Thread: Argan - The miracle beauty oil that also tames heart disease, diabetes and arthritis

Argan - The miracle beauty oil that also tames heart disease, diabetes and arthritis

Argan - The miracle beauty oil that also tames heart disease, diabetes and arthritis

by: Carolanne Wright

Argan oil. It's all the rage among those who treasure flawless skin and glossy hair. But the advantages of the oil aren't just skin deep -- numerous health benefits have also been discovered within the scientific community. Rich in essential fatty acids and antioxidants, argan oil just may be a one stop beauty and health remedy rolled into one.

Extracted by hand from the fruit of the argan tree which grows in Morocco, the oil counteracts dry skin, heals acne and helps fight the signs of aging. The secret? Potent antioxidants protect against free radicals and sun damage, while both oleic and linoleic acid support healthy sebum levels and cellular turnover -- important factors for those contending with acne, eczema or psoriasis. Considered a "dry oil," argan is absorbed readily into the skin, thereby assisting with moisture retention without feeling greasy or clogging pores. Sterolins in the oil also improve skin metabolism and reduce inflammation.

What's more, the oil adds shine to dull and lifeless hair, soothes scalp dryness and flaking, seals split ends and subdues unruly hair. And yet, the benefits of argan oil extend far beyond the cosmetic -- taken internally, the oil is just as impressive in its healing capabilities.

Medicinal benefits

A traditional food in Morocco used as a dipping oil for bread or drizzled over couscous, argan oil has a unique, nutty flavor. But it's much more than just a delicious culinary condiment. As reported by Katherine East in the article, "Live Naturally: The Benefits of Argan Oil":

"Argan oil contains rare plant sterols (schottenol and spinasterol), not found in other oils. It is believed that these phytosterols are unique in their combination and that there are no other vegetable oils with a comparable phytosterol composition. In general phytosterols reduce inflammation and help block cholesterol absorption from the intestines. They also show anti-cancer properties."

Preliminary studies also suggest that argan has comparable health benefits as olive oil. According to the Wall Street Journal:

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just order 2 x 4oz bottles of this stuff. My skin is very dry and needs oil but I hate face lotions so I figured I'd give this a shot.

Here's what I ordered...

★★SEPTEMBER SPECIAL - BUY 2 GET 10% OFF 4oz Bottle of Beauty by Earth Argan Oil - HURRY THIS OFFER ONLY AVAILABLE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST! Code: 10EARTHS
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...uct_refresh_T1

It's $16.59 for 2 oz but I used the 10% off code and had some Amazon Rewards so I only paid $8.00 for 2 bottles (8 oz total).Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I just order 2 x 4oz bottles of this stuff. My skin is very dry and needs oil but I hate face lotions so I figured I'd give this a shot.

Here's what I ordered...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...uct_refresh_T1

It's $16.59 for 2 oz but I used the 10% off code and had some Amazon Rewards so I only paid $8.00 for 2 bottles (8 oz total).Yay!

Isn't it a 4 oz. bottle? Not a bad deal at all. I love the stuff.

I use this for my hair and I love it: http://www.amazon.com/Renpure-Organi...anic+argan+oil
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post

I use this for my hair and I love it: http://www.amazon.com/Renpure-Organi...anic+argan+oil
    Yes. I ended up buying 8 oz for $8.00.

Math is hard.

That stuff looks good, I've been using Aussie but I'm sick of smelling like Hubba Bubba grape bubblegum so I've been looking for something different. I might give that a shot. Per the comments, it's only $5.99 a bottle at Walgreens.

And what could be finer than a 50/50 blend with CBD oil for those who
    treasure flawless skin, glossy hair and also want to live forever?

http://benswann.com/truth-in-media-f...s-as-medicine/

I bought some of that today at Walgreens. I got a HUGE bottle with a pump for 5.99, much better price than Amazon. The checkout lady was raving about it, she loves it too.

I bought some of that today at Walgreens. I got a HUGE bottle with a pump for 5.99, much better price than Amazon. The checkout lady was raving about it, she loves it too.
    It smells so nice too. Let me know what you think.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It smells so nice too. Let me know what you think.
    It does smell nice, not overpowering or fake perfumey. I used it tonight and my hair feels really soft and clean. I bought some for my mom too, her hair is very dry and she's always looking for something to help with that. I also bought a bottle of the conditioner because my hair is long and gets bad tangles - I haven't cut it since my avatar pic which was taken a year ago.

Like I said, the cashier was raving about it and her hair looked very nice.

For 2 huge bottles of shampoo and 2 normal sized bottles of conditioner I paid right at $20, not bad.

I got my oil! Yay!

I was surprised it came so fast because I chose the longer shipping to get a $1 Amazon book credit. I put it on my face right away and it feels soooo good. It went on oily but my dry skin sucked it right up and I don't feel greasy. It smells wonderful - like the shampoo but a little stronger. Love it!

As a bonus, I also got a lip balm.

Lots of oils will offer those benefits you and probably don't cost as much.

I got my oil! Yay!

I was surprised it came so fast because I chose the longer shipping to get a $1 Amazon book credit. I put it on my face right away and it feels soooo good. It went on oily but my dry skin sucked it right up and I don't feel greasy. It smells wonderful - like the shampoo but a little stronger. Love it!

Excellent. Good testimonial. Thanks.

I got my oil! Yay!

I found this one on sale: http://www.vitacost.com/acure-organi...an-oil-1-fl-oz

I'm really lovin' this oil. A drop does my whole face and and no greasy feeling, it just feels very soft.
    I think I'm going to put some on my hair tonight.

Update:

I've been using this oil on my face for about a week and just love it. I had one small wrinkle starting to form on my forehead but it's gone now. I've been slathering this stuff on my face morning and night and it doesn't feel greasy, just very soft. If you have dry skin, I cannot recommend this stuff enough.

Also, the shampoo donnay recommended is just amazing. I have very fine hair that goes limp in the humidity but the shampoo has made it feel much thicker and fuller. And when I roll it, the curls hold much better. My Mom loves it too, there's a noticeable difference in her hair as well. Us southern girls like our hair big. The bigger the hair, the closer you are to Heaven.

I, along with others, nicknamed Argan Oil “liquid gold” because of the profound effects I’ve seen on my skin. It’s such a rich concentration of vitamins and minerals and has powerful natural properties to heal skin ailments and protect against premature aging caused by oxidation.

Triterpenoids are an active substance found in Argan oil that offer amazing skin protection like healing scars, providing anti-inflammatory benefits, sun protection and disinfection to keep pollutants, smoke, toxins, and microorganisms from entering the skin’s barrier. It’s also amazing for chicken pox, acne, psoriasis, eczema, and stretch marks during pregnancy.

Argan oil also contains sterolins which improve skin metabolism, and promote moisture retention.
    Because Argan oil has extremely high levels of Vitamin E, it’s considered very effective for anti-aging. The antioxidants in Argan oil help neutralize free radical damage which is very important for skin exposed to such polluted and toxic environments nowadays.

For the last 5 years, I’ve used coconut oil as my facial moisturizer and I’ve sung the praises about it here. I still use coconut oil for everything that I’ve always used it for, except now I use Argan oil exclusively as my facial moisturizer.

http://www.primallyinspired.com/frid...fits-and-uses/

7 Warning Signs that Your Argan Oil is Impure
    http://saadiaorganics.com/7-warning-...-oil-is-impure

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    *bookmarks another thread*
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!