Thread: Rand Paul: 'We Need to Stay the Heck Out of Their Civil War'

Rand Paul: 'We Need to Stay the Heck Out of Their Civil War'

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/firs...il-war-n206556

Quote Originally Posted by NBC News
    Calling the president’s plan to confront ISIS “absurd,” Republican Sen. Rand Paul on Thursday blasted the proposal to arm and train Syrian rebels in the fight against the Islamic terror group.

“It's messy,” he said in a passionate 45-minute speech on the Senate floor. “It's unclear. There are bad people on both sides. We need to stay the heck out of their civil war.”

Paul also strongly objected to the idea that the Senate will not hold a separate vote on the authorization to arm the rebels. That measure has been combined with a larger short-term spending bill meant to prevent a government shutdown.

“Sending arms to so-called moderate rebels in Syria is a fool's errand and will only make ISIS stronger," said the Kentucky Republican. "America should only go to war to win. We shouldn't go to war sort-of-meandering our way through a spending bill."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What a good idea, Rand. Minding our own business. You're doing your Daddy proud.

This gov't makes me want to puke. Didn't they learn anything from the Iraq debacle???? I swear, when Reid is up for reelection, I'm devoting my life to ousting him! No doubt he's behind attaching this funding to an existing spending bill. I'm begging you Lord, please hold this man accountable for his misdeeds.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Here's a longer video than the one on the link in the op. Heh. It's pretty good. Junior actually reminds me a lot of papa Paul here.

Last edited by Natural Citizen; 09-19-2014 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    This gov't makes me want to puke. Didn't they learn anything from the Iraq debacle????
    YES! Huge profits and excellent campaign contributions!

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    YES! Huge profits and excellent campaign contributions!
    Not to mention the fact that many Americans didn't protest - they just went along with the narrative, never asking questions, never seeking answers. Many were pretty happy, at least early on, to simply hang their flags and chant "USA!" in some moronic-sounding macho voice.

That war wore out its welcome, but they've learned that as long as you can successfully ignite emotions, you can do whatever you want!