Thread: Filling empty precinct delegate slots ???

Filling empty precinct delegate slots ???

I posted this on the local sub forum, but thought it might get more notice here. At our August county convention, we made a motion to suspend the filling of precinct delegate vacancies until our next executive committee meeting. It was seconded and approved. This week, along with our notice of the September meeting being canceled, we received this:

"There was a motion at our county convention that we sought clarification on from the MIGOP legal counsel. The motion was that we fill unfilled precinct delegate slots at our next meeting. After the legal counsel consulted party bylaws, rules and state statutes, it was determined that those slots can only be filled at a convention. Therefore, we will not be filling precinct delegate slots
    at the executive committee meeting." (in october)

So even tho this was motioned, seconded and approved we are unable to fill the vacancies. Does anyone know if this is accurate? Since the purpose of filling these spots was to increase the chances of stacking the executive committee with liberty minded conservative people, will it be possible then, to fill them come the November convention (since the rules state that these vacancies can only be filled at 'convention') and will it be able to be done before voting on the executive committee and officers?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I responded in the Michigan forum, but they're right, vacancies can only be filled at the end of a county convention. The body of precinct delegates votes to fill vacancies, not the executive committee.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

I responded to you over in the MI forum.