Thread: Pinellas County School District weaponizes with DOD surplus program

Pinellas County School District weaponizes with DOD surplus program

Pinellas schools buy assault rifles from military surplus program

School police Chief Rick Stelljes said his department has wanted to purchase M-16 rifles, which he calls "long guns," for at least two years but was prohibited by cost. He said the government's program allowed him to buy each rifle for $50, significantly less than the $900 to $1,000 he would have otherwise paid.
    Why does the school district have their own separate police force? $50 each?

"Our police officers are in our schools to help further the education of our students and make it safe for them to do so," Stelljes said. "This is just one more way to do it."

Bay, Palm Beach and Washington school districts are the only other ones in Florida to receive such equipment from the government this year.
    Maybe they'll pick up an old tank for their shop class to rebuild too.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    Pinellas schools buy assault rifles from military surplus program

Why does the school district have their own separate police force? $50 each?

Maybe they'll pick up an old tank for their shop class to rebuild too.

XNN
    And the bootlickers are eating it up in the comments, they think it's a great idea. Depressing beyond words.
    "The Patriarch"

Military surplus should be open public auction, non-export stipulated.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Military surplus should be open public auction, non-export stipulated.
    We're all a couple of generations too late to remember when that happened. Sigh.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Wait, I thought that schools were supposed to be gun free zones, and that military style weapons had no place on our streets. And yet...
    (No, I'm not the Starcraft guy)

Accept certain inalienable truths: Prices will rise. Politicians will philander. You, too, will get old.
    And when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young, prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.