting out a poll on their forums asking if people there will support a Democrat. But I guess some people feel a need to pat themselves on the back and boost their egos.

Whats next? A poll in the Thomas Massie section of the forums asking people if they support Thomas Massie?
    Last edited by twomp; 09-19-2014 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Stupid poll as if there will be much dissent in the RAND PAUL section of the forums. Kind of like the Democratic Underground putting out a poll on their forums asking if people there will support a Democrat. But I guess some people feel a need to pat themselves on the back and boost their egos.

Whats next? A poll in the Thomas Massie section of the forums asking people if they support Thomas Massie?

I've hammered junior's policy/comments on things many times. And in his own sub forum. I've tried to do so respectfully but I've done it. So your comparison is void. Also, I don't recall ever voting in one of these Rand polls about support. I think, if I'm not mistaken, that this is the first one that I've participated in. Usually, if I'm in agreement with him or the subject matter, I'll just completely stay out of the thread(s).

There must exist dissent in some form or at some point if one is serious about their vote for individual representation. PAC structure does not equal or does it replace pack structure. If that makes sense to you.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 09-19-2014 at 02:20 PM.

nice timing
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I've hammered junior's policy/comments on things many times. And in his own sub forum. I've tried to do so respectfully but I've done it. So your comparison is void. Also, I don't recall ever voting in one of these Rand polls about support. I think, if I'm not mistaken, that this is the first one that I've participated in. Usually, if i'm in agreement with him I'll just completely stay out of the thread(s).

There must exist dissent in some form or at some point if one is serious about their vote for representation.
    Oh please, yap, yap, yap. Look at the results of this poll, are you shocked by it? If you needed a poll to see if people would support Rand Paul in the RAND PAUL sub-forums then you are not as smart you try to make yourself out to be. How about a bet? I'll bet you 1,000 dollars that if I put up a poll in the Thomas Massie section asking people if they support Thomas Massie, the majority would say yes. I guarantee you wouldn't take that bet. So your entire little speech is void.

Oh please, yap, yap, yap. Look at the results of this poll, are you shocked by it? If you needed a poll to see if people would support Rand Paul in the RAND PAUL sub-forums then you are not as smart you try to make yourself out to be. How about a bet? I'll bet you 1,000 dollars that if I put up a poll in the Thomas Massie section asking people if they support Thomas Massie, the majority would say yes. I guarantee you wouldn't take that bet. So your entire little speech is void.
    I don't try to make myself appear smart. Here's why. I don't really care what anyone thinks about me. You see? And I didn't give you a speech. If I give a speech you'll know it. Heh. Heck, I don't even take the time to punctuate properly around here.

Of course, I wouldn't take your bet but it has nothing to do with my so called "little speech".

As far as another poll on the same thing, it is healthy to measure frequency from time to time from within. It really is.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 09-19-2014 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    why do we have to do this every week?

Rand hater!
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

What would voting for Rand do?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...epublic-unive/

America is no longer a democracy — never mind the democratic republic envisioned by Founding Fathers.

Rather, it has taken a turn down elitist lane and become a country led by a small dominant class comprised of powerful members who exert total control over the general population — an oligarchy, said a new study jointly conducted by Princeton and Northwestern universities.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Well, it's in the general politics forum now.

I'll let you know when he announces he's running.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I don't try to make myself appear smart. Here's why. I don't really care what anyone thinks about me. You see? And I didn't give you a speech. If I give a speech you'll know it. Heh. Heck, I don't even take the time to punctuate properly around here.

Of course, I wouldn't take your bet but it has nothing to do with my so called "little speech".
    Do you just write stuff up so you can see your own words? It seems my point completely flies over your head. So, I'll try again for a THIRD time. Does it really make sense to put a poll like this in the RAND PAUL sub forum? I can maybe understand if it was in the General section or maybe if the poll said who would you support, Rand Paul or Ron Paul for president but the fact that this poll is placed here make it useless poll because the results of the poll would slant heavily in one direction. That is why I brought it up, that is also why I brought up the Thomas Massie example TWICE now. But go ahead and reply to me again telling me about yourself and your experiences on these forums and how you never voted in a poll like this before blah, blah, blah, and totally neglecting the point I was trying to make from the beginning. I'd be happy to explain my point to you again for the FOURTH time.

Oh look, it's this poll again.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Oh look, it's this poll again.
    I just wanted to see whether he had lost any support here for his support for bombing ISIS.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

I dont know. Maybe.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Do you just write stuff up so you can see your own words?
    Noooo. I just don't care about your point. So schmoke that in yer peace pipe.

nah.
    "There never was a good war or a bad peace." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    I dont know. Maybe.
    Are you on the fence because of the immigration issue?

Oh, this again.

Yes, I do, just not with the fervor and vigor with which I support Ron.

Rand is doing and saying what he needs to do in order for him to get anywhere near 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

I don't like it, but I understand it.

So, since he is saying things to appease the Establishment, then it stands to reason Establishment money will back him to some degree.

Which means he won't be needing my piddling ass couple of large that I dropped, happily, on Ron.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-19-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast