Thread: LA school district decides to return grenade launchers in face of public outcry

LA school district decides to return grenade launchers in face of public outcry

L.A. school cops will return grenade launchers, keep M16s and military vehicle

L.A.'s top school-district cop says his department will return the grenade launchers they borrowed from the Pentagon, but will hold on to the M16 assault rifles and the military-grade armored vehicle...just in case.

“We at the Los Angeles School Police Department would not utilize [grenade launchers] within a school environment,” Police Chief Steve Zipperman, head of the Los Angeles School Police Department, told Fusion in a statement. The three grenade launchers “will be removed from our equipment inventory,” he said.
    The 1033 program is not a "borrowing" program. The school district PAID for the surplus. Who's signature was one the purchase agreement for the grenade launchers and WHY is that person not explaining how brilliant their decision was when they put pen to paper?

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Come on, that's just not fair. They could've at least let the LAPSD keep the Grenade Launchers to use as t-shirt cannons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

In a sense the propety is indeed borrowed; the habendum clause is certainly restrictive.

http://www.dps.mo.gov/dir/programs/c...tion9-2-14.pdf

reserves the right to recall any and all
    Last edited by presence; 09-19-2014 at 08:19 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

..pu$$ies.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    In a sense the propety is indeed borrowed; the habendum clause is certainly restrictive.

http://www.dps.mo.gov/dir/programs/c...tion9-2-14.pdf

I see that in your State of MO document, but I find no similar language in the USC or the 1033 Administrative Instruction.

http://www.dla.mil/issuances/Documents/i1111.pdf

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/2576a

Not that it particularly matters. The program is offensive as-is.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance