Thread: Former Texas Deputy Who Shot Man's Dog Attacked Outside of Courtroom

Former Texas Deputy Who Shot Man's Dog Attacked Outside of Courtroom

If anyone remembers, this is the case that happened back in April where the deputy shot the man's dog then refused to put it out of its misery, so the owner was forced to drown the dog in a bucket of water to euthanize it (his guns had been stolen in the burglary the deputy was called out for).

At least he has surrendered his law officer's license in return for the animal cruelty charges being dropped. I'm just surprised the guy who attacked him wasn't arrested or given a beatdown.

http://www.kltv.com/story/26566687/f...l-cruelty-case

Former deputy punched after charges dropped in animal cruelty case
    Posted: Sep 18, 2014 9:30 AM CST Updated: Sep 18, 2014 4:49 PM CST

RAINS COUNTY, TX (KLTV) - Charges have been dropped against former Rains County Deputy Jarrod Dooley, who was facing animal cruelty charges. The former deputy was also attacked outside of the courtroom.

Dooley surrendered his law enforcement license Thursday in court during a second pre-trial hearing. He is charged with animal cruelty after he shot a dog while responding to a burglary call.

“We still maintain that there was a defense to the shooting, but in an effort to have Mr. Dooley to be able to move on with his life we accepted the state's offer of dismissal,” Pete Schulte, Dooley's attorney, said.

While the former deputy was being interviewed, a man in the courtroom ran out and pushed him. Dooley yelled and his lawyers hushed him. The man, who has not been identified, ran out of the courthouse. Shortly after Dooley exited the courtroom, the same man punched him. Texas Department of Safety officials were called to the scene. No one was arrested in the incident.

"I now recognize that my previous history has left me with an excessive fear of another dog bite. I also recognize that the normal duties of a peace officer require being in the presence of dogs on a regular basis," Dooley said in court, just before announcing that he had signed a permanent surrender of license.

snip

After how this all transpired Jerrod felt like he was done with law enforcement he didn't feel like he was treated fairly,” Schulte said.

On April 18, Dooley responded to a burglary call at Cole Middleton's home. When he arrived, Middleton's dog, Candy, was sitting in the back of a parked truck barking. Dooley can be heard getting out of his patrol car on a dash camera video talking to the dog. The dog then jumps from the truck and the rest happens off camera. Dooley allegedly shot the dog.

Immediately after the shooting, the dog can be heard crying. Middleton then had to drown the dog to put it out of its' misery since his guns has been stolen.The deputy said he had been involved in two incidents in which a dog had been shot. In January, Dooley was dispatched to a residence in Point, Texas and shot a rottweiler dog. He said he did so because he feared bodily injury. He said in his statement that he shot Candy because he also felt "imminent danger of bodily injury."

snip

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I think the cop should have been made to suffer as he made the dog suffer. Dealing with dogs is far from difficult. Yet these cowards shoot fenced chihuahuas for barking despite posing zero threat. They have Tanks and Mine Resistant Vehicles and fear our Dogs and Finger Nail Clippers. Someones fear response is way way way out of $#@!ing kilter. It also goes to show how little value they have for life at all, only their own, at the expense of everyone else and regardless of the consequences to others.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

LibForestPaul

law enforcement license
    Phrase irks me for some reason.